What's the best cartoon you've ever seen?

Off topic discussion.
Juanita
On a Flight into Space

Postby Juanita » 10 years ago

Thank you for proving my point.

Anyway, back on topic! Secret if Kells is an amazingly animated movie that mixes Celtic mythology and the story of the famous Book of Kells into a captivating fantasy adventure. Definitely one of my favorites. I'd recommend it to anyone.

tailz
Banned

Postby tailz » 10 years ago

I am not proving your point at all. But the fact that you are trying to hide your :d evil: -ish nature is just disgusting and down right dirty if you ask me. I should throw more scalpels at you, but I am sick and tired of wasting my time arguing with you. (And also, I am not going to waste my scalpels to throw at you, as I use these medical tools to cut open patients of mines.) Everyone has their own opinions about things and I understand that, but you starting something about cartoons vs. anime is ridiculous and babyish if you ask me. I was never trying to start a fight or argument with you, I was simply just stating that to me "Anime" is anime and "Cartoons" is cartoons. Remember what I said about us Otakus? they are something entirely different compared to cartoons. We Otakus cherish anime and manga like it's God. :lol: However, I still see little similarties between them, the artwork is entirely different, music, stories, voice cast and such. Animes have more serious tones, feel, and touch to it. Anime is more mature and direct. So, I personally don't care what you think.To me, Anime is anime (not cartoons. There's a difference here.) And that's all it will ever be. Anime. (It's called anime for a reason, dude. Not cartoons.)

(I was trying to be as nice as I could while having this discussion with you, that was more like an endless battle with no winners. But, apparently, it ended up with my feelings getting hurt and you hurting me. As I thought that this was supposed to be a friendly community. Guess I was wrong. :( :cry: )

but you really hurt my feelings, and as of now. I am literally shaking to death, and am starting to go insane. I may have to abandon the forums and never return because of what you said to me. It really hurted my feelings. :( That is all. End of story. Good Bye........................................................

*Leaves thread for good*

Last edited by tailz on Tue Mar 25, 2014 2:08 am, edited 7 times in total.
Reason: Good Bye. :)
Hello! If you wish to speak with me on other sites then Follow me on these sites below:

http://my.desktopnexus.com/tailz/

http://www.aimini.net/look/?pid=d24TGUDedhOYX1QAcgzS

http://nanonanopudding.deviantart.com/

Keep in mind that I do Not own theses sites. These sites belong to their rightful owners. Thank you. :)

My fansite:http://blackjackpudding.webs.com/apps/profile/84233730/

[sigpic][/sigpic]

I love 初音ミク :heart:

F-Man
On a Flight into Space

Postby F-Man » 10 years ago

"SOPikaMeowMeow" wrote:Thank you for proving my point.

Anyway, back on topic! Secret if Kells is an amazingly animated movie that mixes Celtic mythology and the story of the famous Book of Kells into a captivating fantasy adventure. Definitely one of my favorites. I'd recommend it to anyone.

Oh yes, one of my favorites as well. So magnificent in every way.
I'm on Twitter.

Earthshine

Postby Earthshine » 10 years ago

I loved Kells! Didn't the same person that made that movie make another animated feature last year? What was it called again?

Juanita
On a Flight into Space

I am not proving your point at all.

Actually, yes you are. I can tell you didn't read any of what I just posted. You completely ignored every bit of fact and evidence I used to prove my point because you "don't care what [I] think." The literal definition of an animated cartoon is
:a motion picture that is made from a series of drawings, computer graphics, or photographs of inanimate objects (as puppets) and that simulates movement by slight progressive changes in each frame" - Merriam-Webster Dictionary. Take away the part about puppets, and that is literally what anime is. It's not my opinion. It's fact. You might believe the sky is polka-dotted but it's not no matter how much you think it is (and I'm not saying you actually think that's the color of the sky so don't try to take it out of context). You choose to ignore the fact that even JAPANESE PEOPLE (the inhabitants of the land where anime was born) know that anime is just a form of cartoon.
But the fact that you are trying to hide your :d evil: -ish nature is just disgusting and down right dirty if you ask me.
I didn't realize I wasn't allowed to share my thoughts and prove my points with facts and quotes. I didn't realize I wasn't allowed to point out contradictory statements and defend people who like things you don't. I didn't realize I wasn't allowed to defend myself from insults thrown at me for no reason. I didn't realize that recognizing faults in things I like and not being in denial about it was so devilish in nature. Clearly I am the spawn of Satan.
Would you mind explaining this to me? Because I don't understand what you're getting at with this.

