Attention

Off topic discussion.
Windswept Cloak
Banned
Location: Sitting at my desk, surrounded by books and papers.

(Thread now closed)

Postby Windswept Cloak » 9 years ago

I will be returning to the forum very soon with a new account. Perhaps some of you shall be able to recognize a certain "new user" to be me within the next few days? :)

I'm afraid that I've long lost my liking for the Astro Boy series in general, due to "old associations with not so pleasant stuff", however irrational this may sound, though I still like the character Uran - and of the course rest of Tezuka's masterpieces.

I guess I can appreciate my past "fangirl" self as an interesting stage of my life now. I was so different back then, but going through that phase was important because things I did at that time (unknowingly) shaped myself little by little into who I am now. For instance, while writing those detective stories, I stumbled upon a website on writing called Springhole.net and rather accidentally I learned about Sues, the difference between Fan Fiction Style writing and Novel-Style Writing, and later on, I read on Wikipedia and other sites about why yaoi just isn't very realistic. After learning new things about storywriting from the Internet, I started re-reading the non-manga books about people and life I liked when I was younger, and I just suddenly started seeing some things in a new light.
Last edited by Windswept Cloak on Tue Nov 11, 2014 2:16 am, edited 14 times in total.
I joined this forum in late 2013 when I was 15 going on 16. Ignore my oldest posts, they embarrass me so much that I've considered permanantly leaving the forum more than once. I've grown out of my fangirling phase over Black Jack, Atom and Uran ages ago but the memories still embarrass me at times... :unsure: Though, I try to be more open-minded about it and accept it as an "interesting stage of my life". :tezuka:

MrsEclipse
Rocket Ball Champion

Postby MrsEclipse » 9 years ago

I'm so glad to hear it. I was sad to see you go. Looks like you've learned a lot about yourself in a very short time.
Baby, don't let it slip, it's a once in a lifetime ship and it's never gonna come again...

Novacain
Beyond the Stars

Postby Novacain » 9 years ago

"Kuo-Yi" wrote:I will be returning to the forum very soon with a new account. Perhaps some of you shall be able to recognize a certain "new user" to be me within the next few days? :)

Are you having a mod change your username, or creating a brand new account? Because I'm pretty certain having a sockpuppet account is against the rules here...

Windswept Cloak
Banned

I guess I did. It wasn't that difficulrt actually. I sort of view the time when I was 15 as a funny stage of my childhood in which I was learning about the world in real life and acting like a silly teenager on the Internet, but the silly teenager part gradually died out and I then turned into what seemed like a different person. It's kind of like the real, more sensible me disappeared when I was 13 and resurfaced when I was almost 16 after my silliness perished. I don't know how else to explain it, it's quite odd.
Last edited by Windswept Cloak on Mon Nov 10, 2014 4:12 am, edited 1 time in total.
I joined this forum in late 2013 when I was 15 going on 16. Ignore my oldest posts, they embarrass me so much that I've considered permanantly leaving the forum more than once. I've grown out of my fangirling phase over Black Jack, Atom and Uran ages ago but the memories still embarrass me at times... :unsure: Though, I try to be more open-minded about it and accept it as an "interesting stage of my life". :tezuka:

Windswept Cloak
Banned

"Novacain" wrote:[QUOTE=Kuo-Yi;229928]I will be returning to the forum very soon with a new account. Perhaps some of you shall be able to recognize a certain "new user" to be me within the next few days? :)

Are you having a mod change your username, or creating a brand new account? Because I'm pretty certain having a sockpuppet account is against the rules here...[/QUOTE]

I've changed the username on this account before already, my first ever suername, I believe, was "Yuuki Kawashiro", the name of my old Mary Sue OC. I don't think I'm allowed to change it for the second time, besides, this account was registered with an email address I want to forget about. I really don't intend on merging my old account into my new one, I don't want my new posts to be mixed up with all those silly old ones. I hope you understand. :tezuka:

Tetsuwan Penguin
Robot Revolutionary

Postby Tetsuwan Penguin » 9 years ago

I'm sure that a moderator can help you out if you ask nicely enough.
[sigpic][/sigpic]Image

:tenma: I'm on Fanfiction.net as Tetsuwan Penguin. Please check out some of the other stories I've written! ;)
https://www.fanfiction.net/u/4672860/Tetsuwan-Penguin

I can also be found on Deviant Art http://tetsuwanpenguin.deviantart.com/

My home page
http://scharkalvin.weebly.com/about-me.html

Earthshine

Postby Earthshine » 9 years ago

Multiple accounts are not allowed, read the rules.

As it stands we are already discussing this issue, Kuo-Yi and we will get back in touch with you on what we decide is the best course of action (whether we will allow you to open an new account or if we will allow you one and only ONE more name change).
Last edited by Earthshine on Mon Nov 10, 2014 3:49 am, edited 4 times in total.

Windswept Cloak
Banned

Actually, the reason why I'd like to change my account isn't merely because of a name change. It's mainly because I want to "chop a line" between my old posts, and my new posts after two months of leaving the forum. I don't really want to see my new account get merged into my old one; and as a result when looking at my old posts I will be seeing my new account name / pen name. I really, really do not want that. So if it's just going to be a name change I'm afraid I won't intend on returning to the forum. Sorry. The new name I intend on choosing will probably be my future publishing pen name, you see, and although I don't mind my "silly" old posts anymore, I don't want to see my publishing pen name next to things like "Uran-chan is so kawaii!''.
Last edited by Windswept Cloak on Mon Nov 10, 2014 4:10 am, edited 1 time in total.

Shiyonasan
Administrator

Postby Shiyonasan » 9 years ago

Even if you do create a new account, it won't disassociate you with your old account. We'll still know that it's you under your new account.

Windswept Cloak
Banned

I don't mind that. I'm not trying to create a new identity, I just don't want to see my new username next to my old posts. That's the main reason.

Sorry for being a bit of a stubborn mule.
Last edited by Windswept Cloak on Mon Nov 10, 2014 6:04 am, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “General Discussion”