Open Suggestions to Improve the Forum

Off topic discussion.
Shiyonasan
Administrator

Postby Shiyonasan » 8 years ago

We have completed the new user title hierarchy! Check out the new user title names in the following link:

http://www.astroboy-online.com/forums/showthread.php?p=237039#post237039
Last edited by Shiyonasan on Wed Jan 06, 2016 3:43 am, edited 2 times in total.

Rejoyce
Rocket Ball Champion

Postby Rejoyce » 8 years ago

Maybe on the main page, where it says when the most people were online, it could say how many of those were members.

Little Brown Fox
On a Flight into Space

Postby Little Brown Fox » 8 years ago

Am I the only one who doesn't like them? I mean, I'm almost to the level of despising them, even; some of these don't make a lot of sense to me (especially the one with the LAB reference; not enough people have even seen that for it to be a very good reference to make). Plus, they're generic, and they kind of make me cringe.

I used to go on a forum that let you use a custom title if you got to 1,000 posts. At the very least, I would like a way to shut these off and go back to the way it was.
lolwut

Sporkia
Rocket Ball Champion

Postby Sporkia » 8 years ago

To each their own, I guess. I mean, I think they're pretty cute, myself. It makes me feel a little bit more motivated to come out of lurking, and I get to "level up" in a sense. :p
It's a magical day!

Earthshine

Postby Earthshine » 8 years ago

“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

I'm sorry to hear you have that strong of a feeling concerning the change in the user titles LBF, but we did ask numerous times for opinions and feedback and the majority of those who did give feedback had positive things to say in response. I am certain you are not alone in your feelings either and many have decided to remain quiet or neutral on the subject.

The moderating team spent at least one whole week dedicated to discussing what the new user titles should be and it was not an easy, snap process. We checked in at every opportunity to see how our members thought and felt about our process and took in what was said genuinely into consideration when providing the final result (which can change in the future as these are not necessarily permanent).

We feel that the user titles are specific to Astro Boy and unique to the forum while being fun and interesting; I am sad to hear that you disagree but as Sporkia said "To each their own"

If anyone has any further questions or comments or opinions on the current user titles (or anything else) please let us know so we can get a gauge on the true atmosphere on this subject. Otherwise we can assume that most of our members are satisfied.

Little Brown Fox
On a Flight into Space

Postby Little Brown Fox » 8 years ago

I'm not even sure how many members pay attention to what goes on outside of certain boards; I usually never enter the general talk board, and only came here when I noticed a change, to look for an explanation. Thus, I could not have voiced my opinion on this matter- not that you seem to want it. :<
lolwut

Return to “General Discussion”