When was your first time using the Internet?

Off topic discussion.
minazoid20
Kokoro Robot

Re: When was your first time using the Internet?

Postby minazoid20 » 7 years ago

I don't remember exactly when, but it was sometime in the early 2000s. We had a computer at home before but we never had internet in our household until later so we only used it for printing stuff we wrote and playing the games it had.

AstroAllies
Rocket Ball Champion

Postby AstroAllies » 7 years ago

It's always great to read all your stories. :)

In Indonesia, most people are using smartphones to connect to the Internet. In big cities the 3G cellular technology is more popular, however people in rural areas are even still using the 2G technology just for voice calls and SMS.

The 4G was officially launched around 2 years ago. It currently has few users, compared to neighboring countries such as Malaysia and Singapore. While 4G is still new in my country, developed countries are now developing the 5G, which has much faster speed. :lol:

MrsEclipse
Rocket Ball Champion

Postby MrsEclipse » 7 years ago

I think my house was on dial-up as early as 1997 or 98. It's funny, I remember the very fist time I used a color printer and what we printed, but I can't remember my exact first internet session. We used AOL and I usually just clicked their "kids" button to find pages that were appropriate for me. I liked the games on Nickelodeon's old website. I also liked the early fan pages. One time online we found a scene-by-scene description of Pokémon: The First Movie almost a full year before it was released in theaters in America. It boggles my mind to think about waiting that long as a kid, though waiting a year for a movie now doesn't seem nearly as hard.

I do remember having the hardest time understanding how to use the internet after we got Internet Explorer but before we switched away from dial-up. I was used to the Internet being all one program, so it confused me how you would sign in through one thing, then open a completely different thing and just go wherever you wanted with no guide to hold your hand like AOL had.
Baby, don't let it slip, it's a once in a lifetime ship and it's never gonna come again...

Return to “General Discussion”