What Would You Like to See in a New Astro Boy Series?

Talk about all things Astro Boy!
Earthshine

Postby Earthshine » 9 years ago

I wasn't too fond of him in the 2003 version either, to me it seemed like the writers were struggling to find a way to have the character put in the series and tie it in as a whole. In the end once I had completely forgotten that the character was in that series at all.

I absolutely loved the 2003 anime but when it came to that particular character I think he could have been handled better... (that and being Yuko's uncle just made no plot-sense at all).

If he is in the reboot I hope he is more like his 1980's/manga self than just being a detective, I too hope that he has that balance.

Windswept Cloak
Banned
Location: Sitting at my desk, surrounded by books and papers.

Postby Windswept Cloak » 9 years ago

Higeoyaji is without a doubt, in my opinion, the most ideal teacher for the series. I'd like to see him make a comeback if there was a new Astro Boy series, depsite it's not my favorite Tezuka anime nowadays. Though I'd be pretty keen on seeing Chi-tan, Cobalt, a 1980-style Uran back on the screen. :)
I joined this forum in late 2013 when I was 15 going on 16. Ignore my oldest posts, they embarrass me so much that I've considered permanantly leaving the forum more than once. I've grown out of my fangirling phase over Black Jack, Atom and Uran ages ago but the memories still embarrass me at times... :unsure: Though, I try to be more open-minded about it and accept it as an "interesting stage of my life". :tezuka:

Dragonrider1227
Robot Revolutionary

Postby Dragonrider1227 » 9 years ago

Well, aside from Little Astro Boy which barely got off the ground, the last couple of Astro Boy series' focused on a serious tone. Maybe this one could benefit from a lighter one. A bit more comical. Like the sort of stories Tezuka wrote for the manga in the really early 80s.

Actually, you know what I'd REALLY like to see from a new Astro Boy series right now? A TRAILER!! ><

Shiyonasan
Administrator

Postby Shiyonasan » 9 years ago

"Dragonrider1227" wrote:Actually, you know what I'd REALLY like to see from a new Astro Boy series right now? A TRAILER!! ><

Amen, brother.

At least we know the trailer comes out on March 21 now.

I have a feeling Astro Boy Reboot is going to be pretty silly too, but not to the extent that Little Astro Boy was. So, to go along with that, I'd like to see a series with a good mix of seriousness and silliness. I think ABR might end up being that way, but we'll have to wait and see.

Return to “Astro Boy Discussion”