Mega Man

Off topic discussion.
Cookie
Kokoro Robot

Mega Man

Postby Cookie » 7 years ago

Essentially a thread for discussing anything Mega Man related! Games, merchandise, cartoons, etc.

I've been replaying Battle Network 6, trying to find more side quests and other goodies (especially the Humor Program. :p ) My first playthrough was kinda rushed. I also bought Battle Network 3 recently, and I'm really excited to start playing it.

Earthshine

Postby Earthshine » 7 years ago

I love Mega Man! It's one of my oldest fandoms. I really enjoyed the Battle Network games, I thought they were really unique and fun! Maybe not really Mega Man-esque, but overall fun with lots of characters and interesting Navis to interact with. The music got to be pretty grating though :\

Cookie
Kokoro Robot

Huh. I didn't really mind the music. I loved 3's soundtrack, especially the boss theme.

I went to a convention a little over a month ago, and there were many people who worked on Sword Art Online there. One of them was Shingo Adachi, an animator who worked also on the Battle Network and Starforce Anime, and he was doing autograph sessions on Friday & Saturday. I had the MM25 book, so I went Saturday and asked him to sign the illustration he did in the book.

He was visibly happy and surprised! :lol: As it turns out, I was the second person to show him something Mega Man related, as most of the people were there for Sword Art. He was really happy that people still remembered his old work. That, and he said that the Starforce anime never got a proper DVD release in Japan.

I learned from another person in line that he had been doing sketches on Friday. I didn't go Friday, as I decided to get lunch with my brother. I regret it deeply, as I gave up a chance to ask for a MegaMan.exe sketch for greasy, over-cooked rice. :cry:

I used my phone to take these pictures, so please forgive the low quality.

click for spoilerImage

Dragonrider1227
Robot Revolutionary

Postby Dragonrider1227 » 7 years ago

Oh yeah. I love Mega Man. Long before I got into Astro Boy, I was playing Mega Man games on the NES. 2 and 5 being my childhood favorites.

Earthshine

Postby Earthshine » 7 years ago

That's really cool Cookie :D

I myself am a bigger fan of the X series and am so sad to see that the series probably won't get an official ending with what they have continued with (many fans claim that X5 is the official canon end to the series per Keiji Inafune's wishes, as dissatisfying as it is).

I have a sizable book collection of almost all manga renditions (released in English via Udon or Viz plus one X series manga of which the author's name escapes me), artbooks and the first year of Archie's adaptations.

I have a very weak soft spot for the series and whenever I see merchandise of it it's hard to ignore for me. Since we're not seeing new games lately it's hard to show that fans still exist and have a strong love and loyalty to the series :unsure:

Cookie
Kokoro Robot

"Dragonrider1227" wrote:Oh yeah. I love Mega Man. Long before I got into Astro Boy, I was playing Mega Man games on the NES. 2 and 5 being my childhood favorites.

2 does always tend to be a favorite among many. That, and X series too. I've only actually played 2 and 9 from the classic series. :d oh: I want to get the Legacy Collection sometime soon.

"Earthshine" wrote:That's really cool Cookie :D

I myself am a bigger fan of the X series and am so sad to see that the series probably won't get an official ending with what they have continued with (many fans claim that X5 is the official canon end to the series per Keiji Inafune's wishes, as dissatisfying as it is).

I have a sizable book collection of almost all manga renditions (released in English via Udon or Viz plus one X series manga of which the author's name escapes me), artbooks and the first year of Archie's adaptations.

I have a very weak soft spot for the series and whenever I see merchandise of it it's hard to ignore for me. Since we're not seeing new games lately it's hard to show that fans still exist and have a strong love and loyalty to the series :unsure:

I wonder what it would have been like if the X series had ended at X5...but then we wouldn't have gotten Axl in X7.

I would like to see that collection! It's a shame the Archie comics series was put on...hiatus. I think the X manga was made by Yoshihiro Iwamoto.

I was really excited to see the Mega Man nendoroid when it came out, and now Sentinel is releasing really cool Mega Man figures. The joints tend to stand out, but it's all worth it for that amazing articulation. They're all up for pre-order on Big Bad Toystore. However, the price for the Jet and Power Adaptor figure make my wallet hurt.

Return to “General Discussion”