Oh my gawd! Is she serious!?

Off topic discussion.
Anime Girl
On a Flight into Space

Oh my gawd! Is she serious!?

Postby Anime Girl » 9 years ago

WARNING: Rage and triggers ahead. Read at your own risk.

Okay, I found this awful page on Facebook, thanks to DJ-kun. It's called "Concerned Moms Against Anime". It had a lot of derogatory slurs against otakus and maybe even Japan is general. OKAY WTF!? She even said Sailor Moon promotes witchcraft, and I can't even say what she said about Astro Boy!

I dunno if she's trolling or not, although I think she seems serious. If she's trolling, week played unknown mom. If she's serious, her son needs to run away and never ever come back. Hell, I'll even support him by sew him plushies of his favorite anime characters no matter how moe they are! I don't no whether to laugh or hiss at these posts. She's really offensive against otakus. She's all like "How will I ever have grandchildren if my son only talks to a body pillow?" Hold it right there. I'm not gonna lie, I'm an otaku myself. There were people that said I was never gonna find love because I obsessed over anime. They were wrong! I've found my true love, Nick Leone, and he loves me just the way I am, otaku and all (although maybe not a true otaku anymore since otakus technically aren't supposed to be in a relationship, but oh well screw it.) I don't have anything else to say to you, except that I hope you have some way to protect yourself when otakus find out where you live.

This will probably fall on deaf ears, and this lady could possibly be a troll, but I just had to say my thoughts.

Thanks a lot DJ-kun! Now you got me all triggered! Why did you show me this page? Ugh!

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Concerned-moms-against-Anime/139543469545998?ref=stream&fref=nf
You're not a joke, you fit right in!
So shake it off, and give a grin. Don't be afraid to stand your ground! Crazy, noisy BIZARRE Town!

F-Man
On a Flight into Space

Postby F-Man » 9 years ago

Welp, either you don't recognize comedy, or it's me who failed to recognize your attempt at playing along.
I'm on Twitter.

Anime Girl
On a Flight into Space

Troll or not, stuff like this can trigger me sometimes. I read her posts. As funny as they were, I died a little inside each time.
So shake it off, and give a grin. Don't be afraid to stand your ground! Crazy, noisy BIZARRE Town!

Earthshine

Postby Earthshine » 9 years ago

I think she is a troll, and if she is serious she's in such a minority you can just ignore her. There will always be people that go to the extreme of hating X just because, the best form of a defense against those types is to literally ignore them.

Anime Girl
On a Flight into Space

Yeah. But one thing's for sure, DJ-kun is gonna pay for showing me that page and making me angry!!!!! Mwu ha ha ha ha! > :D

Earthshine

:d evil: They better run.

Anime Girl
On a Flight into Space

They who? I was just talking about DJ. Yeah he's gonna be in trouble.

Earthshine

That's who I meant. I was unsure of the pronoun to use so I just went with "they". Sorry for the confusion.

Anime Girl
On a Flight into Space

Oh I see. No offense, but that always annoys me when people use that, mostly because of that confusion. I usually use "he or she" if I'm unsure.

I love DJ and all (no, not in that way), but he can annoy me sometimes. I can never stay mad at him though. But it's definitely payback time.

Earthshine

Some people use "they" in replacement of "he" or "she" when they don't know which pronoun to use because it's gender neutral and there is no misgendering involved which can be really offensive to some people and leave the person in question with hurt feelings. I'd rather be safe than sorry and misgender someone.

Return to “General Discussion”