Have you guys see these before ?

Talk about all things Astro Boy!
Atomars
Rocket Ball Champion

Have you guys seen these before ?

Postby Atomars » 13 years ago

Sorry about the screen capture quality , the source itself is not good :lol:
Last edited by Atomars on Thu Feb 24, 2011 12:20 am, edited 2 times in total.

F-Man
On a Flight into Space

Postby F-Man » 13 years ago

Nope. So what's the source?
I'm on Twitter.

Fauna
Beyond the Stars

Postby Fauna » 13 years ago

This looks strangely similar to one of the Jetter Mars episodes in which Tenma cameos (along with a throwback to Astro's origin), particularly Tobio's outfit in that first picture. Like F-Man said, what's the source? If it's in Japanese I might be able to help translate some of it.
ImageImageImageImage
Dr. Tenma lover and aficionado since 2006!
Now featuring the Sad Old Dad Squad (The S.O.D.S.)

Dr. Jerk
On a Flight into Space

Postby Dr. Jerk » 13 years ago

"Fauna" wrote:This looks strangely similar to one of the Jetter Mars episodes in which Tenma cameos (along with a throwback to Astro's origin), particularly Tobio's outfit in that first picture. Like F-Man said, what's the source? If it's in Japanese I might be able to help translate some of it.

I'm not too certain if an actual Astro Boy made a cameo appearance in that episode though, I think it was only Tobio and his mum really... Then again, I never did seen said episode.

But I still find it doubtful.

Astronomical girl
Banned

Postby Astronomical girl » 13 years ago

The pictures may be bad but they still tells half of a thousand words
Unyongnekasayo

Atomars
Rocket Ball Champion

Postby Atomars » 13 years ago

:confused: If there are a lot of requests among members, I will try my best to upload this video,
:unsure: but it seems not many members are interested, so I guess I'll have to wait :confused:

Xenops
Rocket Ball Champion

Postby Xenops » 13 years ago

It's hard to get our interest when we have no idea what we're looking at. Please provide us with some clues. I'm guessing these are stills from a video tape, with animation done at least in the 1980's, but I'm thinking later than that.

Astro Boy2866
On a Flight into Space

Postby Astro Boy2866 » 13 years ago

Xenops is right. I didn't show any interest because I had nothing to post. All I thought of it was, "Well, those are 8 pictures that I've never seen before." and then I exited the thread and I'm sure it is the same way with other members.
Image Astro Boy|鉄腕アトム [sigpic][/sigpic]

Check out diehard67's forum
Or check out my YouTube channel

fafner
Cosmic Ranger

Postby fafner » 13 years ago

Despite the bad quality, I am rather certain that it is 1980 Astro. However it doesn't ring a bell to me. If you have a video I am interested.
The real sign that someone has become a fanatic is that he completely loses his sense of humor about some important facet of his life. When humor goes, it means he's lost his perspective.

Wedge Antilles
Star Wars - Exile

Dr. Jerk
On a Flight into Space

Postby Dr. Jerk » 13 years ago

"fafner" wrote:Despite the bad quality, I am rather certain that it is 1980 Astro. However it doesn't ring a bell to me. If you have a video I am interested.

The creation of Astro Boy in the 1980's series was completely different, not to mention that Tobio in it looked more alike to Astro, whereas he looks more similar to Uran in this. Not to mention that he didn't have a mother figure in the 80's series, and Tenma here looks more like from the Jetter Mars or 2003 series, but more like from the 2003 series because of the way his legs are shaped.

...However it can't be from the 2003 series because of Tobio's design and apparent mother here. That said, you'd think it would all point towards Jetter Mars, but I still have extreme doubts over this.

If we cannot get a source on this, I'm almost be willing to believe that these are fan-made.

Astroboy_Addict, you NEED to show us where you got these. We cannot help you if we don't have a source.

Return to “Astro Boy Discussion”