What's the best cartoon you've ever seen?

Off topic discussion.
Windswept Cloak
Banned
Location: Sitting at my desk, surrounded by books and papers.

Postby Windswept Cloak » 10 years ago

Wonder if anyone else's watched "Adventures of Tintin" before, that would be my favorite classic "cartoon" so far. It's European though, not American. I liked the episode "Blue Lotus" the best, mainly because it was about China. :)
I joined this forum in late 2013 when I was 15 going on 16. Ignore my oldest posts, they embarrass me so much that I've considered permanantly leaving the forum more than once. I've grown out of my fangirling phase over Black Jack, Atom and Uran ages ago but the memories still embarrass me at times... :unsure: Though, I try to be more open-minded about it and accept it as an "interesting stage of my life". :tezuka:

Earthshine

Postby Earthshine » 10 years ago

I've seen a couple episodes of Tintin, they were very enjoyable. I have a friend in Ireland that is really fanatical about this series.

Juanita
On a Flight into Space

Postby Juanita » 9 years ago

I thought some of you guys might be interested in the new miniseries "Over the Garden Wall." From Wiki:
The series centers around two brothers, Wirt and Greg (Elijah Wood and Collin Dean respectively), who become lost in a strange forest called the Unknown. In order to find their way home, the two must travel across the forest, adrift in time...
Much of the show is dark and somber, and the animation brings it out wonderfully. It still remains light-hearted at times with the comic relief. It has the style similar to that of old folk/ fairy tales.

I've seen the first episode, and I really enjoyed it! You can watch that here:
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=_Wc1-q1CX_E
You can watch the entire series on ITunes for $10 or wait for the premiere on Novermber 3 on Cartoon Network (that's what I'm doing). It's definitely worth the watch :)

Earthshine

Postby Earthshine » 9 years ago

I saw trailers of this in the theater and was immensely interested in it. I' m definitely going to watch it when it premiers on November 3rd.

AprilSeven
Silent Song

Postby AprilSeven » 9 years ago

Looks like it has potential, but it is drawn SO UGLY (the characters, at least) ....those emotionless buggy eyes . . . I guess I'm old fashioned, but it robs the cartoon of something "loveable."

That's why I fear for the Astro Boy reboot. :cry:
Image Sig artwork by Alittleacorn!

Juanita
On a Flight into Space

I honestly like the designs. I think the designs work well in the setting, and the eyes seem to get the emotions across just fine (to me at least).

Tetsuwan Penguin
Robot Revolutionary

Postby Tetsuwan Penguin » 9 years ago

I thought the voice of the woodsman sounded familiar! It was Christopher Lloyd (AKA Emmett Brown from Back to the Future).
[sigpic][/sigpic]Image

:tenma: I'm on Fanfiction.net as Tetsuwan Penguin. Please check out some of the other stories I've written! ;)
https://www.fanfiction.net/u/4672860/Tetsuwan-Penguin

I can also be found on Deviant Art http://tetsuwanpenguin.deviantart.com/

My home page
http://scharkalvin.weebly.com/about-me.html

Juanita
On a Flight into Space

I knew he sounded familiar! I think he did the part very well.

Reid958
Rocket Ball Champion

Postby Reid958 » 9 years ago

"Kuo-Yi" wrote:Wonder if anyone else's watched "Adventures of Tintin" before, that would be my favorite classic "cartoon" so far. It's European though, not American. I liked the episode "Blue Lotus" the best, mainly because it was about China. :)

Ah I really like Adventures of Tintin, it's my old childhood character. It's Also one of the first comics I laid my eyes on. :w00t: well I still like it right now. "Blue lotus" I find that story pretty cool. But there's one thing I don't understand about Tintin.

That boy!! has some kind of big luck sprit around him :eek:

I guess he is very good at it.

I also like the adventures asterix and obelix French comics. I find out Asterix meant very clever and weedy. And obelix means stupid and also means greedy.
I still read them those days. :-)
Last edited by Reid958 on Sun Nov 02, 2014 4:34 am, edited 1 time in total.

MrsEclipse
Rocket Ball Champion

Postby MrsEclipse » 9 years ago

I could never get into Tintin but I absolutely love Asterix comics. I never saw any of the cartoons, though.
Baby, don't let it slip, it's a once in a lifetime ship and it's never gonna come again...

Return to “General Discussion”