We Otakus cherish anime and manga like it's God.
Not even people from the country you worship act that way. (And if they do they are looked down upon by society. Kind of like bronies are in America. Again, I'm not personally insulting you. I'm not insulting anyone really. Just stating what is true.)

(I was trying to be as nice as I could while having this discussion with you, that was more like an endless battle with no winners. But, apparently, it ended up with my feelings getting hurt and you hurting me. As I thought that this was supposed to be a friendly community. Guess I was wrong. )

but you really hurt my feelings, and as of now. I am literally shaking to death, and am starting to go insane. I may have to abandon the forums and never return because of what you said to me.

Telling me I'm probably an immature 10-11 year old because I like to watch cartoons for fun is not being nice at all. I didn't insult you that whole time and you just start insulting me for absolutely no reason. And don't think I didn't notice you editing that comment to make my post sound more malicious after I had already posted it. I did. Sorry if I sound harsh, but I'm pretty upset that you don't even address anything I say and then try to make it seem like I'm a big bully while twisting my words. That is not nice in the slightest.
Also, if people having different opinions than you and defending themselves makes you go insane you need to find someone to talk to. I'm not even joking. That's not healthy, and you need to find some serious help for that. I know you've got people here who obviously connect well with. Maybe they can help you calm down.
Last edited by Juanita on Tue Mar 25, 2014 2:51 am, edited 1 time in total.

Windswept Cloak
Banned
Location: Sitting at my desk, surrounded by books and papers.

Postby Windswept Cloak » 10 years ago

I typically only like the oldschool "cartoons". :) I'm not really into the new ones. As for anime, well, let's just say I like it but I find lots of the mainstream ones like One Piece pretty silly. But I do love Studio Ghibli and Osamu Tezuka and such! ;)
I joined this forum in late 2013 when I was 15 going on 16. Ignore my oldest posts, they embarrass me so much that I've considered permanantly leaving the forum more than once. I've grown out of my fangirling phase over Black Jack, Atom and Uran ages ago but the memories still embarrass me at times... :unsure: Though, I try to be more open-minded about it and accept it as an "interesting stage of my life". :tezuka:

Earthshine

SOPikaMeowMeow is right Tailz, they never once insulted you or tried to 'convert' you into liking cartoons. They were merely discussing the topic on hand (that you started) and used facts to clarify what they meant.

You may LOVE anime, and that is great, but to insist that there is a clear difference over one thing over another when there really isn't is going to bring you trouble. You will also run into trouble if you simply refuse to like something just because 'it isn't anime'. That limits what you can experience in this amazing world, especially in the amazing world of animation.

I'm sorry that you are feeling upset and are feeling like you were attacked upon, you really were not being attacked.

I hope you manage to calm down and realize that no one here is trying to convert you into liking Western animation, and no one here is trying to attack you.

Windswept Cloak
Banned
Location: Sitting at my desk, surrounded by books and papers.

Postby Windswept Cloak » 10 years ago

Anime are in fact "Japanese cartoons", it's just that Western "cartoons" and Japanese "Cartoons" give off a completely different style, that's all. :) I personally like the Japanese ones better. :lol: Though I don't hate western animation either. It depends on what it's about. Take "anime" for example, I can't get into stuff like Naruto and Bleach but I like just about EVERY Tezuka "anime" there is. :)

My opinions on "Don Dracula": There may be "silly parts" but the manga actually gives off some pretty deep meanings, so I still read it. And I've got to say, I actually like it. :) Never seen the animated version though.
I joined this forum in late 2013 when I was 15 going on 16. Ignore my oldest posts, they embarrass me so much that I've considered permanantly leaving the forum more than once. I've grown out of my fangirling phase over Black Jack, Atom and Uran ages ago but the memories still embarrass me at times... :unsure: Though, I try to be more open-minded about it and accept it as an "interesting stage of my life". :tezuka:

Juanita
On a Flight into Space

Thank you. Thank you. Thank you. I'm glad other people agree with me.

@Tailz - I don't care of anyone does or doesn't like anime or even cartoons in general, but to attack people for it is ridiculous. I was simply trying to shed some light on the subject at hand. If you had said what Kuo-Yi said this whole thing could have been avoided. Please stop taking my words out of context and insulting me for stating fact. You might not like the fact, but it's still fact.

Earthshine

Precisely. The two have different drawing styles and typically a color pallet and frame rate (anime usually has a slower frame rate I believe, could be wrong) but they are still cartoons.

It's like breeds of dogs. A border collie and a golden retriever are different, but they are both dogs. Some people like border collies over goldies, and sometimes it's the other way around. But just because you like one better doesn't make it innately superior to the other dog. I happen to like both!

Return to “General Discussion”