What's the best cartoon you've ever seen?

Off topic discussion.
Earthshine

Postby Earthshine » 10 years ago

It's an animation that was made back in 2009 under the name of The Secret of Kells. It's about the famed book of Kells and its assumed author. The story takes place in Kells Abby in Ireland during a time of turmoil when 'Vikings' were plundering and murdering, in this story Kells is a stronghold which is a stand against the marauders along with young Brendan. Brendan is the protagonist who goes on an artistic journey with the book to bring hope to his people.

It's beautifully animated with a beautiful color pallet and style.

click for spoilerImage

I put these in a spoiler tag because the images are huge.

Juanita
On a Flight into Space

Postby Juanita » 10 years ago

I love how they tried to make the art style resemble the stylistic art in the actual book of Kells.

How do you do spoilers? I was going to put a sentence under it but I couldn't find it.

Earthshine

The tags are new, maybe I should make a thread about them or something.

The syntax is; [ spoiler ] your text [ / spoiler ] with no spaces.

Windswept Cloak
Banned
Location: Sitting at my desk, surrounded by books and papers.

Postby Windswept Cloak » 10 years ago

Wow! The backrounds do look pretty good. :)
I joined this forum in late 2013 when I was 15 going on 16. Ignore my oldest posts, they embarrass me so much that I've considered permanantly leaving the forum more than once. I've grown out of my fangirling phase over Black Jack, Atom and Uran ages ago but the memories still embarrass me at times... :unsure: Though, I try to be more open-minded about it and accept it as an "interesting stage of my life". :tezuka:

Earthshine

I really do hope that this animation studio makes another film. I'm sure that it's not going to have anything to do with Kells but I just love that animation style.

Windswept Cloak
Banned

It does look pretty great, yeah. :) Maybe I'll watch it sometime. ;)
I joined this forum in late 2013 when I was 15 going on 16. Ignore my oldest posts, they embarrass me so much that I've considered permanantly leaving the forum more than once. I've grown out of my fangirling phase over Black Jack, Atom and Uran ages ago but the memories still embarrass me at times... :unsure: Though, I try to be more open-minded about it and accept it as an "interesting stage of my life". :tezuka:

Tetsuwan Atom
Robot President

Postby Tetsuwan Atom » 10 years ago

"tailz" wrote:Yeah, but they are typically called "Japanese Cartoons". Wait a second, they are called Japanese Cartoons for a reason; That's what makes it anime! :lol:

Anime is better in my opinion. Cartoons are just plain silly, ridiculous, and stupid. I just can't stand them. But, One Piece and Naruto are about the same as those western cartoons (Especially one piece, but a lot of people like that show cause of the humor.)
oioioi what are u saying if your going to rant on these series at least get your facts right One Piece and Naruto are still about serious themes and when you really look at it many of Tezuka's creations are alot less mature then some of the stuff that goes on in One Piece and Naruto and other modern shonen so it doesn't really make much sense.

O i notice just now you have been banned tailz ... that wasn't necessary for the sake of provoking your opinion on this and some other stuff that wasn't even right, that's pretty immature if you ask me but i would at least give her another change since it wasn't downright bad or anything.
Last edited by Tetsuwan Atom on Wed Mar 26, 2014 9:14 am, edited 4 times in total.

Osamu Tezuka God of Manga Father of Anime RIP 1928-1989
http://www.youtube.com/user/TheAnimeNewsNetwork1?feature=mhum

Windswept Cloak
Banned

"Tetsuwan Atom" wrote:[QUOTE=tailz;223304]Yeah, but they are typically called "Japanese Cartoons". Wait a second, they are called Japanese Cartoons for a reason; That's what makes it anime! :lol:

Anime is better in my opinion. Cartoons are just plain silly, ridiculous, and stupid. I just can't stand them. But, One Piece and Naruto are about the same as those western cartoons (Especially one piece, but a lot of people like that show cause of the humor.)
oioioi what are u saying if your going to rant on these series at least get your facts right One Piece and Naruto are still about serious themes and when you really look at it many of Tezuka's creations are alot less mature then some of the stuff that goes on in One Piece and Naruto and other modern shonen so it doesn't really make much sense.

O i notice just now you have been banned tailz ... that wasn't necessary for the sake of provoking your opinion on this and some other stuff that wasn't even right, that's pretty immature if you ask me but i would at least give her another change since it wasn't downright bad or anything.[/QUOTE]

That's true. (About the manga stuff.) While I dislike Naruto and One Piece, I can't say they're 100% bad. :) And the stuff in Tezuka manga isn't always 100% good, like how he always lets Wato Chiyoko get involved in minor-sexual themes. But still it's not as bad as what you get in lots of anime nowadays. And cartoons. But I still must say, I prefer Tezuka, Ghibli, Shinkai Makoto, and classic cartoons and such over most animations.
Last edited by Windswept Cloak on Wed Mar 26, 2014 9:14 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Juanita
On a Flight into Space

Postby Juanita » 10 years ago

She was harassing me for no reason and trying to make me look as though I was "devil-ish" while disrespecting people who enjoy watching cartoons.
Also, she's been rude to many people before this.

Windswept Cloak
Banned

She's apologized on other site. I had a little chat with her. :) She says she hopes we understand she's sorry.

Return to “General Discussion”