The Chillin' Lounge

Off topic discussion.
Earthshine

Postby Earthshine » 10 years ago

Very very slim but who knows? There might be a resurgence in it considering that action and fantasy as a genre for the mainstream audience is doing so well right now.

Shiyonasan
Administrator

Postby Shiyonasan » 9 years ago

Don't know if anyone's been following E3, but I have to say, Nintendo has knocked it out of the park today. Lots of amazing reveals and an awesome Smash invitational tournament.

Can't wait for the new Smash Bros! Four new characters confirmed today (Mii Fighters, Palutena, Pac-Man, and Mr. Game & Watch), all of which I think will be interesting to try out.

Juanita
On a Flight into Space

Postby Juanita » 9 years ago

I can't wait for SSB!
All the new Zelda stuff looks really cool, but I hope they don't make it all exclusively for the WiiU. I don't have enough money.
Last edited by Juanita on Wed Jun 11, 2014 8:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: My iPod died while I was typing and I didn't know it posted :p

Shiyonasan
Administrator

"SOPikaMeowMeow" wrote:All the new Zelda stuff looks really cool, but I hope they don't make it all exclusively for the WiiU.

Definitely! The new Zelda on Wii U looks gorgeous, and Hyrule Warriors looks interesting. I think it'll be fun to play as Midna in that game.

I'm pretty sure both of those games will indeed be Wii U exclusive. With A Link Between Worlds just having been released on the 3DS a half-year ago, they're probably not gonna release any Zelda stuff on there for a while.

Earthshine

Postby Earthshine » 9 years ago

I am soooo behind in the Zelda games, I'm a life-long fan of the series but the last Zelda game I played was Twilight Princess for the game cube. :lol: Still it makes me smile that it's still popular and is getting attention.

Fuzzy Pickles!
Rocket Ball Champion

Postby Fuzzy Pickles! » 9 years ago

"Shiyonasan" wrote:Don't know if anyone's been following E3, but I have to say, Nintendo has knocked it out of the park today. Lots of amazing reveals and an awesome Smash invitational tournament.

Can't wait for the new Smash Bros! Four new characters confirmed today (Mii Fighters, Palutena, Pac-Man, and Mr. Game & Watch), all of which I think will be interesting to try out.
Technically, it was six. If you look at the trailer for Mii Fighters's confirmation, you'll notice that Sakurai considers Mii Fighters to be separate fighters; making them three individual newcomers for this game.

But yeah, very much enjoyed Nintendo's E3. My favorite part was the Star Fox Wii U announcement, which I absolutely cannot wait to get. I also want to get Splatoon and Yoshi's Wolly World. May also look into the new Zelda as well.

Shiyonasan
Administrator

"astarisborn94" wrote:Technically, it was six. If you look at the trailer for Mii Fighters's confirmation, you'll notice that Sakurai considers Mii Fighters to be separate fighters; making them three individual newcomers for this game.

I suppose you would be right. I listed Mii Fighters as one character since the official Smash Bros. site lists them as one character. So, if you count all three fighting styles of the Mii Fighter, we currently have 35 characters. Otherwise, it's technically just 33 characters. I'm predicting that, unless there's something like another Smash Direct between now and October 3rd, that there's going to be around 40-45 characters. I'd love to be proven wrong with even more characters than that, but I'm doubting it.

But yeah, very much enjoyed Nintendo's E3. My favorite part was the Star Fox Wii U announcement, which I absolutely cannot wait to get. I also want to get Splatoon and Yoshi's Wolly World. May also look into the new Zelda as well.

The new Star Fox announcement was interesting. The only Star Fox related thing that I've played is Star Fox 64 multiplayer, which I only played once over at an old friend's house over a decade ago. I've got to play those games extensively one of those days.

It sounds like Nintendo is also working on two other new projects for the Wii U, which are tentatively called "Project Giant Robot" and "Project Guard". It'll be interesting to hear more about those in the future.

Splatoon looks interesting too. Wouldn't mind trying it out sometime after it's released.

Windswept Cloak
Banned
Location: Sitting at my desk, surrounded by books and papers.

Postby Windswept Cloak » 9 years ago

Changed my avatar, I thought I'd switch to something beautiful that isn't an anime character's face. :)
I joined this forum in late 2013 when I was 15 going on 16. Ignore my oldest posts, they embarrass me so much that I've considered permanantly leaving the forum more than once. I've grown out of my fangirling phase over Black Jack, Atom and Uran ages ago but the memories still embarrass me at times... :unsure: Though, I try to be more open-minded about it and accept it as an "interesting stage of my life". :tezuka:

Earthshine

Postby Earthshine » 9 years ago

Is that an apple?

Juanita
On a Flight into Space

Postby Juanita » 9 years ago

A beautiful apple

Return to “General Discussion”