Confessions thread

Off topic discussion.
Anime Girl
On a Flight into Space

Confessions thread

Postby Anime Girl » 9 years ago

Okay, in this thread, you can confess whatever you'd like here, but please keep it PG-13, and don't judge others. It can be something simple as an embarrassing fear, or a funny fact. I won't judge if you've once snuck change off the kitchen counter.

Um okay, I'll start off. I'm a new Doctor Who fan, but I have this one thing that annoys me. I keep misspronouncing the word "Dalek". I first read it thinking it's said as "dowl-ek" but when I finally heard it on the show, I found its pronounced "doll-ek". My silly American mind totally forgot to take the British accent into account for pronunciation. And what's worse I'd still have a bad habit of saying "dowl-ek" and immediately correct myself afterwords. My boyfriend still laughs about it sometimes. No one's said anything about it other than a giggle, but I'm kinda afraid that one day some other Whovian might yell at me for it. XD "Doll-ek" or "dowl-ek", either way, EXTERMINATE!!!!!!
You're not a joke, you fit right in!
So shake it off, and give a grin. Don't be afraid to stand your ground! Crazy, noisy BIZARRE Town!

Juanita
On a Flight into Space

Postby Juanita » 9 years ago

I didn't ask my parents' permission before going on this site :ninja:

Dante69
Rocket Ball Champion

Postby Dante69 » 9 years ago

Confessions, huh? Alright then. *Warning, maybe cause annoying people to spawn*
Turning this thread a little darker... I'm a Trans-man. Which means I am a guy that was born in the body of a girl. Alright, come at me, Bro!?! Who's gonna hate me? *In defensive mode*
:tenma: :astro: :o cha: LOL

Anime Girl
On a Flight into Space

"Dante69" wrote:Confessions, huh? Alright then. *Warning, maybe cause annoying people to spawn*
Turning this thread a little darker... I'm a Trans-man. Which means I am a guy that was born in the body of a girl. Alright, come at me, Bro!?! Who's gonna hate me? *In defensive mode*

Dude, do you think I would care about something like that? I don't care if you're straight, gay, bi, trans, boy, girl, black, white, yellow, purple with pink polka dots, young, old, Time Lord, or a Dalek. As long as you're nice, you're alright with me. :cool:

I also may or may not be bi. I don't know for sure, and I actually don't care. But I do have a boyfriend currently (who I think could be THE ONE), so I guess it doesn't really matter.
So shake it off, and give a grin. Don't be afraid to stand your ground! Crazy, noisy BIZARRE Town!

diehard67
On a Flight into Space

Postby diehard67 » 9 years ago

I told a friend of mine once,
short, tall, fat, thin, black, white, red, green, blue, or pink with purple polka dots, it doesn't matter what she looked like............. except for curiosity.

I guess I am not the only one that thought of pink with purple polka dots

btw, a persons gender identity (the gender they feel they are) only needs to be known so I know to refer to them as he or she, the physical gender if different will be stored for identifying traits.
my public downloads on my home server
my website also on my home server
facebook pm me here if you add me on facebook please.
twitter

Dante69
Rocket Ball Champion

Postby Dante69 » 9 years ago

Yeah I thought it would be fine. I just know there are a lot of people out there who would not take it so well.
(I don't care if you're straight, gay, bi, trans, boy, girl, black, white, yellow, purple with pink polka dots, young, old, Time Lord, or a Dalek. As long as you're nice, you're alright with me.)
Your really getting into Doctor Who are you? :)
Last edited by Dante69 on Thu Jul 03, 2014 11:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
:tenma: :astro: :o cha: LOL

Anime Girl
On a Flight into Space

"Dante69" wrote:Your really getting into Doctor Who are you? :)

That I am! :D Would you care for a jelly baby?

Angel of the Stars
On a Flight into Space

Postby Angel of the Stars » 9 years ago

I have two confessions:

1.) Like SoPikaMeowMeow, I also didn't get permission to be on here (I don't ever ask them because they'd say no).

2.) When I was way waaayyyyy younger, my dad let me try some of his coffee. So I took a bunch of the coffee into my mouth, hated it, and spit it back in. He still drank the coffee (plus he didn't know I did that)! :lol:

Shiyonasan
Administrator

Postby Shiyonasan » 9 years ago

I dislike bacon. I can tolerate the taste of it, but I generally don't like to eat it. The only way I like it is if it's in a burger.

On the other hand, I like coconut-flavored stuff, like coconut cake. I know a lot of people don't like the taste of coconut, but I love it for some reason.

Oh, and I also dislike coffee and tea, but I love coffee-flavored ice cream.

Tetsuwan Penguin
Robot Revolutionary

Postby Tetsuwan Penguin » 9 years ago

I remember as a kid eating at a local Chinese restaurant with my parents. Although my parents raised us as orthodox-conservative Jews, they would order the pork spare ribs as an appetizer during dinner. That later confused me a bit, but I finally decided that organized religion didn't have the final say and we each have to interpret our beliefs for ourselves. (The word orthodox in NYC didn't carry the meaning of the Ultra-Orthodox as often depicted. We attended an orthodox style temple where men and women sat on opposite sides of the sanctuary. We kept Kosher at home, but we didn't dress in the Ultra-Orthodox style). Today I won't eat pork, ham, or anything 'oink'. (Partly due to it not being Kosher, partly due to how unhealthy it is. Plus I really don't like the taste.)

Anyway, one of the things I remember about eating out 'Chinese' was the tea. They served a huge pot of tea at every table, and kept refiling it for you. But the reason I liked the tea was the amount of sugar I spooned into it. I wonder why my parents never said anything about that. I still like tea, but I put very little sugar into now. Sometimes a little honey.

As for coffee, I'll drink that once in a while. I blame the Cuban's for that. When I worked in Miami, the Cuban employees always took a Cuban Coffee break about 3pm. 'Cuban Coffee' is espresso mixed with a slurry of sugar whipped up with the coffee. It needs the sugar to neutralize the bitterness of the espresso. But the smell of it brewing! Like having a Starbucks inside the computer laboratory!
Last edited by Tetsuwan Penguin on Fri Jul 04, 2014 12:50 am, edited 1 time in total.
[sigpic][/sigpic]Image

:tenma: I'm on Fanfiction.net as Tetsuwan Penguin. Please check out some of the other stories I've written! ;)
https://www.fanfiction.net/u/4672860/Tetsuwan-Penguin

I can also be found on Deviant Art http://tetsuwanpenguin.deviantart.com/

My home page
http://scharkalvin.weebly.com/about-me.html

Return to “General Discussion”