rough drafts of my charactars

Off topic discussion.
toxicXheart
Metro City Citizen

rough drafts of my charactars

Postby toxicXheart » 10 years ago

I'm mainly posting these for avatargirl because she said she would be interested in seeing them.
so these are characters for my graphic novel I've been working on for over a year now.(yes I was inspired by tezukas work to make it) I also made it because I thought it would be good to have a strong female main character. I guess I wanted to create something that sends a positive message to people about certain problems of humanity like sexism, bullying, abuse of all kinds, war ect(you get the point)so I hope that one day people can get something out of it.

I decided to draw this in the drawing style of how comics and cartoons were made over 70 years ago with my own style mixed in(I am a huge history nerd and watch a lot of silent movies and movies from the 30s-70s)Not only was I inspired by, not only Tezuka, but Mae West :heart: , Lucille Ball, My Grandmothers, My and my Father.

Any way the story takes place in what people thought the future would have looked like in the 1910s mixed with the 1930s-50s. There was a war between I don't know yet but it had something to do with a super computer/robot ZERO who is the 'bad' guy. Lillian, a 23 year old genius is asked to build a machine in ZEROs place, this new machine is called ANGEL computer and seemingly ceases the war, however Lillian was asked to build another machine and this secret project had some type of connection to the ANGEL computer. The secret project was never finished because Lillian 'commited suicide and her younger sister Lucy decides to take over the project and this project turns out to be a robot who is supposed to protect the earth. This robot was made to look like a 13 year old girl who is named Lithium.(I decided to give Lithium a style based of that from around the 1910s) She uses solar and electrical energy. She's an extremely advanced robot that has a carbon dioxide fueled laser cannon. She can fly by having built in rockets that use solar and electric energies and can scan anything(also contains GPS) If hacked or used in a negative manner such as being hooked up to ZERO , can transform into an extremely dangerous and powerful weapon. Lithium is capable of human emotions, she can hack into anything since she is basically part of the ANGEL computer(the angel computer is ver important to humans and acts like the earths security system, it is called the angel computer because it looks like a giant digital angel thing, as opposed to zero who looks like a demon Android)
Lithium can with stand high amounts of pressure, heat, dangerous chemicals and radiation. Her synthetic skin and hair is made of special materials which makes it virtually impossible to destroy. She is a sweet charming robot who acts mature but immature as well. She's very caring and considerate, however can come off as bossy and a "smart ass".
Lithium is both girly and a Tom boy. She enjoys rollerskating(a favorite among the children of a hundred years ago), read, fight, play the harp, sing and fly. She resides living with Lucy, Isis and her brother Mercury.

Lucy is a super genius like her older sister Lillian. Lucy is quiet.

Isis is a 18 year old boy who wants to be a robotics engineer. He stole Lithium's blue prints to make Mercury. Lucy found out and then Lithium convinces her to forgive him. Lucy decides to take him under his wing. Isis smokes.

Mercury was built by Isis. Mercury is supposed to look like a 4-5 year old. Unlike Lithium, he is more human, he has the ability to sense the
emotions of any living thing(empithetic). He also is less powerful than his older sister.He has the strength and sensitivity as a normal four year old. He's very sensitive and bubbly. He doesn't like pain or like seeing anyone in pain especially his lived ones, and cute. He has a wider span of emotions than Lithium.

That's about all I have. I had to do alot of research on robotics, computers, and such. There is more but I don't want to type all of that is not necessary. ;)
[sigpic][/sigpic] :heart: :astro: :heart: :astro: :heart: :astro: :heart:

toxicXheart
Metro City Citizen

Lithium
Attachments
WP_000012.jpg
WP_000012.jpg (23.41 KiB) Viewed 3018 times

toxicXheart
Metro City Citizen

More lithium
Attachments
WP_000026.jpg
WP_000026.jpg (24.08 KiB) Viewed 3020 times
WP_000013.jpg
WP_000013.jpg (25.13 KiB) Viewed 3020 times

toxicXheart
Metro City Citizen

Isis
Attachments
WP_000015.jpg
WP_000015.jpg (21.05 KiB) Viewed 3018 times
WP_000014.jpg
WP_000014.jpg (15.32 KiB) Viewed 3019 times
Last edited by toxicXheart on Tue Nov 12, 2013 3:12 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: forgot the picture

toxicXheart
Metro City Citizen

Mercury<3
Attachments
WP_000021.jpg
WP_000021.jpg (15.59 KiB) Viewed 3018 times
WP_000016.jpg
WP_000016.jpg (26.32 KiB) Viewed 3020 times

toxicXheart
Metro City Citizen

I just realized that there are a bunch of typos....I'm not changing it though...too much work

Windswept Cloak
Banned
Location: Sitting at my desk, surrounded by books and papers.

Postby Windswept Cloak » 10 years ago

Hey you draw well! I could learn a lot from your pictures! :)
I joined this forum in late 2013 when I was 15 going on 16. Ignore my oldest posts, they embarrass me so much that I've considered permanantly leaving the forum more than once. I've grown out of my fangirling phase over Black Jack, Atom and Uran ages ago but the memories still embarrass me at times... :unsure: Though, I try to be more open-minded about it and accept it as an "interesting stage of my life". :tezuka:

toxicXheart
Metro City Citizen

Aww thanks, you're drawings are good too. I tried to make my characters look old timey

Dante69
Rocket Ball Champion

Postby Dante69 » 10 years ago

These are good ToxicXheart! I suppose I say that to everyone since I can't even draw half that good, but it does not mean I am lying.
:tenma: :astro: :o cha: LOL

toxicXheart
Metro City Citizen

aww thanks

Thank you, can you tell I erase alot even on my rough drafts :blush:

"Dante69" wrote:These are good ToxicXheart! I suppose I say that to everyone since I can't even draw half that good, but it does not mean I am lying.

Return to “General Discussion”