Confessions thread

Off topic discussion.
Anime Girl
On a Flight into Space

Postby Anime Girl » 9 years ago

This is a bit embarrassing. Some of the older members, remember when I used to hate South Park? Heh heh, well... I like it now. I only tell people I trust, or at least I know won't judge me for liking that show. It's just weird. I read my old posts when I hated that show, and I'm like "Ha, boy do I got some bad news for you past me."
You're not a joke, you fit right in!
So shake it off, and give a grin. Don't be afraid to stand your ground! Crazy, noisy BIZARRE Town!

diehard67
On a Flight into Space

Postby diehard67 » 9 years ago

how would past you have reacted to now you telling her you like south park now?????????
my public downloads on my home server
my website also on my home server
facebook pm me here if you add me on facebook please.
twitter

CommanderEVE
Beyond the Stars

Postby CommanderEVE » 9 years ago

"Anime Girl" wrote:This is a bit embarrassing. Some of the older members, remember when I used to hate South Park? Heh heh, well... I like it now. I only tell people I trust.

It is on the internet now, you have just told all those who have a pair of eye balls and have seen your post. :ninja:

Anime Girl
On a Flight into Space

Yeah, but who really knows me in real life here.
So shake it off, and give a grin. Don't be afraid to stand your ground! Crazy, noisy BIZARRE Town!

Reid958
Rocket Ball Champion

Postby Reid958 » 9 years ago

What is South Park????

jeffbert
Minister of Science

Postby jeffbert » 9 years ago

SOUTHPARK is Comedy Central's nasty view of the lives of a bunch of 9 year old boys whose adventures are rather funny. It has been on for many seasons, & uses such limited animation as to make the 1960s Astroboy look like a Disney quality movie. :D

Reid958
Rocket Ball Champion

Postby Reid958 » 9 years ago

Oooooh right, it's a studio. I've heard of it, but I never had mention on South Park.
Wait...what limited animation to make 1960s Astro boy to look like a Disney quality movie?

Anime Girl
On a Flight into Space

"Reid958" wrote:What is South Park????

It's a popular Comedy Central cartoon. It's been around since 1997. It follows the adventures of 4 boys, Stan (brown coat, blue hat), Kyle (orange coat, green square hat), Cartman (fat kid, red coat, sky blue hat), and Kenny (orange parka covering most of his face). The shows notable for swears, in fact the 1999 movie Bigger, Longer, and Uncut broke the record for swears in a movie. The episodes are pretty funny, but it's usually rated MA, although you can find certain TV-14 rated episodes depending on the time of day (also some might be syndicated on other stations?). It has choppy animation since it was originally animated from construction paper cutouts (the rest of the episodes are digitally animated to LOOK like paper cutouts). Maybe you've recognized it if I show you a picture from it.
Attachments
18nz6sfmyw4aapng.png
18nz6sfmyw4aapng.png (386.88 KiB) Viewed 2150 times
Last edited by Anime Girl on Tue Jan 13, 2015 5:29 am, edited 1 time in total.

CommanderEVE
Beyond the Stars

Postby CommanderEVE » 9 years ago

"Reid958" wrote:Oooooh right, it's a studio. I've heard of it, but I never had mention on South Park.
Wait...what limited animation to make 1960s Astro boy to look like a Disney quality movie?

Never heard of South Park? :confused:

If you watch the show you will observe that the characters are made up out of pieces of cut out coloured card and then animated using stop motion techniques. The animation is limited in the sense of how the characters move, they do not walk along, they shift along in a rigid manner.

jeffbert
Minister of Science

Postby jeffbert » 9 years ago

Southpark is likely based upon the methods used by the American Python guy [cannot recall his name], though still more crude in its obvious lack of fluidity. :lol:

Return to “General Discussion”