Young Black Jack anime

Off topic discussion.
Shiyonasan
Administrator

Postby Shiyonasan » 8 years ago

"Earthshine" wrote:Unfortunately the video has been taken down because of a copyright claim. I really wanted to take a look at the animation quality.

Weird, because that video was posted in an Anime News Network article if I remember correctly. :confused:

Here's the video from the official TBS YouTube channel:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tKoRIBQNg0o

Fauna
Beyond the Stars

Postby Fauna » 8 years ago

I'm pretty excited to see how this anime goes! I wonder if there'll be a lot of Star System characters appearing throughout it. (Also, Lamp has got no business looking that fine.)
ImageImageImageImage
Dr. Tenma lover and aficionado since 2006!
Now featuring the Sad Old Dad Squad (The S.O.D.S.)

Earthshine

Postby Earthshine » 8 years ago

Thanks for the new link.

I'm not sure how I feel about the art style or the animation; from the clip(s) it is impossible to tell the quality.

As for all the characters they plan on bringing in I am also really excited! I wonder if they plan on bringing in Kei at any point (but considering the datedness of their particular story I understand why keeping them out would be wise).

Shiyonasan
Administrator

Good news, everyone! Crunchyroll announced today that they will stream all 12 episodes of Young Black Jack weekly on their site. The first episode will be streamed at 10 PM Pacific Time on Friday, October 2 (which will be 1 AM Eastern Time on Saturday, October 3).

Can't wait to watch this series!

Sources: Crunchyroll, Anime News Network

Crunchyroll to Stream "Young Black Jack" Anime for Fall 2015 Season

New anime announcements are in the house today as Osamu “God of Manga” Tezuka’s famed outlaw surgeon gets the prequel treatment in Young Black Jack, which is set to begin streaming soon on Crunchyroll. Young Black Jack is set to premier on Crunchyroll every Friday starting October 2 at 10:00pm Pacific Time. For more information, visit http://www.crunchyroll.com/young-black-jack.

[...]

Young Black Jack will be available to Crunchyroll members in the following territories: USA, Canada, United Kingdom, Ireland, Australia, New Zealand, South Africa, Finland, Norway, Sweden, Denmark, the Netherlands, Central and South America, the Middle East, and North Africa.

The link in the quote doesn't seem to be working right now, but I'm sure it'll be available once Friday comes around.

Earthshine

This is great news! I'll try to remember to watch it!

Shiyonasan
Administrator

...and the news just keeps rolling in! American-based company, Sentai Filmworks, announced today that they have licensed Young Black Jack. They plan to release YBJ digitally first, with a home video release following after that.

Sources: Sentai Filmworks, Anime News Network

HOUSTON, OCTOBER 1, 2015 – Sentai Filmworks is proud to announce its latest acquisition, Young Black Jack, as part of the Fall 2015 anime season lineup. Based on the manga written by Yoshiaki Tabata and illustrated by Yūgo Ōkuma, this anime focuses on Osamu Tezuka’s beloved character, Black Jack, in his years as a medical student. Young Black Jack will explore the formative years of one of manga’s most mysterious and iconic characters as he strives to become a master surgeon!

The series will be directed by Atsuko Kase, while Ryosuke Takahashi and Yoshiaki Tabata will handle series composition and scripting respectively. Daisuke Ikeda is composing the music, and renowned studio Tezuka Productions (Astro Boy, the Fantastic Adventures of Unico, the New Adventures of Kimba the White Lion) is animating the series.

Young Black Jack is scheduled for an October 2015 broadcast in Japan and will soon be available domestically through select digital outlets with a home video release to follow.

Shiyonasan
Administrator

Crunchyroll's Young Black Jack page is now available. However, in order to watch the simulcast tonight, you need a premium account. Every episode will become available to free users a week from their release. So, for instance, while premium users can watch the first episode tonight, free users won't be able to watch the first episode until next Friday, October 9.

I'm not able to get a premium account, so I'll have to wait until next week to begin watching this series. For those of you that do have a premium account though, I hope you enjoy the debut of Young Black Jack tonight!

http://www.crunchyroll.com/young-black-jack

Uran-chama
Rocket Ball Champion

Postby Uran-chama » 8 years ago

I just finished watching the first ep and I thought it was pretty good. I wasn't digging the art style at first but was already used to it by the end. I think this could be a good series.

It was also kinda neat that during the credits they had cards that would show a picture of the original character from Tezuka's Star System and then the Young Black Jack versions of them. For instance, Sapphire! You could see her briefly in the first ep.

There's also apparently going to be a humanized Hyotantsugi

Earthshine

The art style in the little promo video was really off-putting to me as well, I hope I can look past it. The art style to me looked like the typical "yaoi" art style of which I am not a fan of. I'm not sure when I'll be able to watch it, but I am definitely looking forward to it whenever I can.

Tetsuwan Penguin
Robot Revolutionary

Postby Tetsuwan Penguin » 8 years ago

Well you can watch the brief 'preview' Looks like Lamp is in there too.

Also they offer a 14 day free trial subscription.
[sigpic][/sigpic]Image

:tenma: I'm on Fanfiction.net as Tetsuwan Penguin. Please check out some of the other stories I've written! ;)
https://www.fanfiction.net/u/4672860/Tetsuwan-Penguin

I can also be found on Deviant Art http://tetsuwanpenguin.deviantart.com/

My home page
http://scharkalvin.weebly.com/about-me.html

Return to “General Discussion”