character cars

Off topic discussion.
Tetsuwan Penguin
Robot Revolutionary

character cars

Postby Tetsuwan Penguin » 9 years ago

I think this was mentioned once before, but there have been a few autos named after Atom and his siblings. Anyone ever own a Chevy Astro van? If so did you put an Astro Boy sticker on it? Chevy also makes a compact car called Cobalt, if you'd rather drive his older brothers namesake. Then there is the Ford Titanium version of their Fusion, named for Atoms baby brother, Chi-tan (which means titanium in Japanese). No car named Uranium though!
[sigpic][/sigpic]Image

:tenma: I'm on Fanfiction.net as Tetsuwan Penguin. Please check out some of the other stories I've written! ;)
https://www.fanfiction.net/u/4672860/Tetsuwan-Penguin

I can also be found on Deviant Art http://tetsuwanpenguin.deviantart.com/

My home page
http://scharkalvin.weebly.com/about-me.html

Earthshine

Postby Earthshine » 9 years ago

:blush: I'm embarrassed to say I have not learned to drive yet since our public transportation is so good (and I walk everywhere).

But these cars sound pretty neat... do we have some pictures of these vehicles?

click for spoilerI'm also partial to Toyota

Shiyonasan
Administrator

Postby Shiyonasan » 9 years ago

My parents have owned a Chevy Astro van since 1995. They bought it brand new. It's basically the family car. Nice vehicle to ride in, though not very stylish.

I don't think my parents would want an Astro Boy sticker on it. :lol:

"Earthshine" wrote:But these cars sound pretty neat... do we have some pictures of these vehicles?

Here's the 1995 model of the Chevy Astro:

CIMG2571.jpg
CIMG2571.jpg (37.32 KiB) Viewed 933 times

This is the 2010 model of the Chevy Cobalt:

18284_2010_Chevrolet_Cobalt.jpg
18284_2010_Chevrolet_Cobalt.jpg (46.1 KiB) Viewed 927 times

And this is the 2014 model of the Ford Fusion Titanium:

11299776_2.jpg
11299776_2.jpg (63.04 KiB) Viewed 935 times

Novacain
Beyond the Stars

Postby Novacain » 9 years ago

"Tetsuwan Penguin" wrote:If so did you put an Astro Boy sticker on it?

I don't own an Astro but I've had an Astro decal on my car for a few years now. I was sure it would have come off by now, but it's still there. (Well, most of it anyways).

decal.jpg
decal.jpg (90.17 KiB) Viewed 927 times

"Shiyonasan" wrote:My parents have owned a Chevy Astro van since 1995. They bought it brand new. It's basically the family car. Nice vehicle to ride in, though not very stylish.

Not very syylish, but extremely resiliant vehicles. The company I work for still has a few of these on their fleet.

Shiyonasan
Administrator

Postby Shiyonasan » 9 years ago

"Novacain" wrote:[QUOTE=Shiyonasan;230063]My parents have owned a Chevy Astro van since 1995. They bought it brand new. It's basically the family car. Nice vehicle to ride in, though not very stylish.

Not very syylish, but extremely resiliant vehicles. The company I work for still has a few of these on their fleet.[/QUOTE]

That's what I was reading online. According to Wikipedia:

Despite these safety ratings, in 2007 the IIHS reported that in real life situations, the 2001-2004 Chevrolet Astro recorded during calendar years 2002-2005 the least number of killed drivers of all passenger vehicles in the United States, as calculated per every million units on the road. Driver's habits and vehicle usage might have influenced this result.

Not sure of the validity behind that since the link to the citation on that claim no longer works, but I can imagine that the older models at least have resiliency to them.

Hey...resiliency...that reminds me of a certain heroic robot boy. :astro:

Return to “General Discussion”