What Did You Want To Be When You Grew Up?

Off topic discussion.
Earthshine

What Did You Want To Be When You Grew Up?

Postby Earthshine » 10 years ago

As the title says... Share what you wanted to be when you were growing up, and if you are not fully grown yet... what do you want to be?

Maybe you didn't get your dream job, but is it something better than you thought? Do you still want to be something other than what you are doing now?

Just a fun discussion for all to enjoy. :)

Tetsuwan Penguin
Robot Revolutionary

Postby Tetsuwan Penguin » 10 years ago

I wanted to be an Inventor or a Scientist. Well, as an Engineer I guess I came close. Guess what was one of the things that influenced me ...

As a kid in Jr High School, I was bothered by bullies from time to time and I daydreamed of having a strong friend to protect me. I didn't know that much about computers, but I wondered if it would be possible to make one small enough and powerful enough to be a robot's brain. Yeah I actually thought about building something like :astro: !

I was also influenced by the Super Car TV show. I wanted to build THAT also!
[sigpic][/sigpic]Image

:tenma: I'm on Fanfiction.net as Tetsuwan Penguin. Please check out some of the other stories I've written! ;)
https://www.fanfiction.net/u/4672860/Tetsuwan-Penguin

I can also be found on Deviant Art http://tetsuwanpenguin.deviantart.com/

My home page
http://scharkalvin.weebly.com/about-me.html

Juanita
On a Flight into Space

Postby Juanita » 10 years ago

I wanted to be a vet, but I have up that dream after I found out what vets actually have to do... I currently want to be an animator or do something with technology (specifically computer technology).

Reid958
Rocket Ball Champion

Postby Reid958 » 10 years ago

When I grow up, I dreamed to be an Cartoonist, or a sign language translator, to help deaf people also it's a interesting language. I also want to be animator to. Or a photography

I know a got few things I really want to be, the best of all is a cartoonist, i more trained to the rest. ��

My devanitart http://reid958.deviantart.com

Daiya Mondo
Metro City Citizen

Postby Daiya Mondo » 10 years ago

i wanted to be a lot of things, when i was younger. i specifically remember wanting to be a DJ and a fashion designer before i picked what i really really wanted to do when i was 11. i really want to be a novelist, granted i need to actually write something that isn't fanfiction(and finish) something to be one!
ImageImage!

icon commissioned by birries!

Earthshine

When I was young I wanted to be so many things and most of those were things that my mother did not want me touching (she had very specific ideas on what was appropriate for a girl to do, that and she wanted me to be a specific person).

Some of those things were; an astronaut, a paleontologist, a geologist, a comic artist, animator and an author.

When I started up college my initial major was astronomy but I just could not do the math that would require me to flourish in the field. I could do everything that was expected with better than average results except for that math. 2 + 2 = fish to me.

So before things got too messed up in my college career I decided to pursue another science; sociology focusing on gender studies. It's something that I'm pretty passionate about and has been a lot of fun. The end goal is to teach this stuff.
Last edited by Earthshine on Sat May 17, 2014 6:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sporkia
Rocket Ball Champion

Postby Sporkia » 10 years ago

When I was a very small child I wanted to be a fighter pilot. Then I remembered I was scared of heights and gave up on that dream in favor of playing baseball. But then I remembered I was bad at sports and gave up on that too. :D I kind of stopped thinking about it until I was in about fourth grade and realized that cartooning was a thing.

And then I wanted to be an animator, then a syndicated newspaper cartoonist, and then I just kind of settled for wanting to draw graphic novels. I still want to do that, but until I can get an art career off the ground, I'd like to be a teacher or a librarian or something.
It's a magical day!

Earthshine

So many artists here! That's amazing!

EyeOdyssey

Postby EyeOdyssey » 10 years ago

I've had many different shifts in interests throughout my life, all of which in one way or another were related to art. Throughout most of my childhood I wanted to do stop-motion animation. I was influenced by George Pal's Puppetoons and the Wallace and Gromit shorts. I used to make short animations constantly. Then at some point while watching a film on the making of animation I saw a section that covered storyboards. After that I started to make storyboards based upon books I liked at the time. Little did I know, but the frames had to be big enough for someone to make out what's going on. I checked, most of them were no more than an inch in both length and height. At 13 I briefly wanted to be a comic artist and to work on graphic novels, that didn't really stick though. I do sometimes want to return to working on comics.

The one thing that stuck through most of my life was cartoons, ever since I was able to pick up a pen (or crayon at the time) I worked on cartoons. I'm currently juggling four interests: writing, cartoons, music and animation/film making. All of which do benefit each other in a way.

Looking back, I was far more productive then than I am now. Oh well. Remember kids, don't procrastinate!
For more, have a stop by The EyeOdyssey Lounge.
http://eyeodyssey.tumblr.com/

Shiyonasan
Administrator

Postby Shiyonasan » 10 years ago

At one point, a comedian. At another point, a video game maker. I think I wanted to be some other things at other points in time, but I don't remember what those things were anymore.

To be honest, I still don't know what I want to be. Still trying to figure that out.

Return to “General Discussion”