Our friends in Japan need our prayers

Off topic discussion.
dannavy85
Banned

Our friends in Japan need our prayers

Postby dannavy85 » 13 years ago

An 8.9 off the coast. The news reports are horrific. Our prayers for our dear friends tonight. Hopfully the President will authorize U.S. forces in the region to render immediate aide.

God help them.
"You guys have some serious Mommy issues."

Dr. Jerk
On a Flight into Space

Postby Dr. Jerk » 13 years ago

I've heard about the earthquakes, and about the tsunami warnings. One person I talk to who lives there (he's experienced the shaking) doesn't seem worried, so I guess that means the warnings are only in effect for certain areas.

Still, I am worried, especially for another person who I also talk to.

I can only hope that things will go well...

diehard67
On a Flight into Space

Postby diehard67 » 13 years ago

no kidding, the earth can be vary powerful and reminds us of that rather frequently.
my public downloads on my home server
my website also on my home server
facebook pm me here if you add me on facebook please.
twitter

Astro Boy2866
On a Flight into Space

Postby Astro Boy2866 » 13 years ago

Funny, I was just talking about this on another forum.

I hope that things go well too.

I heard about this and apparently there are going to be a few tsunamis that are supposed to hit Hawaii and my aunt and uncle are staying there for a vacation :eek: I hope nothing bad happens.
Image Astro Boy|鉄腕アトム [sigpic][/sigpic]

Check out diehard67's forum
Or check out my YouTube channel

Alittleacorn
On a Flight into Space

Postby Alittleacorn » 13 years ago

Has anybody noticed this has been happening a lot lately? It's just I'm sure I've heard there were some earthquakes a while back, the plates must be shifting.

Still, my heart goes out to them, it's sad this has to happen :cry:

AprilSeven
Silent Song

Postby AprilSeven » 13 years ago

What a horrible, horrible event. Keeping them in my prayers - Saw footage of the tsumnami - can't imagine the experience of so much water unleashed - it just washed everything away as if it were nothing.

Again I wish Astro were here!!!
Image Sig artwork by Alittleacorn!

Shiyonasan
Administrator

Postby Shiyonasan » 13 years ago

Oh good. The people on the other forum I'm on that live in Japan all seem to be alright. One felt the earthquake and aftershocks, but is doing okay.

One of the other guys is from Osaka and tweeted about the 88,000 people missing in Sendai. It's apparently false:

saiyajedi wrote:BBC saying Kyodo reports 88,000 missing but I think they're misreading 8.8度 (Magnitude 8.8) as 8.8万 (88,000). Kyodo site just says "many".

He is doing okay as well. He said business is going as usual in Osaka except for preempted TV reports.

Thoughts and prayers go out to the people of Japan and anybody else that might be affected by this. What a nightmare...

jeffbert
Minister of Science

Postby jeffbert » 13 years ago

I believe the Japanese were literally expecting a massive quake would soon occur and had built their infrastructure very sturdy in hopes of withstanding it. We shall see how well they were prepared for what they believed was inevitable. We all hope for the least amount of damage and loss of life. :heart:

Dr. Jerk
On a Flight into Space

Postby Dr. Jerk » 13 years ago

According to one person who lives there, it's still quaking over there, and it's been 15 or so hours since it had started.

That's just too long...

atoms_gf
Robot President

Postby atoms_gf » 13 years ago

i know! i cant stand this! what about the tezuka museum :cry: well, and the people and pets and.. :cry: everything...?

Return to “General Discussion”