Sunday, January 1st (Part II)
54%

Total votes: 13

Shiyonasan
Administrator

Skype Meeting 10 (Cancelled)

Postby Shiyonasan » 7 years ago

All good things must come to an end.

On New Year's Eve this year (Saturday, December 31, 2016), EyeOdyssey and I will both host the final ABO Skype Meeting. If people are open to it, we may also host a second day on New Year's Day (Sunday, January 1, 2017).

Following Skype Meeting 10, we will be moving ABO meetings to Discord. The reason is because Discord has less technical issues than Skype, and it's easier to bring people together on Discord to voice chat. In the future, Skype will become a backup for Discord in case Discord is not working correctly.

While we realize this is early to be announcing this, we figured it would be good to announce it early so that people would be notified about it far in advance.

For those who aren't familiar with ABO Skype Meetings, we talk about Astro Boy and other topics while getting to know ABO members in a setting other than this forum.

There are a few regulars who usually attend, but anyone from the forum is allowed to join in. If you haven't already, send me and EyeOdyssey a contact request on Skype and you'll be good to go. The meetings are held through voice chat, but Skype IM conversation is allowed too in case you are a little shy. No video chatting during the meeting. Video chats kill bandwidth.

Voting will be a little different this time. We will only have two dates listed on the poll. Depending on which day is better for you, you can vote to attend one day, or you can vote to attend both! A New Year's Day voice chat will only happen if someone other than me and EyeOdyssey vote on that day.

The start time is tentative at this point, but we usually start at 3 PM Eastern Time and go until 6 PM or 7 PM Eastern Time. Those times will be the same for both days.

For anyone who has attended these Skype meetings over the years, it's been fun and a pleasure to get to talk to you all! Hard to believe that it's been over five years now since we began. Discord will give the ABO meetings a breath of fresh air. For one last time though, let's meet up on Skype to chat about our favorite robot hero...and some other topics as well!

There's also a message that I have to pass along:

The Number One Fan of Noh Uno wrote:What does the ultimate finale of Skype Meeting 10 and New Years Eve have in common? No, we won’t cram some poor chump in a trash can and listen to him fight to escape, the answer is more obvious and pun-y than that. Won’t even give it away now since you spoilt the fun.

Yes that’s right folks, Skype Meeting 10 is the grand finale of the Skype Meeting ‘series’ we’ve been keeping up for years now. Last time to get involved in an event like this, so be sure to get on your high-horses and gallop to the nearest computer to participate in Skype Meeting 10 (part I and II so we could be more official). Doesn’t have to be your own computer, take your neighbor’s computer if you have to, he’ll surely understand. Cast your vote now before it’s too late!

EDIT: As a note for the other mods, I'll unstick this thread on January 1st. If Part II happens, I'll unstick it after we finish.
Last edited by Shiyonasan on Thu Dec 15, 2016 5:16 am, edited 3 times in total.

CommanderEVE
Beyond the Stars

Postby CommanderEVE » 7 years ago

Oh, I am not sure if I will be busy on those dates or not. I may have 6 weeks of work coming up in two months, and the bosses give me my schedule by week at the end of each week. If I do get the work, I will be sometimes working from 10am to 10pm. So, I will have to see what happens. :unsure:

Rejoyce
Rocket Ball Champion

Postby Rejoyce » 7 years ago

I'll probably be able to do both. It's too early to tell.

EyeOdyssey

Postby EyeOdyssey » 7 years ago

Since most of the meetings beforehand had one of these...
For more, have a stop by The EyeOdyssey Lounge.
http://eyeodyssey.tumblr.com/

CommanderEVE
Beyond the Stars

Postby CommanderEVE » 7 years ago

Great drawing Eye! I love the varied use of lines, it really helps with the craziness, it also reminds me of the madness that goes on in the Discord General chat room. You should draw something like this but with the members instead, that would be a laugh and a half.

Shiyonasan
Administrator

Postby Shiyonasan » 7 years ago

Due to unforeseen circumstances, I'm sad to announce that Skype Meeting 10 has been cancelled. As such, Skype Meeting 9 is the final ABO Skype Meeting. For now, I feel it's best to let these Skype Meetings come to an end.

Thank you to everyone who attended these Skype Meetings over the last 5 years. It was fun to chat with you all and to learn the voices behind some of the usernames. As you can see in EyeOdyssey's poster, we've had many memorable moments since these Skype Meetings began back in 2011. Now that we're at the end of 2016, I can say that I'll fondly remember being in these Skype Meetings for years to come.

This thread is now closed. If you have any comments or questions about Skype Meeting 10 or Skype Meetings of the past, please send me a PM.

Return to “General Discussion”