Robot President

Postby ASTROBUDDY » 12 years ago

"jeffbert" wrote:THE DATE AS GIVEN:
January 1, 1966
Saturday 19:00 - 19:30

What if the "big lips guy" is:

[attachment=]1496[/attachment]
Kentaro (as seem in #129)?

Ed Sullivan was a bit before my time, as I was very young. I think I have seen clips from the Beatles' appearances on his show, though.

Yes, thank you. Like what I thought when I saw the one who is patterned after Paul, yet there is an element of the familiar and it goes with Tezuka's character quest starring in the episode as one of the Beatles. I am not sure but I believe there are attributes of other Tezuka characters in the other members of this ersatz Beatles group. All in all, an interesting episode. It shows you what creative imaginations were behind Tezuka and the people who were at Mushi Pro. at the time. I feel that sometimes the original series and those that collaborated to produce the classic series as it is, both in the Japanese original and in the American adaptation are under appreciated.
Thank you for letting the rest of us see the rest of these classic episodes of a classic character. Our favorite hero, Astro Boy!

I :heart: :astro: :)
Last edited by ASTROBUDDY on Mon Apr 09, 2012 3:44 am, edited 1 time in total.

jeffbert
Minister of Science

Postby jeffbert » 12 years ago

You are welcome, ASTROBUDDY.

Astro Forever
Administrator

Postby Astro Forever » 12 years ago

Oh another thank your from me, jeffbert and the others who contributed! I hadn't had the time yet to read the topic, but this was hilarious! Can't believe the Beatles made it in that show!!! :w00t:

jeffbert
Minister of Science

:p

AprilSeven
Silent Song

Postby AprilSeven » 12 years ago

Jeffbert/Astrobuddy, I completely agree with you!! I'm not familar with Kentaro - but that's DEFINITELY who is one of the "Fake Fab Four."

I really, really enjoy seeing these episodes that include Cobalt and Chi-tan. The "Tetsuwan Kids" as a group bring another whole dimension to Astro's story.

Slightly off topic . . . I can't hope but notice that Cobalt actually more closely resembles Tenma (physically) - tall, skinny, "beady" dark eyes - and his nose is a different shape from the other children. Hmmm . . . if Atom was 4'6" I wonder how tall Cobalt is supposed to be?
Last edited by AprilSeven on Mon Apr 09, 2012 9:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Image Sig artwork by Alittleacorn!

jeffbert
Minister of Science

i DID NOT NOTICE ANY RESEMBLANCE BETWEEN C & T. :hyo: I never even thought about it.

Tetsuwan Penguin
Robot Revolutionary

Postby Tetsuwan Penguin » 11 years ago

I just saw this from a link in another thread. This is another RARE thing for the 1960's show, both Astro and Cobalt are DRESSED!. BTW the guy with the 'lips' looks like a recycled star system character who was in the episodes 'colossus/frankenstein' as well as 'memory day'.

jeffbert
Minister of Science

Postby jeffbert » 11 years ago

That guy identified himself as Kentaro/Mo Trouble in the beginning of #93, Cobalt / 84 Brother Jetto; & yes, he is the same actor.

Tetsuwan Penguin
Robot Revolutionary

Postby Tetsuwan Penguin » 11 years ago

"AprilSeven" wrote:Jeffbert/Astrobuddy, if Atom was 4'6" I wonder how tall Cobalt is supposed to be?

I've seen various references to Atom's height/weight. In Atom Cat there is a scene where Dr. Tenma is measuring him and states he's 120 cm tall, (just under 4 feet). Also there is a scene in either the Manga or one of the Anime's where Dr. Ochanomizu has him stuffed into a suitcase which gets weighed at 67 lbs.

Tetsuwan Penguin
Robot Revolutionary

Postby Tetsuwan Penguin » 10 years ago

Amazing! Except for the very last scene Astro kept his clothing on! And Cobalt always was dressed. What was Tezuka thinking?
[sigpic][/sigpic]Image

:tenma: I'm on Fanfiction.net as Tetsuwan Penguin. Please check out some of the other stories I've written! ;)
https://www.fanfiction.net/u/4672860/Tetsuwan-Penguin

I can also be found on Deviant Art http://tetsuwanpenguin.deviantart.com/

My home page
http://scharkalvin.weebly.com/about-me.html

Return to “Astro Boy Discussion”