The Legend of Zelda

Off topic discussion.
Umbral-Coltwings
Rocket Ball Champion

Postby Umbral-Coltwings » 9 years ago

Classic Gamecube version? It was for the 64 originally, unless you're talking about the Gamecube remake. ;)
I've heard they're changing a boss, and they'll add fishing! (If they change a boss, I hope it's Gyorg, though I've never gotten there)
And on another subject, my favorite boss is Goht. That battle was just cool. :D
:hyo: whoops

Angel of the Stars
On a Flight into Space

Postby Angel of the Stars » 9 years ago

"Umbral-Coltwings" wrote:Classic Gamecube version? It was for the 64 originally, unless you're talking about the Gamecube remake. ;)
I've heard they're changing a boss, and they'll add fishing! (If they change a boss, I hope it's Gyorg, though I've never gotten there)
And on another subject, my favorite boss is Goht. That battle was just cool. :D

Oops, how'd classic get into my sentence..? XD

The fishing part I like, and the new boss! ^u^
But they're also going to make too easy for some people, like with the 3DS remake of OoT. I don't like how they added the Gossip Stone to give away how to do something.

Umbral-Coltwings
Rocket Ball Champion

I think I've read that they aren't going to add that, otherwise, I'll ignore it (Except for the Great Bay, I can't even comprehend how to get through it :confused: )

fafner
Cosmic Ranger

Postby fafner » 9 years ago

I know the time mechanic scares a lot of people away from that game, but I personally never had a problem with it. In fact, there's a song you get on your ocarina in that game early on that slows down the passage of time so the three days don't pass as fast (it slows the passage of time down by half if I remember correctly).

It slows down the time 3 times. Originally, each game hour passes in 1 real minute, which makes the total time 24*3 real minutes, that is 1 hour and 12 minutes (minus dialogs/inventory/pause where you don't actually play). That's quite short for most dungeons if you really want to take your time. You would have to cut reaching the dungeon from actually doing it, or you would risk lacking time toward the end. With the inverted song of time, you go to a total of 24*3*3 real minutes, that is 3 hours and 36 minutes. Now you begin to have some time on your hand. I was actually able to finish once the first 2 dungeons in a single pass, but I really went into a race, especially toward the end of the second dungeon :p I read a walkthrough claiming you can do the whole game in a single pass (except the introduction, which is impossible to finish without reaching the end of the 3rd day). I didn't try it though, so I can't be sure the times are accurate. Of course, you have to put aside most of what isn't essential.

*ahem* With that out of the way, I agree making Skyward Sword's Link being right handed was weird, but at least I was able to play better, seeing as I'm right handed~ :lol:

I am left-handed, when it comes to the wii, and I wasn't really bothered by Link's right-handedness (except at the beginning). I sometimes even forget the sword isn't in the same hand as the wiimote, in practice it doesn't make any difference (hopefully).

I can't really be sure which of the Zeldas is my favorite. When it comes to the game itself, I hesitate between Ocarina of Time and Majora's Mask. However, Twilight Princess is my favorite for the combat system (with Skyward Sword a close second). In twilight Princess, the combat system allows for very technical moves, and this is what makes the last battle against Ganondorf one of my favorite boss of all the series: this battle can turn into a very high-standard sword dueling thanks to the skills taught by the skeleton.

"Umbral-Coltwings" wrote:Except for the Great Bay, I can't even comprehend how to get through it :confused:

click for spoilerYou have to look for the birds ;)
Last edited by fafner on Wed Nov 19, 2014 5:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The real sign that someone has become a fanatic is that he completely loses his sense of humor about some important facet of his life. When humor goes, it means he's lost his perspective.

Wedge Antilles
Star Wars - Exile

Umbral-Coltwings
Rocket Ball Champion

I'll look out for them! :) I can never get around those pipes. Unreachable water jets everywhere. Is there any things that for other people were really hard, but slightly insignificant? It's the Goron Race for me, except the Gilded sword was worth it. :p That was extremely hard, especially with a crappy gamecube controller. All those obstacles....yeesh. It's like a big match in a field of gunpowder.

