am I "weird and gross?"

Off topic discussion.
Reid958
Rocket Ball Champion

Postby Reid958 » 9 years ago

Well at least it's in your mind XD

Also I'm very sorry Dragonrider that happened to you, I also saw the exact message, the one you saw on tumbr. To be honest I found it rude. :(
But you know you are only being who you are. Don't worry I'm already an adult and most people actually think I'm weird and act abit at younger age, but I don't really care what people think of mean things about me, for I know it's their problem. But it's just the way it is and I know that's life. Sure I find at my school teenage are just crazy as. -_- But I totally agree with tetuwana penguin and Novacian.

I mean image you don't have any sense of humor or..being strange.
That won't be much fun do you? No emotion or...I dunno,...just a thought I guess. Anyway...and yeah. ^.^
Last edited by Reid958 on Sun May 24, 2015 6:26 am, edited 1 time in total.
[sigpic][/sigpic] "COOKIE TIME!!!!!"

Dragonrider1227
Robot Revolutionary

Postby Dragonrider1227 » 9 years ago

"Reid958" wrote:Well at least it's in your mind XD

Also I'm very sorry Dragonrider that happened to you, I also saw the exact message, the one you saw on tumbr. To be honest I found it rude. :(
But you know you are only being who you are. Don't worry I'm already an adult and most people actually think I'm weird and act abit at younger age, but I don't really care what people think of mean things about me, for I know it's their problem. But it's just the way it is and I know that's life. Sure I find at my school teenage are just crazy as. -_- But I totally agree with tetuwana penguin and Novacian.

That won't be much fun do you? No emotion or...I dunno,...just a thought I guess. Anyway...and yeah. ^.^

Thank You *hugs* I like your blog there :)
Last edited by Dragonrider1227 on Sun May 24, 2015 7:33 am, edited 1 time in total.

Reid958
Rocket Ball Champion

Postby Reid958 » 9 years ago

"Dragonrider1227" wrote:[QUOTE=Reid958;233470]Well at least it's in your mind XD

Thank You *hugs* I like your blog there :) [/QUOTE]

Aw why thank you, :blush: I don't really do much effect there. I just post things that just seems interesting. XD ...and course Astro boy posts. :p
Btw your very welcome. I'm glad to put a little advice. ^.^
[sigpic][/sigpic] "COOKIE TIME!!!!!"

FelicityRedbarrow
Metro City Citizen

Postby FelicityRedbarrow » 9 years ago

I think I understand where you're coming from, Dragonrider. Everyone will tell you that you shouldn't let what people say get you down, and if you can manage to do this, that's great.

The fact is that it's extremely difficult to disregard negative comments about you. I know I have trouble with it. I need constant praise to believe I'm any good, but one bad comment from a complete stranger can make me feel like absolute garbage for days, weeks, even months. I hope it doesn't take you this long to get past it.

For the record, though I haven't really seen a whole lot from you, I haven't seen anything creepy, either. And creepy is relative.

Anyway, I hope you've been at least a little reassured and feel better soon.

Dragonrider1227
Robot Revolutionary

It IS hard. I have I think over 300 followers on Tumblr so clearly a lot of people don't mind what I am, but one person calls me weird, and gross, and creepy for whatever reason I feel ready to shut down the entire blog. I think because it gets me wondering; "Well, if THAT person thinks this, what does everyone else think?" and I start believing I should just leave before I find out.
It's also the humiliation. She only said this stuff because I saw she liked Astro Boy too so I followed her and she got creeped out by it for some reason. If she didn't want me following her that's fine but that fact she couldn't just take this up with me privately and had to make a scene about it on her blog for everyone to see really embarrassed me >_>

thanks for understanding :)
Last edited by Dragonrider1227 on Sun May 24, 2015 7:04 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Earthshine

Postby Earthshine » 9 years ago

I wouldn't worry too much about what people remark on tumblr about you as a lot of people there tend to blow things way out of proportion to what they actually are. Accusations and incidents get inflamed, people jump to conclusions, you say one thing that is a misinformed statement and suddenly you're the worst person to have ever walked on the planet.

That and I've noticed a lot of drama and general hate going on in the Astro Boy fandom on Tumblr as well, even my Ask Atom blog got hit last month (though I didn't even respond to it or publicize the offending comments).

The best thing to do is to just ignore such commentary, usually the offensive person will back down if there isn't a fight; a dog can't play tug-of-war alone. If people agree with what they say then that's that, there's not much you can do about it but chances are those who are of better dispositions will make up their own minds and will ignore people like that trying to bring you down.

I don't think you're creepy or gross, weird yes but the best people in the world are weird.

Dragonrider1227
Robot Revolutionary

Thanks :) Yeah, I got no problem with being weird XD It's the "gross" part and the part of being accused of pedophilia that really bothered me. Rumors can do dangerous things. Someone on Tumblr known as "XKit Guy" known for making programs to modify Tumblr with was accused of assaulting a girl. I don't know if he actually did or not but despite there being no proof, the accusation spread like wildfire and he got so much hate that he was practically forced to leave. God knows what happened to him then.
This also isn't the first time I've been accused of such things simply because of my choice in cartoons and how I express myself. So it really strikes a cord in me emotionally.

There's drama and hate going around the Astro Boy fandom on Tumblr? Can't say I'm shocked. Tumblr can bring drama to anything. Look up the Steven Universe and My Little Pony fandoms some time. HOO BOY! Although perhaps we should be honored. It means the Astro Boy fandom must be growing XD

Sorry your ask blog got hate. Who would send Atom hate? D:

Earthshine

Postby Earthshine » 9 years ago

Sorry your ask blog got hate. Who would send Atom hate? D:

I'm pretty sure it was a troll in retrospect, someone just trying to be cute. But there is an off chance that they were serious but *blows raspberry* oh well.

There's drama and hate going around the Astro Boy fandom on Tumblr? Can't say I'm shocked. Tumblr can bring drama to anything. Look up the Steven Universe and My Little Pony fandoms some time. HOO BOY! Although perhaps we should be honored. It means the Astro Boy fandom must be growing XD

Fortunately the drama that I have been witness to has NOT been that voracious, and to be honest 90% of the drama has been circling around maybe 7 people. It'll pass though. I've been staying as far away from it as possible. Normally the situation wouldn't even be fandom drama but the fact that the Astro Boy fandom is so small a couple people can bear a pretty large weight.

Dragonrider1227
Robot Revolutionary

Makes sense. But then, our small size is all the more reason we should avoid it. We're a small group. We need to stick together ;)

Novacain
Beyond the Stars

Postby Novacain » 9 years ago

"Dragonrider1227" wrote:Makes sense. But then, our small size is all the more reason we should avoid it. We're a small group. We need to stick together ;)

:lol:

I'd like to think that too.

Return to “General Discussion”