Astro Boy Reboot (Future Animated Series)

Talk about all things Astro Boy!
Shiyonasan
Administrator

Postby Shiyonasan » 9 years ago

"F-Man" wrote:[QUOTE=Shiyonasan;226808]Well, we did hear about a new Astro Boy series coming to France not too long ago, did we not?

Where?[/QUOTE]

I think I was thinking of this article, where they say they have plans to dub LAB into French along with other languages in the future. I keep on thinking that they had announced that they would be bringing LAB to France when they just said they would dub LAB into French. My apologies.

EDIT: Whoops. Forgot to put the link in my post. My mind's been jumbled all day from Nintendo coverage at E3. Look at the last big paragraph in this link:
http://www.nikkei.com/article/DGXNASFE0102Q_R00C14A4000000/?df=2
Last edited by Shiyonasan on Wed Jun 11, 2014 2:45 am, edited 3 times in total.

Dante69
Rocket Ball Champion

Postby Dante69 » 9 years ago

Don't mess with me! Not cool to joke about this if it is not real. I still haven't seen the other new series.
:tenma: :astro: :o cha: LOL

F-Man
On a Flight into Space

Postby F-Man » 9 years ago

How is it that some people here have doubts about this? This is an Annecy announcement! From a big French company! (Shibuya Productions is an arm of Shibuya International)

Just follow Shibuya Pro's facebook page for the latest developments.
I'm on Twitter.

Shiyonasan
Administrator

This was just announced on Variety, and confirmed by the General Director from Tezuka Productions. This is definitely official now.

The Variety article notes that:
  • The first teaser will be made available in September.
  • It'll be made up of "26 half-hour segs" which basically means 26 episodes.
  • It'll mix both 2D and CG animation.
  • It'll be targeted towards 8-12 year old kids.
  • It's producers have the right to create a completely new story.
  • As the article says: "The retread will be set in the present and boast a contemporary design, targeting new generations of kids. It will incorporate new characters and combine “positive things from the past version and new elements,” said Biscay."

Variety also says that:

A France-Monaco-Japan co-pro structure is logical enough. On Summit Entertainment’s 2009 “Astro Boy” animated movie, France was one of the five international territories where the movie, released by SND, grossed over $1 million.

Interesting stuff.

EDIT: I know it's not the official title, but I'm renaming this thread "Astro Boy Reboot Discussion" for now. Once an official title is announced, I'll rename the thread with that name.
Last edited by Shiyonasan on Wed Jun 11, 2014 4:55 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Earthshine

Postby Earthshine » 9 years ago

How is it that some people here have doubts about this?

A person cannot possibly know everything. In my case I had no clue what Shibuya was and if it was even legitimate and had no time to do any research to be certain that it was true. It's okay to have a certain amount of caution when it comes to announcements, as there have been several times where someone went through the lengths to falsify an announcement complete with company stamps and illustrations to make it appear that it was real. I was not saying that it was false or untrue just that some more research would have been a good idea, especially when the twitter account in question was so new.

I am however very glad to hear that it is official! I can't wait to hear for more information. So far everything is indeed very interesting. 26 episodes is good run I think and we might even get to see this on DVD/Blu-Ray.

F-Man
On a Flight into Space

Postby F-Man » 9 years ago

"Earthshine" wrote:
How is it that some people here have doubts about this?

A person cannot possibly know everything. In my case I had no clue what Shibuya was and if it was even legitimate and had no time to do any research to be certain that it was true.

I hadn't heard of Shibuya before either but I just can't believe there were at least 4 people who were in a situation where doing 30 seconds of googling was impossible, even after Variety posted an article about this!
Last edited by F-Man on Wed Jun 11, 2014 5:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I'm on Twitter.

Earthshine

Postby Earthshine » 9 years ago

Does that even matter anymore? It's been validated, the research has been done, and the whole fandom has reason to celebrate this amazing news. My caution was not invalidated but rather unnecessary (for which I am glad it was) and believe me I wish I had the ability to do my own research at the time instead of ducking out like that.

Dragonrider1227
Robot Revolutionary

Postby Dragonrider1227 » 9 years ago

I'm fascinated but don't really have much to say until I see more

BigFox8
Rocket Ball Champion

Postby BigFox8 » 9 years ago

Cool! :astro: :tenma: :o cha:
:astro: On YouTube, I am CodeLyokoFan2002. Astro Boy is the cutest robot in town! :astro:

Shiyonasan
Administrator

About one month now until we get a teaser trailer.

With the trailer next month being only a teaser, I wonder if the series will end up coming out early next year. The main thing I'm interesting in seeing is what the animation style is like with the mixed 2D/3D animation. Time will tell I suppose.

Return to “Astro Boy Discussion”