What is your favourite horror movie?

Off topic discussion.
Earthshine

Postby Earthshine » 9 years ago

I really like supernatural horror films as such The Conjuring is very high on my list. I don't like gore or slasher films as I find them rather tasteless. :)

I really liked the Aliens films though, I guess they count as horror sci-fi.

I also like psychological horror films such as the classic Whatever Happened to Baby Jane and Shutter Island.

GemTenma
Metro City Citizen

Postby GemTenma » 9 years ago

Horror Anime didn't do it for me. Can't pin point what it was I didn't like. Maybe I will give it another look sometime
Astro my love, soon I can hold you in my arms again :heart: :heart: :astro:

AprilSeven
Silent Song

Postby AprilSeven » 9 years ago

I'm not able to watch horror films . . . they "stay" with me and creep me out too much, but I got to see the original Alien movie "by accident" (my girlfriend said it was supposed to be a comedy). This was back in the 70's before trailers on YouTube - and it was opening night for the movie.

I want to tell you . . . when that monster burst out of the guy's stomach I let out a yelp! :o hmy: So did a lot of other people!

I also saw the original exorcist and to this day I feel creeped out! :cry:
Image Sig artwork by Alittleacorn!

GemTenma
Metro City Citizen

Postby GemTenma » 9 years ago

"AprilSeven" wrote:I'm not able to watch horror films . . . they "stay" with me and creep me out too much, but I got to see the original Alien movie "by accident" (my girlfriend said it was supposed to be a comedy). This was back in the 70's before trailers on YouTube - and it was opening night for the movie.

I want to tell you . . . when that monster burst out of the guy's stomach I let out a yelp! :o hmy: So did a lot of other people!

I also saw the original exorcist and to this day I feel creeped out! :cry:

I know how you feel April. The only movie that had that kind of effect on me was Hostel - what kind of planet is this? O_o
Astro my love, soon I can hold you in my arms again :heart: :heart: :astro:

jmb2891
Rocket Ball Champion

Postby jmb2891 » 9 years ago

I really like the Saw movies, with the exception of the 3rd & 7th ones. I also like the slasher flicks, and sci-fi horror, like Pandorum, and especially Alien & Aliens. My stepbrother and I used to watch the bad horror movies on Fear Net just to laugh at how awful they are. Good times. Supernatural-type thrillers don't do much for me though, but I really liked Sinister and The Shining.
"Expose yourself to your deepest fear; after that, fear has no power, and the fear of freedom shrinks and vanishes. You are free."
-Jim Morrison

"Keep away from people who try to belittle your ambitions. Small people always do that, but the really great ones make you feel that you, too, can become great."
-Mark Twain

Please check out:
My YouTube Channel
My Ultimate-Guitar Profile

Tetsuwan Penguin
Robot Revolutionary

Postby Tetsuwan Penguin » 9 years ago

American werewolf in London actually was a dark comedy. Parts were so gross, like the dead guy who kept appearing looking more and more decayed, turning green with his eyeballs hanging out of his head, that it was actually funny!
[sigpic][/sigpic]Image

:tenma: I'm on Fanfiction.net as Tetsuwan Penguin. Please check out some of the other stories I've written! ;)
https://www.fanfiction.net/u/4672860/Tetsuwan-Penguin

I can also be found on Deviant Art http://tetsuwanpenguin.deviantart.com/

My home page
http://scharkalvin.weebly.com/about-me.html

cybotron
Robot Revolutionary

Postby cybotron » 8 years ago

my absolute fave is "Black Sunday!" Mario Bava. But these are the most disturbing I have ever seen.
"The Thing" John Carpenter... I had to walk out to the lobby. after Vietnam duty too.
"The Texas Chainsaw Masscre!" Tobe Hooper... I had to walk out to the lobby! I could not stand that noise!
the most horrific? "the Mutations" aka " the Freakmaker" possibly the most terrifying g film ever made! What ever you do, do not watch it! you have been warned!

:lol: :lol: :w00t: :unsure: :sick:
[sigpic]http://www.astroboy-online.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=200&dateline=1323970671[/sigpic]Safe :ninja:

Earthshine

Postby Earthshine » 8 years ago

I admit, I watch John Carpenter's The Thing about once every two months, there's just something about the concept that chills me (in a good way).

cybotron
Robot Revolutionary

Postby cybotron » 8 years ago

"Earthshine" wrote:I admit, I watch John Carpenter's The Thing about once every two months, there's just something about the concept that chills me (in a good way).

Oh yes. I tend to side with the Alien though. :lol:
[sigpic]http://www.astroboy-online.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=200&dateline=1323970671[/sigpic]Safe :ninja:

jeffbert
Minister of Science

Postby jeffbert » 8 years ago

I am sorry, but I laughed my ass off when the THING ate that doctor's arms off. :D It just seemed so over the top ridiculous! There is a movie about an executed guy who becomes electricity when they fry him. In it, he for lack of a better description, possesses a nice comfy arm chair. So the victim sits in it, & two eyes pop out near the top of the back of the chair, & its arms grab the guy. I nearly fell off my chair laughing. :lol: How could they expect people to find that horrifying?

While I think the remake of the BLOB was intended to be somewhat funny, when the blob ate the kid who was trying to bargain with God, promising he would "be a good boy" if God saved him, it really freaked me out. It ruined the funny parts completely. :ninja:

There is just no way viewers would not laugh when the guy on lovers' lane, had succeeded in knocking out his girlfriend with drugged drinks, and was unbuttoning her blouse, & you just knew the blob had already eaten most of her, & was going to leap out at the guy. :D :lol: :d evil:
Last edited by jeffbert on Thu Feb 11, 2016 2:14 am, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “General Discussion”