Oh my gawd! Is she serious!?

Off topic discussion.
diehard67
On a Flight into Space

Postby diehard67 » 10 years ago

all trololololololololols like the person who made that page are doing it trying to get a rise out of anime fans.

looks like a classic bully behaviour pattern, they keep trolololololololing as long as people react.

like earthshine said, if we don't feed the trololololololololols then they stop lol

what they said was hurtful but was so ridiculous and absurd that it has to be trololololen.

btw: where did trololololololol come from anyway????????????
my public downloads on my home server
my website also on my home server
facebook pm me here if you add me on facebook please.
twitter

Anime Girl
On a Flight into Space

Postby Anime Girl » 10 years ago

"diehard67" wrote:
btw: where did trololololololol come from anyway????????????

To answer your question, it came from some video in Russia. http://youtube.com/watch?v=w8aXSOr1668 May he rest in peace (according to comments apparently the guy who sang this died recently or something)

EDIT: No way! He was on Family Guy!? Friggen sweet! http://youtube.com/watch?v=XDqwVwLufyk
Last edited by Anime Girl on Sat Jun 07, 2014 9:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
You're not a joke, you fit right in!
So shake it off, and give a grin. Don't be afraid to stand your ground! Crazy, noisy BIZARRE Town!

F-Man
On a Flight into Space

Postby F-Man » 10 years ago

I don't think it's fair to call something a troll when they're not even hiding the fact that they're a parody site. That'd be like saying The Onion is a troll website trying to get a rise out of news enthusiasts, but you can clearly see when reading the contents that it's just comedy.

This is more like something to get anime fans a few laughs (the Astro Boy one was especially great) and let people share the posts so they can also give their friends some laughs. It's all in good fun.
I'm on Twitter.

Novacain
Beyond the Stars

Postby Novacain » 10 years ago

lt.jpg
lt.jpg (19.21 KiB) Viewed 2144 times

May I recommend trolling back.

diehard67
On a Flight into Space

Postby diehard67 » 10 years ago

I would suggest not feeding the trolls, let em starve lol
my public downloads on my home server
my website also on my home server
facebook pm me here if you add me on facebook please.
twitter

F-Man
On a Flight into Space

Postby F-Man » 10 years ago

Again, not trolls.
I'm on Twitter.

Crazy_Red
Metro City Citizen

Postby Crazy_Red » 10 years ago

I think they’re making fun of parents that think media influences bad behaviour rather than anime fans themselves. There are people who think punk rock or video games will make children grow into criminals and this facebook is making fun of that kind of sentiment.

It’s possible that DJ-kun shared this because they thought that the joke was funny. So they thought others would find it funny too. This could be a misunderstanding and they didn't mean to make anyone feel bad. It’s a good idea to ask them when you’re in a good mood to do so.

Juanita
On a Flight into Space

Postby Juanita » 10 years ago

I don't want to sound like the bad guy, but here's my opinion:
They're either A.) a troll and should be ignored like everyone else already said
B.) A paradoy and meant for a laugh like F-Man said
C.) Dead serious and tbh a little bit understandable
Don't get me wrong, this woman obviously takes it way over the top. Does SM promote witchcraft? No, of course not, BUT there are actually quite a few of anime that do (particularly horror anime). So she was mistaken about SM, but I can understand her concern about the topic. I don't quite like it either, but I will watch shows with magic and sometimes witches so long as the bad guys are not being rooted for. I don't know what she found bad about AB, but that's mostly because you never said... If I had to guess it would probably be all the Uran panty shots, but they weren't presented in a "sexy" or perverted manner. I think they were meant to be cute, so I didn't really mind them. Which brings me to the next point. Many of the most popular animes have a lot of panty shots, scanty clothing (particularly on women), and inappropriate humor. I don't like this much either. I can stand it to a certain extent, and even find it funny sometimes (for example I think Parks and Rec is a very funny show, and that has quite a bit of adult humor, though it's presented in a different way). Many shows also contain large amounts of violence, blood and gore, and sexual content which may offend some people. It's sad because these shows are usually the most popular and overshadow anything actually good. I can see where she's coming from, but I still think she's exaggerating it way too much. After all, they do have rating warnings which are expected to be followed.
Last edited by Juanita on Mon Jun 09, 2014 3:10 am, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “General Discussion”