What was the first Tezuka anime or manga (Besides Astro boy) you discovered?

Off topic discussion.
Earthshine

Postby Earthshine » 10 years ago

"fafner" wrote:[QUOTE=tailz;221666]Well, it's true that the lion king is considered to be a rip off of Kimba, but I grew up around Disney and the Lion King, so I like it. :)

Considering something is a rip-off doesn't mean we can't like it either ;) It would just have been nice from Disney to admit at least some inspiration.[/QUOTE]

That's what I always thought, they could have added a little blurb in the credits saying something like "inspired by Kimba the White Lion by Osamu Tezuka."

It's a great film regardless but they could have been a little more open about inspirations. :whistling:

tailz
Banned

Postby tailz » 10 years ago

Well on my Black Jack fansite I did add a little something like "Kimba the white lion may have inspired Disney to create the popular animated film The lion king." But that's it. Lol, and it's not on the credits. :lol:

I want to see the lion king 2 again someday. I can't even remember the last time I watched it. 10 years ago, was it?
Hello! If you wish to speak with me on other sites then Follow me on these sites below:

http://my.desktopnexus.com/tailz/

http://www.aimini.net/look/?pid=d24TGUDedhOYX1QAcgzS

http://nanonanopudding.deviantart.com/

Keep in mind that I do Not own theses sites. These sites belong to their rightful owners. Thank you. :)

My fansite:http://blackjackpudding.webs.com/apps/profile/84233730/

[sigpic][/sigpic]

I love 初音ミク :heart:

Earthshine

I always thought that The Lion King 2 was one of the very few Disney sequels that was not bad at all. I really enjoyed that film. Great music too.

Windswept Cloak
Banned
Location: Sitting at my desk, surrounded by books and papers.

Postby Windswept Cloak » 10 years ago

I first started watching Ribbon no Kishi after Tetsuwan Atomu. :)
I joined this forum in late 2013 when I was 15 going on 16. Ignore my oldest posts, they embarrass me so much that I've considered permanantly leaving the forum more than once. I've grown out of my fangirling phase over Black Jack, Atom and Uran ages ago but the memories still embarrass me at times... :unsure: Though, I try to be more open-minded about it and accept it as an "interesting stage of my life". :tezuka:

Tetsuwan Atom
Robot President

Postby Tetsuwan Atom » 10 years ago

It must have been the Dororo manga in the beginning of 2010 the reason i actually got into Tezuka other than Astro Boy is kind of a funny story because when we had to do a lecture in school i thought why not do it about the creator of Astro boy.
and when i went deeper into it, being really surprised that AB wasn't as big of a deal in Tezuka's creations as a whole as i thought it was.
And the rest seems pretty obvious :lol:

Osamu Tezuka God of Manga Father of Anime RIP 1928-1989
http://www.youtube.com/user/TheAnimeNewsNetwork1?feature=mhum

Earthshine

I was also a bit surprised in my own explorations of the Tezuka fandom that Astro Boy wasn't as big or as well-thought of by fans and by Tezuka himself compared to his other works such as; Black Jack, Phoenix and Adolf.

Looking back on my post I need to re-watch Legend of the Forest as I cannot remember much of it. It's like trying to remember Watership Down (the animation). It's so fuzzy I can't really remember key moments in the movie.

Whitelion
Kokoro Robot

Postby Whitelion » 10 years ago

I saw the movie Jungle Emperor Leo first (oh by the way it's going out of print soon, buy your copy...) I think, and later dived deep into everything Kimba related, watched everything on Youtube and stumbled upon Black Jack that way too, along with Astro (80's). I really enjoyed both, but at the time I didn't know that any Tezuka manga had been released stateside, so I was just a casual fan until I bought 'The Art of Osamu Tezuka' from Barnes and Noble. THAT started my addiction.

Tetsuwan Atom
Robot President

Postby Tetsuwan Atom » 10 years ago

"Whitelion" wrote:I saw the movie Jungle Emperor Leo first (oh by the way it's going out of print soon, buy your copy...)
On what is this based on ? that Amazon says order soon or Rightstuff says something like it ? that doesn't necessarily say anything unless you can't almost find it anywhere it was still released by Sentai right ?

I remember wanting to buy Poose in Boots anime from Discotec they still claim to produce it while they haven't, and can be bought on Amazon for the ridiculous price of 530 Dollars :lol: (so i grabbed the German version instead) although this might not be related to the other but what i try to say is you still don't know it for sure it's not like it was released by a company that's long gone or anything.

Well i searched it up and it kind of already seems to be gone while still being available by some vendors sucks
Last edited by Tetsuwan Atom on Tue Mar 25, 2014 10:55 pm, edited 6 times in total.

Osamu Tezuka God of Manga Father of Anime RIP 1928-1989

http://www.youtube.com/user/TheAnimeNewsNetwork1?feature=mhum

F-Man
On a Flight into Space

Postby F-Man » 10 years ago

"Whitelion" wrote:I saw the movie Jungle Emperor Leo first (oh by the way it's going out of print soon, buy your copy...)

Or don't, cause it's not even anamorphic, and that movie is one of the things Tezuka Pro are most likely to put on Anime Sols for a brand new DVD release soon enough. :p
I'm on Twitter.

Whitelion
Kokoro Robot

Postby Whitelion » 10 years ago

"Tetsuwan Atom" wrote:[QUOTE=Whitelion;223473]I saw the movie Jungle Emperor Leo first (oh by the way it's going out of print soon, buy your copy...)
On what is this based on ? that Amazon says order soon or Rightstuff says something like it ? that doesn't necessarily say anything unless you can't almost find it anywhere it was still released by Sentai right ?

I remember wanting to buy Poose in Boots anime from Discotec they still claim to produce it while they haven't, and can be bought on Amazon for the ridiculous price of 530 Dollars :lol: (so i grabbed the German version instead) although this might not be related to the other but what i try to say is you still don't know it for sure it's not like it was released by a company that's long gone or anything.

Well i searched it up and it kind of already seems to be gone while still being available by some vendors sucks[/QUOTE]
Rightstuf's website says 44 left in stock, and I emailed them since I was curious and they said it was discontinued by the manufacturer. I'm not sure who released the movie stateside, I used to know but I'll try and remember. F-man, oh gosh I would love for that to happen, in a beautiful sharp Blu-ray release. I'm not sure if Anime Sols will do everything Tezuka related though, so to be on the safe side I guess.

Return to “General Discussion”