New members, please introduce yourselves here

Off topic discussion.
Dr. Jerk
On a Flight into Space

Postby Dr. Jerk » 13 years ago

"Xenops" wrote:Hey Dr. Jerk! I hope to enjoy it here too. ^_^

Inactivity can be linked to a large number of reasons. There's several possibilities, but I don't feel like listing them. Anyway, it became inactive just because it did.

Mostly because of the bugs in the forums, I think. Hopefully it will fixed soon.

I hope I shan't be the initiator of the chain reaction. ;)

There's actually been some talk on the forums about creating brand new forums and that the old forums would act as an archive.

Frankly, I think that'd be the better way to go than to fix the glitches, which would be far too time consuming to find the cause, let alone fix them. And frankly, I personally think the bugs cannot be fixed anyway.

Astro Boy2866
On a Flight into Space

Postby Astro Boy2866 » 13 years ago

@Jerk

No, the bugs can be fixed but it takes a lot of time and effort, but with less people visiting the site, there's not much point in fixing it. Creating a forum is very time consuming as well if you want it look like you put a lot of effort into making it and I believe it's harder to make a new one than to fix the problems and improve the old one, but you're right trying to find the cause of the bugs and fixing them does take a long time.
Last edited by Astro Boy2866 on Sun Dec 12, 2010 8:12 am, edited 1 time in total.
Image Astro Boy|鉄腕アトム [sigpic][/sigpic]

Check out diehard67's forum
Or check out my YouTube channel

Dr. Jerk
On a Flight into Space

"Astro Boy8629" wrote:@Jerk

No, the bugs can be fixed but it takes a lot of time and effort, but with less people visiting the site, there's not much point in fixing it. Creating a forum is very time consuming as well if you want it look like you put a lot of effort into making it and I believe it's harder to make a new one than to fix the problems and improve the old one, but you're right trying to find the cause of the bugs and fixing them does take a long time.

In comparison to fixing the bugs, creating new boards takes much less time. It's been two months since the bugs were found, and I don't think anyone has even gone as far as to look over things. The admins and mods also are neglecting the boards, meaning that there would be less people on it. You might wonder why F-Man was appointed from mod to admin without doing almost anything, that goes to show how much the boards are being neglected, if a member is to be appointed that quickly like that.

Besides, starting fresh will probably be good for everyone. I think the majority of people wanted a restart, judging from the posts that were made on the boards.

Astro Boy2866
On a Flight into Space

Postby Astro Boy2866 » 13 years ago

@Jerk

That makes sense, I guess a clean slate would be good for everyone.
Image Astro Boy|鉄腕アトム [sigpic][/sigpic]

Check out diehard67's forum
Or check out my YouTube channel

Xenops
Rocket Ball Champion

Postby Xenops » 13 years ago

It's been two months since the bugs were found, and I don't think anyone has even gone as far as to look over things. The admins and mods also are neglecting the boards, meaning that there would be less people on it. You might wonder why F-Man was appointed from mod to admin without doing almost anything, that goes to show how much the boards are being neglected, if a member is to be appointed that quickly like that.

With all the bugs, I wonder if he can do anything anyway. :rolleyes: I think also that putrucca has a lot of different projects going on, so administrating a slow board probably isn't high on her list. She has a website dedicated to European Art, and such.

Dr. Jerk
On a Flight into Space

Yeah I know, but I'm just saying. There's other admins and mods too, and they're not around either.

Xenops
Rocket Ball Champion

Postby Xenops » 13 years ago

Yeah I know, but I'm just saying. There's other admins and mods too, and they're not around either.

Good point. It's sad. :cry:

Astronomical girl
Banned

Postby Astronomical girl » 13 years ago

yeah :(
Unyongnekasayo

Black Rabbit
Beyond the Stars

Postby Black Rabbit » 13 years ago

This is the 'New members, please introduce yourselves here' thread. Please, can't you chat or discuss this somewhere else?

@ Xenops

Welcome. I hope you like the forum so far.
... ... ... ...
... ... ... ... ...
... ... ... ... ... ...
bloop
... ... ... ... ... ...
... ... ... ... ...
... ... ... ...

Dr. Jerk
On a Flight into Space

1. I meant TiE, NOT ABO.

2. We're NOT closing down the site or the old forums. We are simply considering creating new forums for TiE, and the old forums would act as an archive.

Return to “General Discussion”