The Legend of Zelda

Off topic discussion.
Earthshine

The Legend of Zelda

Postby Earthshine » 9 years ago

I looked, and looked, and searched for a thread that I was certain we had that was just for talking about The Legend of Zelda but apparently I was mistaken as I could not find it :confused:

So in lieu of finding it here is a thread just for discussing and geeking out over The Legend of Zelda.
Last edited by Earthshine on Tue Nov 18, 2014 7:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: I don't know how to type

Angel of the Stars
On a Flight into Space

Postby Angel of the Stars » 9 years ago

Yeeaahh, LoZ geek thread!! XD

Just to get it out, I LOVE TWILIGHT PRINCESS!!! XD It is THE BEST LoZ game in existence!

Shiyonasan
Administrator

Postby Shiyonasan » 9 years ago

I just knew that someone was going to make a thread about this after several people brought it up in the "N64 games" thread. :lol:

I've beaten every main console Zelda game that's been released so far and one of the handheld Zelda games (Phantom Hourglass). The only one I wasn't a fan of was Adventure of Link due to its difficulty. Can't wait to see more of Zelda on the Wii U, especially with it's Skyrim-style free-roaming gameplay.

"Angel of the Stars" wrote:Just to get it out, I LOVE TWILIGHT PRINCESS!!! XD It is THE BEST LoZ game in existence!

Twilight Princess is a great game. I've beaten it on both the Gamecube and Wii. I prefer the Gamecube version since Skyward Sword handled the motion controls a little better and I like idea of Link being left-handed in that game a little more. The Wii version isn't bad though.

However, Majora's Mask is the best of the best in The Legend of Zelda series in my opinion. ;)

Earthshine

Postby Earthshine » 9 years ago

I like idea of Link being left-handed in that game a little more

Lefties all the way. I was really upset that the Wii versions flipped the games so that Link was right-handed :rolleyes:

As for games I've played, the first one that I remember playing was Adventure of Link but I was really young and that game is tough, it's seriously hard even now for me. The first one that I was able to beat was A Link to the Past and even that one was difficult for me, it took the entire summer of 1994 for me to beat that thing. :lol:

As I said in the N64 Games thread Ocarina of Time was the first game that I could truly understand and truly enjoyed and it holds a special place in my heart above all the other games. Though I do miss those forelocks from A Link to the Past.

Twilight Princess was lots of fun and I appreciated the darker theme to it and just how funky some of the designs were. I like things like that so while others might not have enjoyed the creepy guardians, I liked them. I wasn't too sure about the wolf theme or where it came from... but it worked for the game.

I'm not sure which game is "the best" or if even there should be a "best", and I can't offer a complete rundown of them all as I have not played the most recent games nor the handheld games either.
Last edited by Earthshine on Wed Nov 19, 2014 12:51 am, edited 1 time in total.

Juanita
On a Flight into Space

Postby Juanita » 9 years ago

I don't have a distinct game I'd call the best, but Wind Waker is definitely one of my favorites. Also, I still need to get A Link Between The Worlds. My friend got me a poster for it for my birthday so now I have a poster for a game I haven't even played yet :p

I've always wanted to play Majora's Mask, and I CANT WAIT for it the remake!!!

Shiyonasan
Administrator

"SOPikaMeowMeow" wrote:I've always wanted to play Majora's Mask, and I CANT WAIT for it the remake!!!

You should definitely try it sometime.

I know the time mechanic scares a lot of people away from that game, but I personally never had a problem with it. In fact, there's a song you get on your ocarina in that game early on that slows down the passage of time so the three days don't pass as fast (it slows the passage of time down by half if I remember correctly).

Majora's Mask 3D coming out in the spring will definitely be a good excuse to play the game. I'd get the game myself, but I don't own a 3DS at the moment. :(

Umbral-Coltwings
Rocket Ball Champion

Postby Umbral-Coltwings » 9 years ago

"Shiyonasan" wrote:Majora's Mask 3D coming out in the spring will definitely be a good excuse to play the game.

I looked this up and seriously almost screamed. :w00t: I love that game so much and have been longing to play it after the wii got destroyed. (I had to say that but don't ask about it)
And about the song that slows down the passage of time, it's like a reverse Song of Time, like this: v A > v A >
I forget what it's called, though. ^^" Maybe it would go ( R L X R L X ) in the 3DS version.
Oh geez, I'm so happy. Thank you for telling us, Shiyonasan! :)

I looked up the images just now, and the moon is creepier...
themoon.jpg
Last edited by Umbral-Coltwings on Wed Nov 19, 2014 6:39 am, edited 1 time in total.
:hyo: whoops

Shiyonasan
Administrator

"Umbral-Coltwings" wrote:[QUOTE=Shiyonasan;230425]Majora's Mask 3D coming out in the spring will definitely be a good excuse to play the game.

I looked this up and seriously almost screamed. :w00t: I love that game so much and have been longing to play it after the wii got destroyed. (I had to say that but don't ask about it)
And about the song that slows down the passage of time, it's like a reverse Song of Time, like this: v A > v A >
I forget what it's called, though. ^^" Maybe it would go ( R L X R L X ) in the 3DS version.
Oh geez, I'm so happy. Thank you for telling us, Shiyonasan! :) [/QUOTE]

:lol: Glad I could make your day! I don't know if you've heard of the Nintendo Directs, but I found out about Majora's Mask 3D through one of those.

Also, I looked up the song that slows down the passage of time; it's called the "Inverted Song of Time". You're right about the notes that have to be played.

Umbral-Coltwings
Rocket Ball Champion

Postby Umbral-Coltwings » 9 years ago

[QUOTE] :lol: Glad I could make your day! I don't know if you've heard of the Nintendo Directs, but I found out about Majora's Mask 3D through one of those.[QUOTE]
Thank you, and now I've got to see Nintendo Directs, then! :)
I used the Inverted Song of Time a lot, and that's why I remembered.
Last edited by Umbral-Coltwings on Wed Nov 19, 2014 6:51 am, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: Quote didn't work
:hyo: whoops

Angel of the Stars
On a Flight into Space

Postby Angel of the Stars » 9 years ago

Yes, I can't wait for the 3DS version of Majora's Mask! XD
Although I've played the classic Gamecube version and watched my brother play it billions of times too, so I'm kind of angry that they're doing a whole remake instead of just boosting it to high-quality and leaving it at that. They're making it too easy; it's supposed to be a hard, fun, challenge that is supposed to take you a llooooooong time to complete!

*ahem* With that out of the way, I agree making Skyward Sword's Link being right handed was weird, but at least I was able to play better, seeing as I'm right handed~ :lol:

Return to “General Discussion”