My collection of Astro Boy and robot memorabilia

Off topic discussion.
Ruebot
Kokoro Robot

My collection of Astro Boy and robot memorabilia

Postby Ruebot » 10 years ago

I took pix of some of the Astro Boy related items I have and thought I'd share them with others who might be able to appreciate them. I hope you like them:

Sleeping Astro Boy color variation set and Bandai flashing eyes figure

Battery powered heart that lights up

Card that came with flashing eyes figure

1 of 1000 Limited Edition 60th Anniversary Astro Boy G-Shocks

Starlog Robot Photo Guide

Astro Boy Dangler

Astro Boy poster

Asian Arts Museum Tezuka Marvel of Manga Festival pin

Robot Pins between 1" and 2" tall

That's not all the Astro Boy things I have, and I have items related to the other robots in the pins shot, but I was tired of taking pictures. ;)

Windswept Cloak
Banned
Location: Sitting at my desk, surrounded by books and papers.

Postby Windswept Cloak » 10 years ago

Wow! That's very cool. All my collection include is the mangas, a few DVDs and two mini figurines of Atomu dressed in Chinese clothing. (I'm Taiwanese. I speak Chinese / Mandarin. :) )

Hope we can become good friends btw! ;)
I joined this forum in late 2013 when I was 15 going on 16. Ignore my oldest posts, they embarrass me so much that I've considered permanantly leaving the forum more than once. I've grown out of my fangirling phase over Black Jack, Atom and Uran ages ago but the memories still embarrass me at times... :unsure: Though, I try to be more open-minded about it and accept it as an "interesting stage of my life". :tezuka:

Juanita
On a Flight into Space

Postby Juanita » 10 years ago

Wow! There's so much! My collection is literally nothing. :I

Ruebot
Kokoro Robot

Thanks. It probably looks like more because I had several pictures of the watch. I had other G-Shocks and got a good deal on that one in an auction on ebay. That's what started me collecting Astro Boy stuff. I got a T-shirt with him showing the arm cannon to wear when I wore the watch and went from there.

Earthshine

Postby Earthshine » 10 years ago

That's really cool. I really like that gray color variant of sleeping Atom.

My own collection of Astro Boy stuff is pretty limited to DVDs and a cell phone charm along with one doujinshi. But in the future mine might increase. :)

Windswept Cloak
Banned
Location: Sitting at my desk, surrounded by books and papers.

Postby Windswept Cloak » 10 years ago

You're lucky to have a doujinshi! I only have my own hand-drawn mangas. You can't find many Tezuka doujinshis here in Taiwan. Too bad. :)
I joined this forum in late 2013 when I was 15 going on 16. Ignore my oldest posts, they embarrass me so much that I've considered permanantly leaving the forum more than once. I've grown out of my fangirling phase over Black Jack, Atom and Uran ages ago but the memories still embarrass me at times... :unsure: Though, I try to be more open-minded about it and accept it as an "interesting stage of my life". :tezuka:

Earthshine

Postby Earthshine » 10 years ago

I bought mine on Ebay :)

The scans are available in the Astro Boy discussion page under the thread Tora!Tora!Tora!

Ruebot
Kokoro Robot

Here are pix of the rest of my Astro Boy collection:

Flying Astro Boy anti-gravity keychain color variation sets (magnets repel each other to make it look like he's flying)

Astro Boy T-shirt

Astro Boy rocket handle mug

Astro Boy Science Fiction mug

Astro Boy yellow mug

Astro Boy teacups (set of 2)

Astro Boy porcelain rice bowl

I've got other robot stuff of Gort, Robby the Robot, Lost in Space robot, and Maria from Metropolis too, if I ever get around to getting shots of them all.

Return to “General Discussion”