Favorite cartoon/anime intros?

Off topic discussion.
Shiyonasan
Administrator

Favorite cartoon/anime intros?

Postby Shiyonasan » 8 years ago

This might be a fun thread to do. Just post your favorite cartoon or anime intros (with the exception of Astro Boy) and describe why you like them.

My favorite cartoon intro:

Ed,Edd N' Eddy

Catchy tune accompanied by the entertaining, but somewhat bizarre trio that is Ed, Edd, and Eddy. It's a good way to introduce the show.

My favorite anime intro:

Dragon Ball Z - Cha-La Head-Cha-La

Although I grew up with "Rock the Dragon" from the American broadcast of Dragon Ball Z, I definitely prefer the Japanese intros to DBZ and any of the other Dragon Ball series. It's a fun-filled and very iconic intro, accompanied by nonsensical but catchy lyrics.

Earthshine

Postby Earthshine » 8 years ago

My top two off the top of my head would probably be the Samurai Jack opening and Batman the Animated Series openings.

I have a lot of nostalgia for the Ed, Edd N' Eddy opening and it gives me a lot of joy to see!

Uran-chama
Rocket Ball Champion

Postby Uran-chama » 8 years ago

Hmm not too many cartoons have openings anymore. But Ed, Edd, n' Eddy's a good one. I also always liked the openings for Dexter's Lab and Chowder too.

As for anime, right now I really like Osomatsu-san's and One Punch Man's.

Tetsuwan Penguin
Robot Revolutionary

Postby Tetsuwan Penguin » 8 years ago

Nobody here (except for Jeffbert and April7) would have ever heard of the cartoons that I watched as a kid. But I do have some favorites that my daughters watched.
Two that I fondly remember the openings for were 'Inspector Gadget' and 'Rug Rats'.

As for anime's, one that I really liked was 'The Mysterious Cities of Gold'. Yes, this WAS an anime, a cooperative effort between a French studio and a Japanese one, and it was dubbed into English. (One of these days I'm going to write a fan fiction cross over with this one!),
[sigpic][/sigpic]Image

:tenma: I'm on Fanfiction.net as Tetsuwan Penguin. Please check out some of the other stories I've written! ;)
https://www.fanfiction.net/u/4672860/Tetsuwan-Penguin

I can also be found on Deviant Art http://tetsuwanpenguin.deviantart.com/

My home page
http://scharkalvin.weebly.com/about-me.html

Shiyonasan
Administrator

Postby Shiyonasan » 8 years ago

"Earthshine" wrote:My top two off the top of my head would probably be the Samurai Jack opening and Batman the Animated Series openings.

Agreed on both of those. The Batman one reminds me of another awesome Batman cartoon intro:

Batman Beyond

Speaking of superheroes, I also like the intro to the original (and best) Teen Titans series:

Teen Titans

I always thought that the intro to the '90s Johnny Quest series was pretty awesome too:

The Real Adventures of Johnny Quest

I'll go ahead and share another of my favorite anime intros as well:

Nadia: The Secret of Blue Water

TetsuwanToby
Rocket Ball Champion

Postby TetsuwanToby » 8 years ago

I absolutely love the Angry Beavers intro because it explains who the characters are without words just fun animated action! And the music is fun and catchy.

My second choice would be Gravity Falls because it has an awesome sound and is full of clues and Easter eggs

And my third is Invader Zim because it's sets the shows mood perfectly and it sounds cool.
I'm such a 90s kid XD

Oh and Hey Arnold! I love a lot of theme songs XD I can't choose just one haha
Last edited by TetsuwanToby on Mon Dec 14, 2015 3:37 am, edited 1 time in total.
[sigpic][/sigpic]

100% pure cartoon fanatic

Return to “General Discussion”