Off topic discussion.
Little Brown Fox
On a Flight into Space

OH MY GOD

Postby Little Brown Fox » 10 years ago

You guys
you guys
Imagi
you know, the people who made that TMNT movie? and that Astro Boy movie?
I have just found out that they were planning a Zelda movie
but the idea got scrapped because they couldn’t obtain movie rights

………
*distant shrieking*

http://youtu.be/hPQuh_9481w

Edit: Oh jeez, so I actually finished watching this. Link's hair is kinda emo- a detail that I could easily live with, if he didn't look so much like a woman.

Ganon is too man-pretty, and not nearly... uh... Ganon-y enough.

If Nintendo let this happen, with the choices they seem to have made thus far, things would probably suck. If Nintendo actually bothered to get off of their high horse and cooperate with Imagi, then it could've been changed to suit both companies standards, and may have even been beautiful- in fact, depending on the original plan for release, it could have been a saving grace for the beleaguered animation studio.
Last edited by Little Brown Fox on Tue Aug 06, 2013 2:06 am, edited 1 time in total.
lolwut

Earthshine

Postby Earthshine » 10 years ago

Uhg... they have LOTS of plans in the movie industry. The stupid Dragon Ball movie was theorized for I think almost a decade before it was even cast.

Juanita
On a Flight into Space

Postby Juanita » 10 years ago

I'm so glad this didn't happen. °-°

Why does Gannon have Link's hair? Why is Link an emo? What would've happened if that tried to give him a voice? Ugh
Imagi had the potential to be a good animation studio, but with the recent writers and designers they hired they were bound to fail sooner or later. I mean, it's not impossible to design the characters like how they're supposed to look. Nintendo did it in every single game after all.
But yeah. Seriously glad this didn't happen. We wouldn't want something like the 80s cartoon would we?

AprilSeven
Silent Song

Postby AprilSeven » 10 years ago

I don't know about Zelda or Dragon Ball, but WHY haven't we heard any more about PLUTO?? That was originally supposed to come out NEXT YEAR.

grrrrrrrrr . . .
Image Sig artwork by Alittleacorn!

F-Man
On a Flight into Space

Postby F-Man » 10 years ago

"AprilSeven" wrote:I don't know about Zelda or Dragon Ball, but WHY haven't we heard any more about PLUTO?? That was originally supposed to come out NEXT YEAR.

grrrrrrrrr . . .

They never said anything about a year. Considering Illumination's schedule of upcoming movies and the rate they're cranking them out, my initial estimate was 2018, but now it's looking more like it'll be even later than that.
I'm on Twitter.

Earthshine

All in due time. The movie industry is very tricky and really wild. It's much harder to make movies today than it was in years long past despite the fact that our movie releases are more frequent.

You have to have a concept approved then a script, someone willing to back that script, a company willing to have it tied to their name, people willing to fund it, a director willing to stick with it and a slew of other essential people before even the thought of casting it comes up. Casting the actors is actually pretty late in the game for making movies, especially unknown 'scripts' that might not go over so well for a large audience.

I'm currently excited that one of my favorite book series; Pure by Julianna Baggot is going to be a movie but I know that it'll be YEARS before it's even out on the table.

Dante69
Rocket Ball Champion

Postby Dante69 » 10 years ago

I love Zelda, and if I have learned anything, it is that eventually something like this will happen. Sadly there is a BIG chance it will be terrible. I mean they made a T.V show for a bit. Actually, I have only heard of it, I might go try to find it. I know it will be bad, but I kinda want to see how bad.
:tenma: :astro: :o cha: LOL

Earthshine

"Dante69" wrote:I love Zelda, and if I have learned anything, it is that eventually something like this will happen. Sadly there is a BIG chance it will be terrible. I mean they made a T.V show for a bit. Actually, I have only heard of it, I might go try to find it. I know it will be bad, but I kinda want to see how bad.

Oh it's so bad it's good. You can probably find it on youtube, and right now it's free on Xfinity/Comcast On Demand. You could also probably find it on Netflix or Hulu.

But yes, any live action film they make is probably going to suck really bad.

Dante69
Rocket Ball Champion

Postby Dante69 » 10 years ago

LOL! Oh, that made my day! LOL! The series was such a bad idea; I just saw the first episode.
:tenma: :astro: :o cha: LOL

Earthshine

Yeeeah! So bad it's good, like indie films such as Sharknado and Birdemic.

Return to “General Discussion”