What's the best cartoon you've ever seen?

Off topic discussion.
Juanita
On a Flight into Space

Postby Juanita » 9 years ago

That's true. It is kind of a given.

Moonlit Flower
Banned

Postby Moonlit Flower » 9 years ago

I have a lot of favorite cartoons, most are anime though, but it's the same thing.

But western-wise, my favorite cartoon would have to be Disney animation. And courage the cowardly dog is one of my favorites. I miss cartoon network when I was a kid. I'm not entirely sure on what they show nowdays, but adventure time seems to be a huge thing right now.

Earthshine

Postby Earthshine » 9 years ago

I loved Courage the Cowardly Dog! I too used to watch Cartoon Network as a child almost daily back when they had Toonami on and Samurai Jack (though fortunately I bought the entire series on DVD :p ).

Unfortunately most of what Cartoon Network shows now is extremely high-energy, vapid and silly. Though they did show an amazing miniseries by the name of Over the Garden Wall which was a joy to watch.

I don't watch much of Cartoon Network anymore, not since they cancelled Young Justice.

Though apparently Adult Swim is playing anime again!
Last edited by Earthshine on Fri Dec 05, 2014 1:40 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: fixed a word

BigFox8
Rocket Ball Champion

Postby BigFox8 » 9 years ago

CODE LYOKO!!!!!!!!! CODE LYOKO IS THE BEST!!!!!!! ODD & AELITA FOREVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
:astro: On YouTube, I am CodeLyokoFan2002. Astro Boy is the cutest robot in town! :astro:

Shiyonasan
Administrator

Postby Shiyonasan » 9 years ago

"BigFox8" wrote:CODE LYOKO!!!!!!!!! CODE LYOKO IS THE BEST!!!!!!! ODD & AELITA FOREVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

If I had to pick a favorite French cartoon, it would be Code Lyoko. I've probably watched just every episode of the first three seasons. Only got around to seeing one or two episodes from season four.

I was always a fan of Aelita. Yumi and Jeremie are pretty cool too.

"Earthshine" wrote:I loved Courage the Cowardly Dog! I too used to watch Cartoon Network as a child almost daily back when they had Toonami on and Samurai Jack (though fortunately I bought the entire series on DVD :p ).

Unfortunately most of what Cartoon Network shows now is extremely high-energy, vapid and silly. Though they did show an amazing miniseries by the name of Over the Garden Wall which was a joy to watch.

I don't watch much of Cartoon Network anymore, not since they cancelled Young Justice.

Though apparently Adult Swim is playing anime again!

Ah yes, good ol' Courage the Cowardly Dog. That show never really scared me as much as it did other kids. The only episode I remember that scared me as a kid was the barber episode. Freaky Fred was pretty freaky indeed. However, it didn't scare me whenever I watched it a few years ago. Great cartoon, though a little out there at times.

I just can't bring myself to watch Cartoon Network anymore either. After Ed, Edd, n Eddy ended in 2009, I pretty quickly stopped watching the channel. I think after Flapjack starting airing, things kind of went downhill from there. Over the Garden Wall does sound interesting though. I'll have to watch it sometime.

Also, yes, Adult Swim is airing anime again. Toonami got revived and they air them during that block. I don't watch it, but I remember hearing about Toonami coming back a couple years ago.

Juanita
On a Flight into Space

Postby Juanita » 9 years ago

I remembered Courage! I Used to watch that or Ed, Edd, n Eddy everyday after school. It was creepy, but it still had heart. The episode that I remmeber the most is the episode with the space squid. I really liked that one.
Code Lyoko's art style bugged me. I think it was the jagged edges and huge forheads that got to me most.
There's only a few cartoons (or shows in general really) that I enjoy watching. I used to enjoy Regular Show and Adventure Time, but they don't really appeal to me anymore. They've gone on for way too long (especially AT), and all the original charm of the shows are gone now. I do enjoy Steven Universe, Legend of Korra, and Gravity Falls but besides OTGW and Parks and Recreation that's about all the TV I watch. I barely watch anime, and I haven't started or finished any of the live action shows I wanted to start watching. It's kind of embarrassing really :blush:

dannavy85
Banned

Postby dannavy85 » 9 years ago

Best American Cartoon?

I'm old school....Journey to the Center of the Earth.

"You guys have some serious Mommy issues."

Return to “General Discussion”