Astro Boy 2: The Sequel

Show off all your awesome art, writings and other creations here.
Androids101
Cosmic Ranger

Postby Androids101 » 13 years ago

To be honest, I think that the characters (namely Daddy Walrus, Zoran or even Colbalt) should reappear, but the plot shouldn't be the same. Thats plain boring if you copy the plot

AprilSeven
Silent Song

We now have a projected release date for Astro Boy "sequel" Pluto

Postby AprilSeven » 13 years ago

Just read that the projected release date for the live-action/CG version of Urasawa's Pluto is April 1, 2013 (another Astro Boy "anniversary year")

This producer was very successful with a movie release this year - "Dispicable Me" -- I think he's smart to build/re-build Astro's following with Pluto, as it will appeal to broarder audience and stands alone as a story without needing to understand all the other characters, circumstances surrounding Astro (and I wonder if he might call him "Atom" as they do in the manga).

This could be a way to leave behind the "Americanized" Astro Boy for a more authentic, permanent Japanese "Atom." I think Dr. Tezuka would have liked that. :)
Image Sig artwork by Alittleacorn!

Dragonrider1227
Robot Revolutionary

Postby Dragonrider1227 » 13 years ago

OOH! That sounds cool :D

Androids101
Cosmic Ranger

Im not sure, but I think that Astro was called "Atom" in the Japanese release of the film...

I've always appreciated Anime films more than CGI ones. For three main reasons:
1. Anime is nearly always more realistic, and the characters are often more realistic too (with some exceptions, of course, like O'Shay, but thats a good thing)
2. CGI films use way too much humour. A bit of it is great, but when you over-use it, it won't work. Older CGI films (e.g. "Finding Nemo") and such, are still fun to watch, but the more modern ones have gotten it all wrong.
3. You can see the amount of effort and time put into a Anime film, but in CGI you can't.

Astro Boy2866
On a Flight into Space

Postby Astro Boy2866 » 13 years ago

That's actually a pretty good point, and I also think that they try to put a little too much humour in the CGI films.
Image Astro Boy|鉄腕アトム [sigpic][/sigpic]

Check out diehard67's forum
Or check out my YouTube channel

Androids101
Cosmic Ranger

I agree, you don't have to have humour to make it work

Little Brown Fox
On a Flight into Space

Postby Little Brown Fox » 13 years ago

A lot of technical effort goes into those CGI movies, even if you can't see it.

Also, the reason I bothered to mention Cobalt is because of his relative obscurity. He needs to become mainstream again. Also, he fits better than Uran, and much better than Chi-tan (although I think he deserves a second chance, too. Are there any videos on Youtube with him in it, and not just some bit role, either? Like, good exposure?), as far as a sequal goes.
lolwut

Astro Boy2866
On a Flight into Space

Postby Astro Boy2866 » 13 years ago

That makes sense, but I think the cute little sister, in my opinion, would work out better than Cobalt since more people know who she is.
Image Astro Boy|鉄腕アトム [sigpic][/sigpic]

Check out diehard67's forum
Or check out my YouTube channel

F-Man
On a Flight into Space

Postby F-Man » 13 years ago

"AprilSeven" wrote:Just read that the projected release date for the live-action/CG version of Urasawa's Pluto is April 1, 2013 (another Astro Boy "anniversary year")

Do you have a source on this? I just won't believe it otherwise, it sounds more like the date production would start, not a release date... The studio already had 8 movies planned before it acquired Pluto, and it takes several years to make a movie, then another to promote it... My original estimate for the release date is 2017.

Dr. Jerk
On a Flight into Space

Postby Dr. Jerk » 13 years ago

"F-Man" wrote:[QUOTE=AprilSeven;107882]Just read that the projected release date for the live-action/CG version of Urasawa's Pluto is April 1, 2013 (another Astro Boy "anniversary year")

Do you have a source on this? I just won't believe it otherwise, it sounds more like the date production would start, not a release date... The studio already had 8 movies planned before it acquired Pluto, and it takes several years to make a movie, then another to promote it... My original estimate for the release date is 2017.[/QUOTE]

Likewise, I could ask for a source of the rumored 'new animated series' and 'new live-action' series that is also mentioned in Tezuka in English...

But yeah, source would be nice.

Return to “Fan Creations”