The Legend of Zelda

Off topic discussion.
Shiyonasan
Administrator

Postby Shiyonasan » 7 years ago

"Umbral-Coltwings" wrote:I know!!! The graphics and the new gameplay mechanics are AMAZING! You can use a shield as a snowboard! Among other things. It's worth the wait!

Definitely! I also saw today that the map is supposed to be 9 times bigger than Skyrim's (which is VERY large if you don't know). The amount of exploration you'll be able to do will be amazing!

CommanderEVE
Beyond the Stars

Postby CommanderEVE » 7 years ago

I am not a fan of Zelda games, but the trailer is amazing, it reminds me of Miyazaki's work.

Chrispy
Kokoro Robot

Postby Chrispy » 7 years ago

I watched the trailer and was really impressed by how the combat looks. It looks a lot less game-ish than previous Zelda games. It just seems so much more HNGGGGG than the others.
Okey Okey Okey Okey Okey Okey PK FIYER Okey :cool:

fafner
Cosmic Ranger

Postby fafner » 7 years ago

"Shiyonasan" wrote:Definitely! I also saw today that the map is supposed to be 9 times bigger than Skyrim's (which is VERY large if you don't know). The amount of exploration you'll be able to do will be amazing!

Nine... times... :eek: And I thougt that Skyrim was a time eater :rolleyes:

Do they happen to sell a time compressor with the game, so we actually have a chance to visit at least a little part of the game within our lifetime? :p
The real sign that someone has become a fanatic is that he completely loses his sense of humor about some important facet of his life. When humor goes, it means he's lost his perspective.

Wedge Antilles
Star Wars - Exile

Umbral-Coltwings
Rocket Ball Champion

Postby Umbral-Coltwings » 7 years ago

"Shiyonasan" wrote:Definitely! I also saw today that the map is supposed to be 9 times bigger than Skyrim's (which is VERY large if you don't know). The amount of exploration you'll be able to do will be amazing!

Yeah, I have Skyrim. And man, it's huge! How are we going to be able to explore all that!? Can the horses go super fast? Perhaps we can teleport with the Shiekah Slate...

...or maybe there's shortcuts.
:hyo: whoops

fafner
Cosmic Ranger

Postby fafner » 7 years ago

Most Zeldas have a teleport system. Some are good, some are bad or useless. I hope the one they are planning to use will be good. I hope it will be a checkpoint system such as the one that was used in Majora's Mask, or better the one used in Twilight Princess (basically same one, just more dense). A good one would be the possibility to have beacons in the inventory that could be dropped and used as teleport points. Not easy and prone to possible bugs, but it would be a good idea if done right.
The real sign that someone has become a fanatic is that he completely loses his sense of humor about some important facet of his life. When humor goes, it means he's lost his perspective.

Wedge Antilles

Star Wars - Exile

CommanderEVE
Beyond the Stars

Postby CommanderEVE » 7 years ago

It is not as big as the Minecraft worlds on PC. ^_^;

fafner
Cosmic Ranger

Re: The Legend of Zelda

Postby fafner » 6 years ago

BUMP :-P

Now that I could lay my hands on a Nintendo Switch that worked more than 2 days, I could run around in that endless world. It didn't take too long before I crossed the path of a guardian. So for anyone who would wonder, here is THE way to take a picture of a guardian in 2 steps.

Step 1:
click for spoilerYou shoot a picture.
Note the targetting laser, it doesn't come from MY camera ;-)

Step 2:
click for spoilerThe guardian shoots YOU! :devil:
... and you die :ninja:

So my conclusion is that guardians are shy to cameras :rolleyes:

Wedge Antilles

Star Wars - Exile

fafner
Cosmic Ranger

Re: The Legend of Zelda

Postby fafner » 6 years ago

I'm not a fan of selfies, and especially not of dangerous selfies. Nevertheless, I found funny to do one in Breath of the Wild.
click for spoilerImage

Needless to say that the following pictures are roughly the same as the ones of step 2 above. Guardians don't like cameras. Or maybe they don't like me. Or maybe they don't like anything that moves. Basically when I see one and I am not in a suicidal mood I just keep my distances :-P

Wedge Antilles

Star Wars - Exile

Return to “General Discussion”