I'm starting to hate the Sailor Moon forum.

Off topic discussion.
Anime Girl
On a Flight into Space

I'm starting to hate the Sailor Moon forum.

Postby Anime Girl » 10 years ago

Okay, this mod who is on this Sailor Moon Forum, who apparently hasn't shown up much until now, is making the forum less fun. About a year ago, I have no idea how, this one mod had tried to take over the forum, so she and her husband have been permabanned from the forum. I've been on the forum for two years, but I never really cared for the mods, except Rika, who is nice, and awesome. :) But this one mod, Kero no something or other, is on a power high now. We used to have relaxed rules before, but now she's enforcing the rules to the point of obsession! We can't even swear, we had a filter, but now it's disabled, but yet we're not allowed to swear? What the f***!? We have a special NSFW category, but we can't say bad words? Kero has become The Imperial Condescension of the forum, if there's one thing that she disagrees with, or has the possibility of becoming a thread that disagrees with her, she culls the thread! And 3 members were already banned just for disagreeing with her! She even said herself this forum isn't a democracy. And another mod made a special thread to "vent your anger", but then he also said anyone who posts in this thread besides mods and admins would automatically be banned. I'm serious! I'll prove it.

"READ EVERYTHING BELOW BEFORE YOU POST IN THIS THREAD OR YOU MAY REGRET IT; POSTING IS SOMETHING YOU DO OF YOUR OWN FREE WILL

I understand that a small number of members do not like one or more of our administrators. If you don't like an admin, I don't care. No admins will be fired. Furthermore, admins run the forum. Regular members are subject to admin's rules.

To educate everyone on this lesson, here's the way this is going to play out:

Subjecting admins to bullying tactics because you don't like them will not be tolerated. Any disrespect or threats, no matter how idle, will not be tolerated. You want to talk about it offsite, I can't do something about that; you bring it here in any form, and I can, and I will.

The only place I will allow you air your frustrations against an admin is in this thread.

However, this specific thread has a rule.

With the exception of admins and mods, anyone who posts in this thread is going to get banned. You don't get to make a new account; you're out. I don't care whether your comment is praise or love or hate or a single character or even if it's just a smiley face. If you're not staff and you post in this thread, the next time I login you're going to get banned.

I'm then going to cauldron your comment and may edit your comment as I see fit.

This thread will be open for the next day or so, at which point I will move it to the cauldron. Unless you want to be banned, I suggest you not post in this thread.

Please use this thread to get out all your frustrations about our admin staff."

I don't wanna leave Sailor Moon forum, but I'm afraid of what's gonna happen next. We never had this many problems, but now we can't even do anything anymore without getting into fights, or mods making everything awkward/ruining our fun. I'm posting it here because I have forum friends here, and I won't get in trouble. Please help me!
Last edited by Anime Girl on Tue Jun 03, 2014 5:48 am, edited 1 time in total.
You're not a joke, you fit right in!
So shake it off, and give a grin. Don't be afraid to stand your ground! Crazy, noisy BIZARRE Town!

Tetsuwan Penguin
Robot Revolutionary

Postby Tetsuwan Penguin » 10 years ago

Who is this tyrant? He sounds like Stalin.
Last edited by Tetsuwan Penguin on Tue Jun 03, 2014 11:59 am, edited 1 time in total.
[sigpic][/sigpic]Image

:tenma: I'm on Fanfiction.net as Tetsuwan Penguin. Please check out some of the other stories I've written! ;)
https://www.fanfiction.net/u/4672860/Tetsuwan-Penguin

I can also be found on Deviant Art http://tetsuwanpenguin.deviantart.com/

My home page
http://scharkalvin.weebly.com/about-me.html

EyeOdyssey

Postby EyeOdyssey » 10 years ago

Yikes! I've seen this happen on other forums before, it's not fun at all.

I've had a similar experience on a past forum. Someone from another forum gained an admin's trust, and after given full mod privileges they went rogue. They somehow elected themselves as an admin and banned the rest of the admin team. Then the forum was their own little playground. They posted the personal addresses of some of the moderators and sent death threats to me. They also banned people who tried to report them to the forum host.

Things like that make me thankful for the fact that great forums like this one exist.
For more, have a stop by The EyeOdyssey Lounge.
http://eyeodyssey.tumblr.com/

Crazy_Red
Metro City Citizen

Postby Crazy_Red » 10 years ago

There’s little you can do if the mods or admins are very powerful and they can’t get fired. In those kinds of situations, I've seen people create or join new online communities with their friends. It’s also a good idea to stop visiting the forums and return when the situation settles down.

It’s pretty tiresome to be involved in a community that has hostile members. I hope everything goes well for you.

Earthshine

Postby Earthshine » 10 years ago

:eek: This is starting to look like the old Megaman forums and the Saint Seiya forum... :( That is just awful. If the admins and mods are really like that and are behaving like that then it's best to just LEAVE the forum. Once people start leaving and word spreads that this forum is not a safe place to celebrate the interest and love for a common series then the mods MIGHT change their philosophy but I'll be honest here... It's likely that these people won't change and will continue their malicious and hostile "leadership" of the site. I've seen too many fan sites like this to have any real faith that things will change.

The best case scenario is that people will leave and word will spread about their practices and the activity of the forum will just seep to a crawl... then those in charge will either change or the site will just shut down (as case in point with the old Megaman forum which was active from 1999 - 2007).

I really suggest that you leave the site if it's that hostile, you can't have a functioning and fun place to talk about a common interest if you have that sort of practice looming over your shoulders unless you yourself enjoy that kind of atmosphere.

Perhaps you can make your own site?

Return to “General Discussion”