Untitled Thread

Off topic discussion.
Windswept Cloak
Banned
Location: Sitting at my desk, surrounded by books and papers.

Untitled Thread

Postby Windswept Cloak » 9 years ago

I honestly don't know what in the world's the matter with me at times. I've been acting very stubborn these two days, coming to think of it. I know I've been asking for name changings and thread deletions for ages, and the moderators have educated me about the rules for what seems like a million times already, but sometimes I still forget myself and start rambling on about some silly request, like with that ridiculous Attention thread.

What on earth is wrong with me?! Am I stupid or am I simply arrogant? Has learning more about real life for the past few months made me self-righteous and annoying instead? From what I am seeing, a lot of people on the forum seem to be annoyed by my recent posts and I have a feeling this thread will be blocked too, but I can't help writing it.

I think I've became self-righteous and ignorant...or am I merely thinking too much? What should I do?!
I joined this forum in late 2013 when I was 15 going on 16. Ignore my oldest posts, they embarrass me so much that I've considered permanantly leaving the forum more than once. I've grown out of my fangirling phase over Black Jack, Atom and Uran ages ago but the memories still embarrass me at times... :unsure: Though, I try to be more open-minded about it and accept it as an "interesting stage of my life". :tezuka:

Novacain
Beyond the Stars

Postby Novacain » 9 years ago

stop.jpg
stop.jpg (43.33 KiB) Viewed 2476 times

Windswept Cloak
Banned

Well, alright then. I don't want to end up banned. I'll ask someone in real life whether they think I'm getting arrogant instead.
I joined this forum in late 2013 when I was 15 going on 16. Ignore my oldest posts, they embarrass me so much that I've considered permanantly leaving the forum more than once. I've grown out of my fangirling phase over Black Jack, Atom and Uran ages ago but the memories still embarrass me at times... :unsure: Though, I try to be more open-minded about it and accept it as an "interesting stage of my life". :tezuka:

Fauna
Beyond the Stars

Postby Fauna » 9 years ago

You need to remember the rules. Read them and learn them. We're not asking you to operate heart surgery on the prime minister of Ireland, we're asking you to post reasonably and contribute value to the forum.
ImageImageImageImage
Dr. Tenma lover and aficionado since 2006!
Now featuring the Sad Old Dad Squad (The S.O.D.S.)

Windswept Cloak
Banned

I know. I am re-reading them right now on another Internet panel. And this thread isn't me requesting anything, in case some people are mistunderstanding. I was just trying to ask people whether they think I've turned into a self-righteous twerp or not.

Earthshine

Postby Earthshine » 9 years ago

The main issues that we have been having with you all stem from you coming off as if you are purposefully ignoring the rules even after having been educated about such rules which you have broken over and over again.

You are a very valued member of ABO and we enjoy seeing you contributions, however when you go against our wishes, rules and regulations constantly it becomes an annoyance to us moderators and those in the forum who see it happen on a routine basis.

I'm not sure if you are arrogant or if you are truly forgetting the rules constantly. Are you forgetting that we don't allow double posting? Are you honestly forgetting that we told you that you were not allowed a name change? Do you forget other things in real life easily?

If you are honestly forgetful then that's something you need to deal with privately with meditation, vitamins or professional help. Or maybe you are just exhausted constantly.

If you know the rules when you are making these requests or decisions then that is a form a arrogance, yes. That is called disregarding the rules.

The good thing about this is, is that all through this conversation you may be getting some internal insight as to who you are and your own behaviors that you might not consciously be aware of. This means you can take steps to be an even better person and member of ABO. :)

It's great that you are reading the rules, I hope that this time you remember them and follow them to the best of your ability. We don't enjoy banning people and try to find every last option before banning is considered.

Windswept Cloak
Banned

Got it.

I've asked a few friends at school about the matter and they mostly said that I am "too forgetful for my own good", and I don't believe I was purposely trying to go against the rules. So I guess what I'll do now is re-read the rules over and over again until they're stuck in my head, and from now on when on the forum I'll constantly remind myself not to go around asking for second accounts, thread deletions or such anymore. too bad second-time name changes aren't allowed, though; I fill uncomfortable using my real full name online nowadays especially if it is an account name. My mother specifically said I'm not allowed to put my full Chinese name online, but it's my account name here. But if it's strictly against the rules to change it, I'll try not to complain and...get over it. And think up how to explain it to my mother if she finds it out without being dishonest.

I sincerely hope that my friends at school are speaking the truth and that I am stupidly forgetful rather than arrogant.
Last edited by Windswept Cloak on Tue Nov 11, 2014 6:11 am, edited 1 time in total.

Earthshine

We are still discussing if we will change your name so we have not said "no" yet.

If you are that forgetful what I would suggest is playing some memory games, taking some vitamins and get some rest if you can. This just might help you and your memory.

Windswept Cloak
Banned

That's a good idea. My teacher suggested that too, actually.

Earthshine

Yeah I know that school can be brutal in your country so stress can really take a hard swing at you. It's important to try to get restful sleep, eat well, stay hydrated and take vitamins. If you think your memory is really bad then maybe even talking to a doctor might help.

Various meditation exercises might help as well and the memory games will also definitely help.

Return to “General Discussion”