Video Game Music

Off topic discussion.
Shiyonasan
Administrator

Postby Shiyonasan » 8 years ago

I like Final Fantasy games, but it's not my favorite RPG series. There's another one I really like, but I won't say the name of it because I'll most likely post a song from that game in this thread eventually.

I've heard nothing but good about Chrono Trigger though. It's makes me all the more excited to try it one day. :D

Also, that song is pretty great, Presper!

maxresdefault.jpg
maxresdefault.jpg (43.17 KiB) Viewed 3599 times

Katamari Mambo - Katamari Damacy (2004)

I've watched through a few Let's Plays of this game. It's quite a bizarre series, which involves rolling up a bunch of stuff into balls to reform stars in the sky. You'll have to experience it to get what I mean.

The first game in this series has some great and quirky music, but be warned: these songs might get stuck in your head, especially the game's theme song. The song that I posted in particular plays on a few levels in the game. It's a fun, upbeat song with Japanese vocals.

fafner
Cosmic Ranger

Postby fafner » 8 years ago

A music from Sonic 2 this time: Oil Ocean.

Sonic is wetting his shoes with oil :p
The real sign that someone has become a fanatic is that he completely loses his sense of humor about some important facet of his life. When humor goes, it means he's lost his perspective.

Wedge Antilles
Star Wars - Exile

Shiyonasan
Administrator

Definitely a classic there, Fafner. Sonic the Hedgehog 2 is my favorite 2D Sonic game. Lots of good songs in that soundtrack.

6086-2-1348062254.jpg
6086-2-1348062254.jpg (33.86 KiB) Viewed 3593 times

Frostfall - The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim (2011)

Hands down, Skyrim has one of the best soundtracks ever composed for a video game. You'd almost expect a soundtrack like Skyrim's to be in an epic movie such as Lord of the Rings. I highly recommend it to any VGM enthusiast.

"Frostfall" captures that chilly feeling pretty well in its composition. As you can imagine, it plays in snowy areas of the game.

Presper
Kokoro Robot

Postby Presper » 8 years ago

Great music guys. Also welcome back Fafner, I'm glad you're sharing more music with us. :D

I've always liked the Oil Ocean Zone, when I first played Sonic 2 I actually thought it would catch on fire, becoming the Fire Ocean Zone.

The Skyrim soundtrack is really well done, it does a great job capturing people's curiosity and encouraging them to explore.

Morrowind OST The Road most Traveled

I remember walking on the road most traveled, hearing this wonderful song, the screeching of those annoying cliff racers. How magical it all was.

I like this song because of how inviting it sounded. It captured my curiosity, and like I said before, encouraged me to explore.

Fans are also making a remake of Morrowind in Skyrim's engine called Skywind, they do a good job re-imagining the music in Morrowind's soundtrack, especially The Road Most Traveled.

Skywind - ‘The Road Most Traveled’ Trailer

fafner
Cosmic Ranger

Postby fafner » 8 years ago

Have I been away? :unsure: Ah yes, for more than 7 months, but I was still lurking in the shadows :p

Crusader of Centy, some kind of mix between the SNES versions of Zelda and Super Mario: Hot Daisy.
The real sign that someone has become a fanatic is that he completely loses his sense of humor about some important facet of his life. When humor goes, it means he's lost his perspective.

Wedge Antilles

Star Wars - Exile

Shiyonasan
Administrator

Quite a catchy tune there, Fafner!

Presper, I remember my cousin playing Morrowind on his Xbox several years ago. Brings back good memories.

15%20-%20Gruntilda's%20Lair.jpg
15%20-%20Gruntilda's%20Lair.jpg (196.18 KiB) Viewed 3582 times

Gruntilda's Lair - Banjo-Kazooie (1998)

This is the main hub world theme from Banjo-Kazooie. When I think of this game, this song is almost always the first song I think of. I never got tired of listening to it while running around Gruntilda's Lair. It's a classic game from my childhood that I'm always up for playing.

Also, fun fact: this song is based off of an old song called "The Teddy Bear's Picnic". You can listen to that song in the following link:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dZANKFxrcKU

Uran-chama
Rocket Ball Champion

Postby Uran-chama » 8 years ago

Song of Trust/ Grimoire Song- Rune Factory Frontier

This is a song from my favorite game series- Rune Factory! It's a spin off from Harvest Moon (it often has the subtitle "A Fantasy Harvest Moon"). There are 3 DS games, 1 3DS game, and 2 Wii games. This is from the the first Wii game during the boss battle. I tried to just find an instrumental version but they were all more of a musicbox version and so didn't have the power this one has. Rune Factory Frontier was the first RF game I played, so even though I like the DS/3DS games better, this game has a special place in my heart.

Shiyonasan
Administrator

Cute music there, Uran-chama. I've never heard of Rune Factory, but I have heard of Harvest Moon. My sister used to play it a little bit years ago.

0.jpg
0.jpg (21.2 KiB) Viewed 3581 times

Basilisk Mine Field (Act 4-2) - Ninja Gaiden (1988)

Also known as "Unbreakable Determination", this song is a quick, galloping, melodic piece that fits the fast-paced gameplay of Ninja Gaiden for the NES.

Presper
Kokoro Robot

Postby Presper » 8 years ago

Really epic song there, energizing too. The title of it is also fitting, because trust me, unbreakable determination is a quality one must have in order to beat Ninja Gaiden. :ninja:

Fallout 1 OST - Acolytes of a New God

Fallout 1 is a turn based isometric RPG. It is my most favorite video game series of all time. Its weird to say, but I probably would've never discovered Astro Boy if I never played this series.

This is my favorite song in the soundtrack. Its eerie, creepy, unsettling and very atmospheric.
Last edited by Presper on Thu Aug 27, 2015 1:21 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Image too tiny

Shiyonasan
Administrator

Great atmospheric track. When the choir comes in, it really becomes chilling.

SNES_Drakkhen_Screen_1.jpg
SNES_Drakkhen_Screen_1.jpg (9 KiB) Viewed 3642 times

Earth Area (Night) - Drakkhen (1989)

A nice, calming song that I assume plays whenever you're in the overworld area at night in Drakkhen. I discovered this song through SupraDarky's Best VGM list on YouTube when it was first posted and have listened to it a few more times since then. Apparently the game is pretty so-so, but at least this song has quality to it.

Return to “General Discussion”