What's the best cartoon you've ever seen?

Off topic discussion.
Juanita
On a Flight into Space

Postby Juanita » 10 years ago

I don't think I saw that one, so my bad. They are pretty clever to fit in things like that :p
Honestly though most kids won't even get the joke, and if they do... That's not really the show'a fault. It's the parents' or the kid's friends or whoever/whatever exposed them to the joke in the first place. I think people should ask "why is this joke in the show?" less and "why does this child get the joke in the first place?" If it's hidden well enough only people old enough to get the joke should get it.
Sorry. I ranted.

Earthshine

Postby Earthshine » 10 years ago

It's okay to rant, we all do from time to time.

I think the joke was put in there not for the kids watching the show but more for the audience that are teenagers and even adults. Cartoon writers know when they have an audience that's not just what they were intended to have, and it's always in their best interest to try and appeal to all demographics when writing for a show (so long as network executives will allow it).

They could have also just WANTED to put it in there for kicks regardless of what executives said.

Juanita
On a Flight into Space

Cromartie High School is the funniest anime I have seen (so far). I love all the characters, especially this guy:
click for spoilerImage Can you guess his name? (It's Freddie)
There's not much of a plot, but some jokes rely on previous episodes for context so I'd watch them in order. I also prefer the English dub. I tried watching the sub and it just wasn't as funny. There's only 26 episodes, and they're around 10 mins. Warning for some language.

Earthshine

:lol: I remember seeing bits and pieces of this anime! It was hilarious and so random!

MrsEclipse
Rocket Ball Champion

Postby MrsEclipse » 10 years ago

Oh, man, my brother loves Cromartie High. I think it's kind of like Azumanga Daioh except with delinquent boys instead of regular girls. I really empathize with the main character because I was in a similar situation for a while (a non-delinquent in a school almost exclusively for delinquents) so I love watching him interact with all of them. I also love the robot that doesn't seem to know it's a robot and nobody wants to be the one to point it out. We also have some of the comics, so when the first episode keeps saying "If you want to hear more about this, read the comic!" we can actually look it up. XD
Baby, don't let it slip, it's a once in a lifetime ship and it's never gonna come again...

Juanita
On a Flight into Space

I personally think it's funnier than Azumanga Daioh, though that one still is pretty funny. The voice actors for CHS (in English) do a great job of making the lines extra funny. I marathoned the series yesterday :p

Windswept Cloak
Banned
Location: Sitting at my desk, surrounded by books and papers.

Postby Windswept Cloak » 10 years ago

Hmm, I'm not such a big fan of random-ish anime, believe me, I'm pretty picky when it comes to anime and cartoons. :lol: That's why I prefer more "serious" stuff like Studio Ghibli and such. ;)
I joined this forum in late 2013 when I was 15 going on 16. Ignore my oldest posts, they embarrass me so much that I've considered permanantly leaving the forum more than once. I've grown out of my fangirling phase over Black Jack, Atom and Uran ages ago but the memories still embarrass me at times... :unsure: Though, I try to be more open-minded about it and accept it as an "interesting stage of my life". :tezuka:

Juanita
On a Flight into Space

Well if you're ever looking for a laugh I'd check it out. By far the funniest anime I've ever seen.

Windswept Cloak
Banned
Location: Sitting at my desk, surrounded by books and papers.

Postby Windswept Cloak » 10 years ago

Maybe. :lol:
I joined this forum in late 2013 when I was 15 going on 16. Ignore my oldest posts, they embarrass me so much that I've considered permanantly leaving the forum more than once. I've grown out of my fangirling phase over Black Jack, Atom and Uran ages ago but the memories still embarrass me at times... :unsure: Though, I try to be more open-minded about it and accept it as an "interesting stage of my life". :tezuka:

Earthshine

I'm the same as you Kuo-Yi. I prefer more serious stories in general so random anime and cartoons put me off. I wouldn't say that I'm a fan of this anime really but it was good for a laugh. :lol:

Return to “General Discussion”