Site Improvement Suggestion...

Off topic discussion.
Earthshine

Postby Earthshine » 10 years ago

I have always liked the idea of a chatbox and there is one provider for forum chatboxes that allow for moderation. As for the bit-coins and money rewards for the forum I'm not so sure how well that would function on a site that's pretty small, and what sort of rewards could we possibly supply to our members other than notoriety?

If we did have a chatbox we would want to have moderation as an option just on the off-chance that some members decide to not abide by the forum rules. Some members unfortunately don't abide by these rules (it doesn't happen often as pointed out) but when it does people's feelings can be hurt. We want everyone to feel safe and respected.

Robin
Rocket Ball Champion

Postby Robin » 10 years ago

Hmph. I see all my idea's are being shot down?

Oh why Oh why do I bother coming up with ideas in the first place?

Juanita
On a Flight into Space

Postby Juanita » 10 years ago

They're not necessarily being shot down, we're just brainstorming how we could make these ideas work on the site.

Earthshine

SoPika is right, they are not being dismissed at all. We're just trying to figure out how they would best work in the forum (if they can even work at all).

Your ideas are very creative and could be fun, we just need to brainstorm and see if they could be a good match, and if it turns out they are not a good match for the site at the moment it doesn't mean that they were bad ideas or that they were just 'shot down'.

Sometimes really good ideas just aren't suitable for the site.
Last edited by Earthshine on Wed Apr 02, 2014 6:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Robin
Rocket Ball Champion

You know, I might have a solution... ME!

I could moderate the chat-box. I have significant chat moderating experience and I have a decent amount a free time on my hands :)

Novacain
Beyond the Stars

Postby Novacain » 10 years ago

I think an IRC chat would be a decent idea, and wouldn't mind helping monitor either. It would bring me back to this site more because for the last while - although I still love Astroboy and everything everyone here contributes - I find myself posting very little because I don't really have much to contribute anymore. Change is good, and if it doesn't work out, you can always revert back to the old.

Robin
Rocket Ball Champion

"Novacain" wrote:I think an IRC chat would be a decent idea, and wouldn't mind helping monitor either. It would bring me back to this site more because for the last while - although I still love Astroboy and everything everyone here contributes - I find myself posting very little because I don't really have much to contribute anymore. Change is good, and if it doesn't work out, you can always revert back to the old.

Agreed HEAVILY!

Earthshine

The idea of a chat is being seriously discussed among moderators at this time, so far we have not yet reached a verdict completely of what to do. There are many, many options available and we're just brainstorming on what can be done, if it's decided that a chat option is a good match for ABO. I thank everyone for their patience and understanding. :)

Robin
Rocket Ball Champion

Ok thanks for the update earthshine! Please keep us posted! I am sure I speak for everyone when I say we have our fingers crossed

Robin
Rocket Ball Champion

Any new updates?

Return to “General Discussion”