What's the best cartoon you've ever seen?

Off topic discussion.
Uran-chama
Rocket Ball Champion

Postby Uran-chama » 9 years ago

Ahh there are so many good cartoons to choose from, but if I had to pick just one it would be Motorcity. It was a show on Disney XD a couple of years ago that was cancelled after one season. But it was such a good show! The animation was lovely and it had interesting characters. It had me absolutely hooked by episode 2. Plus the fandom on tumblr was so sweet!
Here's the generic poster for it if anyone's interested!
Attachments
motorcity.jpg
motorcity.jpg (53.87 KiB) Viewed 1981 times

Earthshine

Postby Earthshine » 9 years ago

It's such a shame that all the "good" shows are always the ones that are cancelled.

Earthshine

Sopika mentioned Over the Garden Wall in the last page and I definitely am convinced it is one of the best animations to come out in the last decade. It is very whimsical and also very dark when really looked at. It also stars Elijah Wood as the voice of Wirt and as Tetsuwan Penguin pointed out Christopher Lloyd as the Woodsman.

I really adore this short series and I think I have seen it 5 times now, it only has 10 episodes and each episode is about 10 minutes long, so it can be seen in its entirety in one sitting.

So if you like classic animation I'd recommend seeing this series.

Juanita
On a Flight into Space

Postby Juanita » 9 years ago

I totally agree! Definitely one of the best pieces of animation I've seen in quite some time. The ending (which I won't spoil) comes full circle and is definitely not what I expected. There's quite a few twists and turns, and they aid the story wonderfully, even the sort of cliche one (Earthshine probably knows which one I'm taking about).
I think I have seen it 5 times now

Same! I watched the series multiple times and the last few episodes even more because I loved them so much!

If you weren't big on the first episode, keep watching. It's like a movie. You can't watch the first 20 mins and decide you don't like it; you have to stay till the end. You can watch it for free on watchcartoononline or you can buy it on iTunes.

Earthshine

Yes it totally has its cliche moments but those moments make it charming. True though there is a lot of "twists" in the this animation that I totally did not expect which I really appreciated.

If you have Xfinity/Comcast the series is also on ON DEMAND and you can watch it that way (this is how I have been watching it).

I hope this series is released on a bluray/dvd sometimes because I'd love to own it. I admit I'm not too fond of owning digital media.

Juanita
On a Flight into Space

I agree. The cliches made it feel more like a classic. They use familiar cliches to their advantage and actually use them to move the story along (unlike practically every other modern show/ movie that uses the same or similar tropes). I didn't expect any of the twists beside the fact that they went over a wall (that was kind of obvious) and Beatrice's "secret". I didn't exactly predict it, but it wasn't as suprisingly as the others.

I'm definitely going to watch this on demand. I bet it'll look great on my big flatscreen tv! :p

astro-boy-2003
Kokoro Robot

Postby astro-boy-2003 » 9 years ago

My favorite cartoons:

Astro Boy 1963

Astro Boy 1982

Astro Boy 2003

Juanita
On a Flight into Space

@astroboy2003 - Lol your post just made me realize... Has anyone actually said Astroboy yet?

MrsEclipse
Rocket Ball Champion

Postby MrsEclipse » 9 years ago

"SOPikaMeowMeow" wrote:@astroboy2003 - Lol your post just made me realize... Has anyone actually said Astroboy yet?

I figured it kind of it goes without saying that we're all pretty much on the same page regarding Astro Boy.
Baby, don't let it slip, it's a once in a lifetime ship and it's never gonna come again...

Reid958
Rocket Ball Champion

Postby Reid958 » 9 years ago

"MrsEclipse" wrote:[QUOTE=SOPikaMeowMeow;230723]@astroboy2003 - Lol your post just made me realize... Has anyone actually said Astroboy yet?

I figured it kind of it goes without saying that we're all pretty much on the same page regarding Astro Boy.[/QUOTE]

Actually maybe we just saying that our fav cartoons in the past or still now, but maybe we didn't have to say that we like Astro boy, because We know we All fans of Astro boy on this site. ^.^ kinda what I thought. Lol

Return to “General Discussion”