The Random Facts Thread

Off topic discussion.
Windswept Cloak
Banned
Location: Sitting at my desk, surrounded by books and papers.

Postby Windswept Cloak » 10 years ago

A hundred years ago, Taiwan used to be ruled by Japan. Therefore, although our culture is mostly Chinese, we've been influenced by Japan in quite a few ways. For example, some very old Taiwanese old men and ladies tend to keep a more Japanese-like living style.
I joined this forum in late 2013 when I was 15 going on 16. Ignore my oldest posts, they embarrass me so much that I've considered permanantly leaving the forum more than once. I've grown out of my fangirling phase over Black Jack, Atom and Uran ages ago but the memories still embarrass me at times... :unsure: Though, I try to be more open-minded about it and accept it as an "interesting stage of my life". :tezuka:

Earthshine

Postby Earthshine » 10 years ago

That's pretty neat! :)

Here's a random fact; potatoes although synonymous with Irish cuisine actually aren't native to Ireland at all! Potatoes originated in South America.

Windswept Cloak
Banned

"Kuo-Yi" wrote:A hundred years ago, Taiwan used to be ruled by Japan. Therefore, although our culture is mostly Chinese, we've been influenced by Japan in quite a few ways. For example, some very old Taiwanese old men and ladies tend to keep a more Japanese-like living style.

Once I even saw some ladies in kimonos on the bus. :) And they didn't look like cosplayers.
I joined this forum in late 2013 when I was 15 going on 16. Ignore my oldest posts, they embarrass me so much that I've considered permanantly leaving the forum more than once. I've grown out of my fangirling phase over Black Jack, Atom and Uran ages ago but the memories still embarrass me at times... :unsure: Though, I try to be more open-minded about it and accept it as an "interesting stage of my life". :tezuka:

Angel of the Stars
On a Flight into Space

Postby Angel of the Stars » 10 years ago

"Kuo-Yi" wrote:[QUOTE=Kuo-Yi;223765]A hundred years ago, Taiwan used to be ruled by Japan. Therefore, although our culture is mostly Chinese, we've been influenced by Japan in quite a few ways. For example, some very old Taiwanese old men and ladies tend to keep a more Japanese-like living style.

Once I even saw some ladies in kimonos on the bus. :) And they didn't look like cosplayers.[/QUOTE]

That's so cool!! X3

Angel of the Stars
On a Flight into Space

Here's a fact: You swallow at least 8 spiders a year.

diehard67
On a Flight into Space

Postby diehard67 » 10 years ago

my sister would probably eject her cookies if she heard that, her friend would freak out even worse lol
my public downloads on my home server
my website also on my home server
facebook pm me here if you add me on facebook please.
twitter

fafner
Cosmic Ranger

Postby fafner » 10 years ago

It's worth noting that we "eat" spiders generally while sleeping, because spiders don't know that comfortable and warm hole is actually our mouth :sick:

Come on, that's food as everything else we eat, and 100% natural at that :D
The real sign that someone has become a fanatic is that he completely loses his sense of humor about some important facet of his life. When humor goes, it means he's lost his perspective.

Wedge Antilles
Star Wars - Exile

Tetsuwan Penguin
Robot Revolutionary

Postby Tetsuwan Penguin » 10 years ago

I hope I don't have roaches crawling in my bed at night! :sick:
[sigpic][/sigpic]Image

:tenma: I'm on Fanfiction.net as Tetsuwan Penguin. Please check out some of the other stories I've written! ;)
https://www.fanfiction.net/u/4672860/Tetsuwan-Penguin

I can also be found on Deviant Art http://tetsuwanpenguin.deviantart.com/

My home page
http://scharkalvin.weebly.com/about-me.html

Angel of the Stars
On a Flight into Space

:lol:
Wow I had no idea that fact would be so "popular"! XD

Darin was the one who told me it at my grand parents' christmas party. I started sleeping with my face in my pillow. :rolleyes:

Windswept Cloak
Banned

Oooh, yummy, I mean yuck. :lol:

Return to “General Discussion”