Shows/Series You Wish Existed

Off topic discussion.
Earthshine

Shows/Series You Wish Existed

Postby Earthshine » 8 years ago

I was talking to my fiance about how dry some television programming is and what we WISHED existed as a show and we came up with interesting ideas.

Of course this assumes that the show is made "properly" with minimal eyesores. This could also mean reboots or shows done differently.

Chrono Trigger: As an animation preferably. This is could be made probably in under 2 seasons totaling maybe 50 episodes and could explore a little more of the lore of the world and explain some things that as a gamer you just do not need to know in order to complete the mission at hand. I admit, I'm NOT a fan of Akira Toriyama's art style but I am forgiving enough when it comes to art style so long as the story is well executed.

Tolkien's The Silmarillion: Anyone remember when it was first announced that Peter Jackson was making the Lord of Rings Trilogy and there was a huge debate among fan that it would be better suited as a series than as movies? Well, even if you don't I think for at least this novel there is little choice considering the lore, lack of detail, and wide expanse in which is takes place (over 10,000 years).

Shiyonasan
Administrator

Postby Shiyonasan » 8 years ago

I would like to see a proper drama/comedy anime based on The Legend of Zelda.

Everyone could have voice actors/actresses. Link wouldn't have to talk all the time, but have minimal speaking lines similar to Jack in Samurai Jack.

Also, I wouldn't mind if it was a spinoff or an anime based on a game that already exists. Even a short 6-12 episode OVA would be great.

Lastly, I'd like to see it in this style or something similar (maybe a Studio Ghibli art style?):

newtype_link_zelda.jpg
newtype_link_zelda.jpg (40.54 KiB) Viewed 2601 times

Earthshine

We're so fortunate that Legend of Zelda has such a pliable and usable plot line that can be adapted very easily and still "fit" with the world that we all know.

I think it would do very well as an anime adaptation, as for animation style I am unsure. On one hand I like the art style of Twilight Princess and the official art for Ocarina of Time but I also love the classic style from A Link to the Past.

A short series would suffice as well, maybe 12 episodes? At least one episode per "dungeon" I think and the series not surpassing 24 episodes.

Rejoyce
Rocket Ball Champion

Postby Rejoyce » 8 years ago

There’s an old 5-book series I read when I was little. The first book was called The Spaceship Under the Apple Tree. I think it would make a great show or movie series. It’s about an alien kid named Marty who comes to earth to study it for school, and a Boy Scout named Eddie who is staying at his grandmother’s farm for the summer. Marty loses the “Secret Power Z” that powers his ship and gadgets, and the two search for it together and eventually become friends. The sequels are good too. Each time, Marty returns from space and takes Eddie on an adventure. I think that format would work well for a kids cartoon.

Earthshine

That book series sounds really captivating and I do not doubt that it would definitely work well for TV audiences. It sounds really cute too. I did a quick google search on this book title and found that it is older than I thought, published in 1952.

I think it would do well as an animation or live action even. If it were animated I'm sort of feeling an "Iron Giant" style of animation.

TetsuwanToby
Rocket Ball Champion

Postby TetsuwanToby » 8 years ago

This may sound narcissistic but I have a comic of mine which would be amazing to see as an animated series XD
[sigpic][/sigpic]

100% pure cartoon fanatic

Earthshine

This may sound narcissistic but I have a comic of mine which would be amazing to see as an animated series XD

There's nothing wrong with wanting to see your stuff out in the open :)

What is your comic about?

Tetsuwan Penguin
Robot Revolutionary

Postby Tetsuwan Penguin » 8 years ago

How about the mushroom planet books?
[sigpic][/sigpic]Image

:tenma: I'm on Fanfiction.net as Tetsuwan Penguin. Please check out some of the other stories I've written! ;)
https://www.fanfiction.net/u/4672860/Tetsuwan-Penguin

I can also be found on Deviant Art http://tetsuwanpenguin.deviantart.com/

My home page
http://scharkalvin.weebly.com/about-me.html

Earthshine

This series?

It sounds interesting, the premise of "summoning" the protagonists via a newspaper ad sounds like the premise of Terry Brook's Magical Kingdom for Sale series (I think that is the title, I have not read it in a long, long time).

I think it would be worth resurrecting these classic children's science fiction series (and adapting them to suit our needs). The whimsical feel of Over the Garden Wall was a hit so I think it would be worth it.

I also feel that a good version of L. Frank Baum's Oz series would be lovely, his books spanned so long and Dorothy went on a lot of fabulous adventures and got to meet so many interesting people.
Last edited by Earthshine on Fri Dec 25, 2015 5:30 am, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: added pic

TetsuwanToby
Rocket Ball Champion

Postby TetsuwanToby » 8 years ago

[/QUOTE]mThere's nothing wrong with wanting to see your stuff out in the open :)

What is your comic about?[/QUOTE]

It's basically about an artist who finds a book the brings drawings to life but things tend to go wrong that's the easiest way to explain it the story can get complex at sometimes lol
[sigpic][/sigpic]

100% pure cartoon fanatic

Return to “General Discussion”