The Chillin' Lounge

Off topic discussion.
Tetsuwan Penguin
Robot Revolutionary

Postby Tetsuwan Penguin » 10 years ago

"SOPikaMeowMeow" wrote:I don't understand why anyone would want to even try smoking. It smells gross, it probably tastes gross, and it's detrimental to one's health.

A former supervisor of mine at work used to say "There are only two kinds of people that smoke; Stupid people, and people that are on fire."
[sigpic][/sigpic]Image

:tenma: I'm on Fanfiction.net as Tetsuwan Penguin. Please check out some of the other stories I've written! ;)
https://www.fanfiction.net/u/4672860/Tetsuwan-Penguin

I can also be found on Deviant Art http://tetsuwanpenguin.deviantart.com/

My home page
http://scharkalvin.weebly.com/about-me.html

Juanita
On a Flight into Space

Postby Juanita » 10 years ago

I'm half Italian, so naturally my family would drink wine with Sunday dinner or special events. I was allowed to taste it, and I hated it. I heard red wine is more bitter than white wine though, and I've only ever had red wine.
A former supervisor of mine at work used to say "There are only two kinds of people that smoke; Stupid people, and people that are on fire."

True.

Earthshine

Postby Earthshine » 10 years ago

I don't mind drinking as long as it's not abused to the point of being drunk, I myself don't mind some alcohols but the taste overall doesn't appeal to me. As such the only alcohols I have enjoyed have been red wines and merlots and some wine-coolers. Any more potent than those and I start heaving.

I cannot think of a more fitting saying for a smoker than that Testu. I really don't like smoking or smokers and I really wish there was an easy way to get those who are addicted to quit. It's not easy, one of my friends has been trying for over 10 years to quit and has failed miserably every time.

Windswept Cloak
Banned
Location: Sitting at my desk, surrounded by books and papers.

Postby Windswept Cloak » 10 years ago

The very idea of smoking is terrible to me.
I joined this forum in late 2013 when I was 15 going on 16. Ignore my oldest posts, they embarrass me so much that I've considered permanantly leaving the forum more than once. I've grown out of my fangirling phase over Black Jack, Atom and Uran ages ago but the memories still embarrass me at times... :unsure: Though, I try to be more open-minded about it and accept it as an "interesting stage of my life". :tezuka:

Fuzzy Pickles!
Rocket Ball Champion

Postby Fuzzy Pickles! » 10 years ago

"Kuo-Yi" wrote:I never intend to drink wine. Even when I'm 18 I won't touch wine or even beer. :lol:
Not sure about Taiwan, but I do know that in America, you can't drink until twenty-one.

Anyway, I don't care about drinking myself. I'd rather not run into the risk of getting addicted and I don't exactly care for the taste of it either. It's also due to personal reasons I won't bring up.

Earthshine

I weirded out my bio-mom by making a cake without frosting. Sometimes I really don't like the sweetness in frosting, but I'll have a craving for cake, so I'll just make cake and not frosting.

I gave her a slice of cake and she looked at it and then looked at me cock-eyed like "Are you kidding me?" :lol:

:blush: I thought it was tasty cake. It was red velvet, with giant chunks of chocolate shards in it. (I just chopped chunks of chocolate off of a brick of bakers chocolate).

Windswept Cloak
Banned

I can't even MAKE cake :lol:
I joined this forum in late 2013 when I was 15 going on 16. Ignore my oldest posts, they embarrass me so much that I've considered permanantly leaving the forum more than once. I've grown out of my fangirling phase over Black Jack, Atom and Uran ages ago but the memories still embarrass me at times... :unsure: Though, I try to be more open-minded about it and accept it as an "interesting stage of my life". :tezuka:

Earthshine

I learned how a little while ago and now I can't stop.

Oh! Speaking of baking here's a super simple cookie recipe for those who can't bake;

Just buy a box of cake-mix of your choice
Add 2 eggs and 1/2 cup oil to the cake mix in a bowl
Mix it up well.

Preheat your oven to 350 degrees
Shape the mix into little balls and bake on a cookie sheet for 10-12 minutes

You're done! Now you have delicious perfect cookies.
Last edited by Earthshine on Mon Apr 28, 2014 10:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: recipe

Windswept Cloak
Banned

Ah, wish I could, but we don't really have a "kitchen" at home, so I can't bake. :lol:

Windswept Cloak
Banned

Changed my sig pic again! ;) Hope it's not too big, what'd you guys think?

Return to “General Discussion”