We're starting a wiki! Who wants to help contribute?

Talk about all things Astro Boy!
Astro Forever
Administrator

Postby Astro Forever » 12 years ago

But why couldn't we have our own wiki too? ;) Ours is meant to replace this site (not the forum, but the other information). In fact, both wikis started at around the same time, independently, and we were unaware of what the other was doing. We're probably going to end up covering Astro much more in depth anyway.

F-Man also said recently that the Tezuka wiki project had come to a halt after somebody quit. :confused:

Bigdog
Rocket Ball Champion

Postby Bigdog » 12 years ago

"Astro Forever" wrote:But why couldn't we have our own wiki too? ;) Ours is meant to replace this site (not the forum, but the other information). In fact, both wikis started at around the same time, independently, and we were unaware of what the other was doing. We're probably going to end up covering Astro much more in depth anyway.

F-Man also said recently that the Tezuka wiki project had come to a halt after somebody quit. :confused:

Centralized information makes it more convenient for people to search for Astro Boy related/Tezuka related info like a library ,you see? The downside is hacking would bring it all down and everyone would be screwed which happened with Japan Hero that folded. I can see where it would be great to have one dedicate to Astro Boy himself , but I have this gut feeling that a committee with both AB-Online and TIE working side by side for an Astro wiki which would be tied to the TIE site and this forum would be a godsend. The man power common to both sites alongside other talents like the girl who wrote about the NOW comics , the VAs of Astro Boy 1980 and other things would enrich a potential wiki.

I mean contributing to the TIE site since they abandoned the wiki and focused more on their site and if you want to go along with the wiki, why not go to the pond and link/reference to it for its golden pot of information?

jeffbert
Minister of Science

Postby jeffbert » 12 years ago

I think that because this site was essentially made to cover the 1980s series, it should at least focus on that, rather than expand coverage to all versions. Granted, I myself make image-laden threads here about the B&W version, & answer questions about them, but those have only a tiny fraction of the effort I expended to make the episode 'reviews' on T in E. I suppose I started over there because I was invited to do so, but I really cannot recall how it happened. Anyway, I am the guy with the most in-depth knowledge on MIGHTY ATOM, so I would be busy with content on both sites + working on my book. :cry: Too much! I have been tempted to critique the efforts here, but have not done much because I did not want to offend anyone.

As far as that goes, I would gladly offer critique if asked for it. :astro:

Lalapalooza
Kokoro Robot

Astro Boy Wiki

Postby Lalapalooza » 12 years ago

I like the idea. Want to join. Won't let anything hold me down. If there are still people like me who love the story so much that they are willing to search it to the fullest, then I say help save them the trouble.

But instead you should include all the main characters and main bad guys from 1960's - on. Because there are bound to be more. :whistling: and include them in the wiki. Then someone should put in an "Other Character's" page to talk about the other lovable characters and evil fiends. Link them all together and see if we can add it to this page. A lot of work can be done if we allow people to put in and fix up what we have written to add more or less to our things. We should also keep a news on what's going on with the Astro/Tezuka world because quite frankly, even I would like to know about that.

I know it sounds hard, but it is not impossible. And with a lot of people helping, it can be done.

Murasaki
Kokoro Robot

Postby Murasaki » 12 years ago

I might as well throw my hat into the race, for all I know I may actually be able to fill in any gaps.

Astro Forever
Administrator

Postby Astro Forever » 12 years ago

You are both in. Sorry, Lalapalooza, I was 100% sure I had already added you when you asked a few days ago. Ooops! :blush:

Murasaki
Kokoro Robot

Postby Murasaki » 12 years ago

Great, I'll await further information.

Gotta Love ASTRO BOY
Cosmic Ranger

Postby Gotta Love ASTRO BOY » 12 years ago

I know this is sortta late to be asking, but can I help with the wiki for a few days? (I have to start school again soon)

Novacain
Beyond the Stars

Postby Novacain » 12 years ago

"Gotta Love ASTRO BOY" wrote:I know this is sortta late to be asking, but can I help with the wiki for a few days? (I have to start school again soon)

Should be good to go :)

Gotta Love ASTRO BOY
Cosmic Ranger

Postby Gotta Love ASTRO BOY » 12 years ago

@Novi: I'm sorry Novi I don't think I can do it. Sorry for making you do all that :(

Return to “Astro Boy Discussion”