Feeling depressed

Off topic discussion.
Angel of the Stars
On a Flight into Space

Postby Angel of the Stars » 10 years ago

I really do feel much better after reading all of your guys' comments.
Sure, I'm still depressed about it, but you all supporting me is making a real, huge difference.
I thank you all so much!

Angel of the Stars
On a Flight into Space

Found out my cousin's visitation is tomorrow. Woop-dee-doo.

Still not happy he's dead; why would I be?
Gah!! Now I'm falling behind in my classes and my mom's scolding me for it; how fun. :shifty:

jeffbert
Minister of Science

Postby jeffbert » 10 years ago

;) I think your schoolwork should suffer, at least for a week or so, seeing you were close to your cousin, Angel of the Stars. Grieving is normal, just do not let it rule your life, you should grieve for a while, then gradually, cease. :heart:

Windswept Cloak
Banned
Location: Sitting at my desk, surrounded by books and papers.

Postby Windswept Cloak » 10 years ago

"Angel of the Stars" wrote:[QUOTE=Kuo-Yi;223573]I'm crying for real right now. :( I know about this news by your email already, but I still want to tell you here how sorry I am. After all, you're one of the nicest people I know both in real life and on the Internet. 98% people at school hate me. Today a teacher accused me for cheating when I didn't do it, then asked me to clean the classrooms. You're a million times nicer than these people and a good friend. Therefore, I'll pray for your cousin. :( And you.

(Edit) I feel so sorry for all of your losses, guys. (Prays) :(

Thank you so much, Kuo-Yi.
You're one of the best friends I've ever met; we could practically be sisters, we're so alike and so close!
I thank you for praying for Darin and praying for me and for others who have lost their loved ones. I hope I never have to lose you before we meet, Kuo-Yi. :) [/QUOTE]

Certainly not, we're staying friends forever! ;) And by the time I go back to Canada, who knows? Maybe I'll be a manga artist already. :lol:
I joined this forum in late 2013 when I was 15 going on 16. Ignore my oldest posts, they embarrass me so much that I've considered permanantly leaving the forum more than once. I've grown out of my fangirling phase over Black Jack, Atom and Uran ages ago but the memories still embarrass me at times... :unsure: Though, I try to be more open-minded about it and accept it as an "interesting stage of my life". :tezuka:

Angel of the Stars
On a Flight into Space

"jeffbert" wrote: ;) I think your schoolwork should suffer, at least for a week or so, seeing you were close to your cousin, Angel of the Stars. Grieving is normal, just do not let it rule your life, you should grieve for a while, then gradually, cease. :heart:

Thank you, jeffbert.

I wish my mom thought the way you do!

Angel of the Stars
On a Flight into Space

"Kuo-Yi" wrote:[QUOTE=Angel of the Stars;223575][QUOTE=Kuo-Yi;223573]I'm crying for real right now. :( I know about this news by your email already, but I still want to tell you here how sorry I am. After all, you're one of the nicest people I know both in real life and on the Internet. 98% people at school hate me. Today a teacher accused me for cheating when I didn't do it, then asked me to clean the classrooms. You're a million times nicer than these people and a good friend. Therefore, I'll pray for your cousin. :( And you.

(Edit) I feel so sorry for all of your losses, guys. (Prays) :(

Thank you so much, Kuo-Yi.
You're one of the best friends I've ever met; we could practically be sisters, we're so alike and so close!
I thank you for praying for Darin and praying for me and for others who have lost their loved ones. I hope I never have to lose you before we meet, Kuo-Yi. :) [/QUOTE]

Certainly not, we're staying friends forever! ;) And by the time I go back to Canada, who knows? Maybe I'll be a manga artist already. :lol: [/QUOTE]

And I can't wait!! :D

jeffbert
Minister of Science

"Angel of the Stars" wrote:
"jeffbert" wrote: ;) I think your schoolwork should suffer, at least for a week or so, seeing you were close to your cousin, Angel of the Stars. Grieving is normal, just do not let it rule your life, you should grieve for a while, then gradually, cease. :heart:

Thank you, jeffbert.

Well, I should have said that it should not be thought unusual that your grief affects your school performance, all the more so, because you are a child, & emotion is more influential than reason is, & this usually remains so, until the late 20s. :D

I am not the one to say how long the grieving period should last, but as I understand it, your mom may be concerned that you may be grieving too intensely, & taking too long to recover from it. Maybe you should ask her if she ever lost a close relative when she was young, & how it affected her. :heart:

Angel of the Stars
On a Flight into Space

"jeffbert" wrote:
"Angel of the Stars" wrote:

Thank you, jeffbert.

Well, I should have said that it should not be thought unusual that your grief affects your school performance, all the more so, because you are a child, & emotion is more influential than reason is, & this usually remains so, until the late 20s. :D

I am not the one to say how long the grieving period should last, but as I understand it, your mom may be concerned that you may be grieving too intensely, & taking too long to recover from it. Maybe you should ask her if she ever lost a close relative when she was young, & how it affected her. :heart:

Thank you again, jeffbert. :) You're very kind and supportive; I can't thank you enough! :heart:

jeffbert
Minister of Science

You are very welcome, Angel of the Stars.
So has any adult relative related to you a story of his own grieving over a loved one's demise?

Earthshine

Postby Earthshine » 10 years ago

You're always welcome Angel of the Stars. :3

We're always here if you need to vent or talk about something.

Return to “General Discussion”