Harry Potter

Off topic discussion.
Daiya Mondo
Metro City Citizen

daiya shut up about your harry potter pairings/crushes

Postby Daiya Mondo » 9 years ago

"Windswept Cloak" wrote:
I really recommend the seventh book. To me, it's the best out of the seven.

i'd have to get my books out of storage (read: the garage)! but i'll probably be reading the series in order this time, even if i have already read book one and three, but that's no big deal. i'll be sure to read book seven though!

"Windswept Cloak" wrote:In that case, I am assuming that Harry Potter is your favorite character? A lot of girls online seem to have crushes on Harry and Draco Malfoy or Sirius Black or even Professor Snape, I've discovered lately, and I've seen loads of weird pairings, be it male / male or teacher / student (such as Snape / Hermione).

as a kid, i really liked harry and had a crush on him, yeah. but now that i'm older, it's more so the actor that plays him that i have a crush on. my favorite character is luna lovegood! harry/luna is my otp, not counting ron/hermione. i do have a crush on oliver wood of all people though :blush: a little one on cedric diggory but hahahaha. i'm pretty (fictional) boy crazy, it's kind of :rolleyes:

AND YEAH! i've seen tons of harry, draco, fred/george and the occasional cedric fangirl back when i was writing embarrassing things on quizilla. i didn't see snape until i was on youtube watching amvs/participating in shipping wars in the comments, haha.

if you think snape/hermione is weird, i'm not sure how you would handle harry/mcgonagall or hermione/sorting hat (and ginny/sorting hat later on in that same story). :lol: granted, they were both joke fanfictions but just the fact that someone wrote it and it exists... :lol:

"Windswept Cloak" wrote:As for pairings, I'm mostly only interested in Canon pairings (though I still wished that Harry Potter ended up with Luna Lovegood at times.) and the only male / male pairing in the whole series that I think would make sense is Gellert / Albus. After all, it's Canon, but above everything else it's a rather interesting and unexpected story.

that's fine, enjoying canon and stuff! i kind of wish that i could do the same instead of having so many (weird) ships! :lol: i never expect my ships to become canon, except for the ones i really love (ron/hermione, naruhina from naruto are the only ones that come to mind, it so rarely happens for me). harry/luna was just really sweet in my mind, but i never really expected it to happen sadly.

"Windswept Cloak" wrote:PS: I agree about Ginny - since she grew up in a magical family and is a Quidditch fan, she's bound to know who Viktor Krum is, especially since her brother Ron probably keeps talking about him all the time back at home.

ron had a bit of a man crush (jokes jokes) on krum in my honest opinion, at least until the tri-wizard tournament and he was making moves on hermione. :lol:

oh gosh i rambled WAY too much about stupid shipping, i'm so sorry. :blush:
ImageImage!

icon commissioned by birries!

Windswept Cloak
Banned
Location: Sitting at my desk, surrounded by books and papers.

Postby Windswept Cloak » 9 years ago

I don't have crushes on boys anymore, fictional or real-life. Romance is just not my cup of tea anymore. :tezuka:
"Daiya Mondo" wrote:my favorite character is luna lovegood!

Luna Lovegood? I like her too. The favorite female Harry Potter character of most readers is Hermione Granger, but I can't help but like Luna a little better. She's very open-minded.
Last edited by Windswept Cloak on Sat Nov 15, 2014 3:19 am, edited 6 times in total.
I joined this forum in late 2013 when I was 15 going on 16. Ignore my oldest posts, they embarrass me so much that I've considered permanantly leaving the forum more than once. I've grown out of my fangirling phase over Black Jack, Atom and Uran ages ago but the memories still embarrass me at times... :unsure: Though, I try to be more open-minded about it and accept it as an "interesting stage of my life". :tezuka:

Daiya Mondo
Metro City Citizen

luna was just so cool to me when i had first seen her. she was eccentric and very sweet, just like you said. she was different and i could relate to her a lot when i was younger, though i was a lot more pretentious than her :eyeroll:. i loved the actress that portrayed her, i actually heard somewhere that rowling had written luna to be more like her later on!

harry/luna honestly made more sense to me? even if they didn't spend as much time together as ginny and harry but :eyeroll:. they had both "seen" death, but luna just goes at her own pace even if people don't understand her (not that she really seems to care), and harry was nice to her and seemed to want to know more about her. their moment together in the movies were very sweet, again i didn't read the books so i can't say anything about that!

hermione is really nice too, yeah she could be a stick in the mud at times but someone needs to be the voice of reason in that trio. she's strong too; both in mind and in magic if its okay to say that. i regret disliking her as a kid for dumb reasons (i thought since she was the main female character she was going to be with harry and ughhhh. i got jealous) and writing her as this nasty, nasty person in my "stories" back then. i'm glad i grew out of that phase.
ImageImage!