Shiyonasan
Administrator

Postby Shiyonasan » 9 years ago

"fafner" wrote:I read a walkthrough claiming you can do the whole game in a single pass (except the introduction, which is impossible to finish without reaching the end of the 3rd day). I didn't try it though, so I can't be sure the times are accurate. Of course, you have to put aside most of what isn't essential.

I could only see that being possible through a speedrun with glitches. There is no way someone could beat the game in a single three-day round, even with the Inverted Song of Time having been played. One dungeon, maybe. The whole game? No way.

*ahem* With that out of the way, I agree making Skyward Sword's Link being right handed was weird, but at least I was able to play better, seeing as I'm right handed~ :lol:

I am left-handed, when it comes to the wii, and I wasn't really bothered by Link's right-handedness (except at the beginning). I sometimes even forget the sword isn't in the same hand as the wiimote, in practice it doesn't make any difference (hopefully).

Even as a righty, it was a little difficult getting used to how Skyward Sword handled the motion controls (no pun intended). Once I got used to it though, it was enjoyable.

I think it makes sense that Link is right-handed in that game, but Nintendo should've put in a left-handed option for lefties. It would make things fair for all players.

Only played through Skyward Sword once. Perhaps I should play through it again sometime.

Juanita
On a Flight into Space

Postby Juanita » 9 years ago

The moon looks angrier in the new version :p
My favorite boss was Koloktos from Skyward Sword. I love everything about the boss, especially the music. I also really liked the battle with that skeleton dragon in Twilight Princess (I never actually played most of TP. I just watched my friend play). I also love the music from the Molgera battle in Wind Waker.

Shiyonasan
Administrator

Postby Shiyonasan » 9 years ago

"SOPikaMeowMeow" wrote:My favorite boss was Koloktos from Skyward Sword.

Oh man, that boss. I had a heck of a time trying to figure out how to beat that guy. Once you figure it out it isn't as bad, but it took me several tries to beat him. :d oh:

I also really liked the battle with that skeleton dragon in Twilight Princess (I never actually played most of TP. I just watched my friend play).

Stallord. Yeah, that was a fun boss. It's a shame that spinner doesn't get much use after that boss in Twilight Princess though.

I love everything about the boss, especially the music. I also love the music from the Molgera battle in Wind Waker.

Now here's one thing I love about the Zelda series: the music. I can't think of a single Zelda song that I don't like. Each game has a phenomenal soundtrack.

I don't know if any of you have heard of Zelda Reorchestrated, but give them a listen if you love the music from the Zelda series and like orchestrated music.

Umbral-Coltwings
Rocket Ball Champion

I agree, the soundtrack is amazing. The way they do everything... I don't know how they do it, but it always goes with what you're doing, like say the enemy themes in Ocarina, Majora's Mask and so forth. (while excluding a few)
It gives some enemies a creepier element, like the ReDead and Dead Hand. The music for them is different, but it works well. When I was younger, taking on the ReDead was easy, even with the music on. Now I can't take the moans at all. The Dead Hand is okay; you just have to depict it as a fat chicken that has a weird head. :p I've never played the Wind Waker, so I don't know much about the kind of ReDead on that, except that they're creepier. ^^"

MrsEclipse
Rocket Ball Champion

Postby MrsEclipse » 9 years ago

Majora's Mask is definitely one of my favorites, but the top title will always be "A Link to the Past." The world just felt so full and dynamic, and it had a rich story without spending what feels like hours on dialogue backstory like some of the later games. "Link's Awakening" is a close second, I really like how it's sort of a personal journey for Link, and the Mario crossovers are awesome (Like, that's not Christine!). Plus the weird humor of it all. "If you want to save the game, press all four buttons at the same time... What does that mean? Hey, don't ask me, I'm just a kid!" "I'm Pahpal. I'll be lost in the mountains later, so keep a lookout for me, y'hear?"

I also really dig Spirit Tracks, I was surprised when I beat it and then went online to see other people's reactions, only to find out it was one of the least-liked Zelda games. As for newer games, A Link Between Worlds is fantastic. It blew my mind several times over.

Has anyone played Hyrule Warriors? My boyfriend and brother both like it, but I didn't like the play style of Dynasty Warriors so I doubt I'll like this any better.
Baby, don't let it slip, it's a once in a lifetime ship and it's never gonna come again...

Return to “General Discussion”