The Legend of Zelda

Off topic discussion.
Juanita
On a Flight into Space

Postby Juanita » 9 years ago

I don't really count Hyrule Warriors as a Zelda game. It's simple a Dynasty Warriors game featuring Zelda characters. The storie re-uses parts of pre-existing Zelda stories, but I do have to admit it looks like a lot of fun!

Earthshine

Postby Earthshine » 9 years ago

Link finally getting into Mario Kart seems to be a pretty huge thing right now too.

Umbral-Coltwings
Rocket Ball Champion

Postby Umbral-Coltwings » 9 years ago

Link should have his own racing game, where everyone rides horses. :lol:

And a secret unlockable character, Dampe the Gravekeeper!
dampe.png

And a special feature! If he dies, he turns into a ghost, flying around at high speeds and passing through things! The ultimate racer!

(I called him Dante.:hyo :)
:hyo: whoops

MrsEclipse
Rocket Ball Champion

Postby MrsEclipse » 9 years ago

"Umbral-Coltwings" wrote:(I called him Dante.:hyo :)

I call him Stampy and I have no idea why.
Baby, don't let it slip, it's a once in a lifetime ship and it's never gonna come again...

Umbral-Coltwings
Rocket Ball Champion

I don't like his maze much, especially with that 'ReDead surprise' I got once. Once the moaning started, I froze. :d oh:

Shiyonasan
Administrator

Postby Shiyonasan » 9 years ago

Yeah, I'm not too big of a fan of Dampe's maze either. Got stuck on that for a while the first time I played Ocarina of Time.

It was also a pain in Majora's Mask to get him to move around to dig up those mounds of dirt. He moves so slow. :d oh:

Also, yes, Link being in Mario Kart is pretty interesting. I don't own Mario Kart 8, but I've seen gameplay with him and the Hyrule Castle track. I like how they turned the coins into rupees and changed the sound effects into Zelda sound effects. It's a nice little touch they added to that track.

Umbral-Coltwings
Rocket Ball Champion

He moves even slower when you use the Inverted Song of Time. You can see the FRAMES happening.
I haven't seen the gameplay yet, but it sounds really awesome!

fafner
Cosmic Ranger

Postby fafner » 9 years ago

Not sure if you did that, but in Majora's Mask you have to focus on Dampé, otherwise he is barely manageable. When focused on, I find he moves decently. Even after compIeting Sakon's hideout (that is in the final stage of the game) I can lead him through the dirt patches, get the prize, and have enough time to close everything before going back in time (or going forward depending of the status of the quests).
The real sign that someone has become a fanatic is that he completely loses his sense of humor about some important facet of his life. When humor goes, it means he's lost his perspective.

Wedge Antilles
Star Wars - Exile

Shiyonasan
Administrator

Postby Shiyonasan » 9 years ago

Did you guys see the gameplay of the Zelda for Wii U during The Game Awards? Here's a couple videos of that if you missed it:

"Real horses don't run into trees very often."

[url=https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=amno3GrIrZU&feature=youtu.be]ZELDA Wii U GAMEPLAY (High Quality!) - Game Awards 2014 World Premiere[/url]
[url=https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HF9xDrQ9gKQ&feature=youtu.be]Zelda Wii U Gameplay - Enhanced Quality (Game Awards Footage)[/url]

I'm really interested in seeing how the open world turns out. I remember thinking that Twilight Princess' Hyrule Field was big, but the size of this looks absolutely massive. Also, that sunset scene at the beginning of the video is awesome. It reminded some people of this, and I can see where they're coming from:

B4LdIz6IgAAd7Mv.jpg
B4LdIz6IgAAd7Mv.jpg (44.28 KiB) Viewed 2743 times

Dante69
Rocket Ball Champion

Postby Dante69 » 9 years ago

Lol! The dubbing in that video sounds funny.
:tenma: :astro: :o cha: LOL

Return to “General Discussion”