Windswept Cloak
Banned

Phases can be odd things. Look at me for instance.
I joined this forum in late 2013 when I was 15 going on 16. Ignore my oldest posts, they embarrass me so much that I've considered permanantly leaving the forum more than once. I've grown out of my fangirling phase over Black Jack, Atom and Uran ages ago but the memories still embarrass me at times... :unsure: Though, I try to be more open-minded about it and accept it as an "interesting stage of my life". :tezuka:

Fauna
Beyond the Stars

Postby Fauna » 9 years ago

"Windswept Cloak" wrote:I don't have crushes on boys anymore, fictional or real-life. Romance is just not my cup of tea anymore. :tezuka:

It's okay; you've said this multiple times in the thread, with different working each time. It's okay. We all go through weird and embarrassing phases as we grow up. You are not an exception and you don't need to apologize for it this much; this phase you talk about so much was barely visible to us. And like, we change as humans. I was a lot like you with those phases as a kid, and now look at me. I am 21 years old and in love with this man:

ImageImageImageImage
Dr. Tenma lover and aficionado since 2006!
Now featuring the Sad Old Dad Squad (The S.O.D.S.)

Windswept Cloak
Banned

Who's he?

I guess I'm just still embarrassed at times. :lol: My apologies.

Fauna
Beyond the Stars

Postby Fauna » 9 years ago

"Windswept Cloak" wrote:Who's he?

I guess I'm just still embarrassed at times. :lol: My apologies.

One of the reoccurring villains in Spirou & Fantasio. He's a would-be megalomaniac who created a temporary freeze-ray, and keeps pulling more and more extravagant stunts just to get his old colleague jealous. Think of Dr. Tenma, but as more of a goofball tryhard. Also Jewish-Belgian.

While I'm posting in here, I ought to share one of my Harry Potter memories! I was really into the early part of the series, since I was rather young and the franchise was brand new at the time. I still remember all the religious backlash over whether or not Harry Potter encouraged "satanic black magic", or whatever Fox News claimed to see in the books that week.

Around the time of the fourth book's release, a major bookstore in town had a huge event the morning of the release day. People were encouraged to come in character costumes, but I only had a striped shirt and a little white plush owl that easily passed for Hedwig. In the kid's section of the store, a lady in a witch costume with a giant container with a narrow opening - full of pinback badges - would call you up to sit with her, have you answer three questions, and you could pull out a badge and see what Hogwarts house you were going into.

I was seven or eight, and really awkward and stuttery, but when it came time to pull out a badge, my only thought was, "I'll take Hufflepuff. I'll be satisfied." But, I pulled out Gryffindor, and flipped out. I was just about bouncing all over the store with the badge and owl. Harry Potter was a massive thing at my school at the time, and I think I wore that on my bag for a month. It's still in my room somewhere.
ImageImageImageImage

Dr. Tenma lover and aficionado since 2006!

Now featuring the Sad Old Dad Squad (The S.O.D.S.)

Daiya Mondo
Metro City Citizen

even if i don't really participate in the fandom (nor have i read most of the books, as i have made very clear by now [so sorry for annoying everyone!]), i really do like reading fanfiction for it!

so i thought that it'd be fun to link some of my favorite fics of the series! i'll try to add some variety, as i know not everyone is into shipping like i am!

Draco Malfoy and the Trials of Single Parenthood by Estora
summary: Draco Malfoy: ex-Death Eater, former bigot, divorcee. Astoria left him for Krum, his children worship the Weasleys who clash with the décor, something's rotten at Hogwarts, and he doesn't really know what he's doing. But maybe he's getting the hang of it. Rated M.

admittedly, it's been awhile since i've read this story but i really did enjoy reading it! i don't remember any sexual situations (beyond innuendos and passing mentions of it) or violence, but the M rating most likely comes from the cursing and more mature situations (bigotry, mentions of death etc.) maybe tread carefully with this one, but i really did enjoy it! it fleshed out draco as a character and this is how i hope that the "next generation" is like. :)

other works by Estora are pretty great, even though all i really read were her twilight works and her "journals and ice cream" series.

The Care and Feeding of Magical Sheep by Anna Nigma
summary: Or twenty things you probably didn't know about Seamus Finnigan. Rated T.

admittedly, this is pretty short and kind of a downer. but it's an attempt at fleshing out a side character that i really like (not like that) for some reason.

Potentiality by Anna Nigma
summary: Molly Prewett could have been anything. She has no regrets. No pairings. Rated for the quote at the beginning. Rated T.

short and sweet, once again shedding some light and fleshing things out on molly. who is an awesome mom and character. :cool:
ImageImage!

Return to “General Discussion”