Skype Meeting 4

Off topic discussion.

What date is most convenient for you to attend?

Saturday, November 22
29%
Sunday, November 23
7%
Saturday, November 29
21%
Sunday, November 30
21%
Saturday, December 6
14%
Sunday, December 7
7%

Total votes: 14

Shiyonasan
Administrator

Skype Meeting 4

Postby Shiyonasan » 9 years ago

This Skype Meeting occured on Saturday, November 22, 2014 at 4 PM Eastern Time.

So the time has come for another Skype Meeting!

What do we do during a Skype Meeting some of you say?

• Interested members gather together at an appointed date and time during a voice-only Skype call with IM and talk for a few hours about random topics. It's a laid back online get-together where you can chat with fellow members and get to know them a little bit.

There are still a couple rules that you must follow though, just like on the forum.

• You must respect your fellow members during the Skype Meeting. Discuss topics in a civil manner with each other.

• No political or religious discussion.

How do I participate in the Skype Meeting?

• Make a reply in this thread saying that you are interested in participating. Also, make sure to cast a vote in the poll indicating the date you think or know you will be available to participate in the Skype Meeting. You can vote on more than one date just in case you may be available for more than one date.

• Then, you have to PM me your Skype name. I will add your Skype name to my list of contacts, and on the day and time of the Skype Meeting, I will call the members who've given me their Skype name and indicated that they want to participate. Once all participating members have been added to the Skype call, the Skype Meeting will begin!

• DO NOT CALL ME ON SKYPE TO ENTER THE SKYPE CALL. You will not be put into the same Skype call as everyone else. I will call you to add you to the call. Just indicate that you are online on Skype, and I will give you a call on Skype to put you into the Skype Meeting.

What date and time will the Skype Meeting occur?

• The date with the most votes will be the date that the Skype Meeting happens. If two or more dates get the most amount of votes, the earliest date will be the date that the Skype Meeting happens.

Voting will end on the Friday before the date with the most votes at 12:00 PM (Noon) Eastern Time. For instance, if November 22 has the most amount of votes by November 21, that will be the date that the Skype Meeting happens.

How long will the Skype Meeting last?

• Typically, Skype Meetings of the past have lasted 3 or 4 hours. However, the Skype Meeting will only come to an end when the remaining participating members agree to end the Skype call. Just be aware that if the Skype Meeting drags on for several hours, I might drop out myself and let participating members continue talking on their own until they decide to end the Skype call themselves.

Can I join the Skype Meeting after it starts on the date it occurs?

• Absolutely! If you can't join until an hour or two into the Skype Meeting, I will still let you in.

Any further questions about the Skype Meeting?

Ask them in this thread! Otherwise, use this thread to discuss this Skype Meeting!
Last edited by Shiyonasan on Sun Apr 03, 2016 9:18 pm, edited 12 times in total.

Earthshine

Postby Earthshine » 9 years ago

You can count me in.

Though it I think it would be a good idea to host this Skype meeting (as always) on a weekend as some of our members are students and usually weekends are free for them as opposed to weekdays.

Shiyonasan
Administrator

"Earthshine" wrote:You can count me in.

Though it I think it would be a good idea to host this Skype meeting (as always) on a weekend as some of our members are students and usually weekends are free for them as opposed to weekdays.

Poll is now posted with weekend-only dates. ;)

Reid958
Rocket Ball Champion

Postby Reid958 » 9 years ago

I'm happy to join in a Skype meeting :-D

Shiyonasan
Administrator

"Reid958" wrote:I'm happy to join in a Skype meeting :-D

Sent you a PM.

Angel of the Stars
On a Flight into Space

Postby Angel of the Stars » 9 years ago

Darn! I probably could on a weekday, but my parents are home on weekends. :(
Maybe I could just chat and not be in camera?

Shiyonasan
Administrator

"Angel of the Stars" wrote:Darn! I probably could on a weekday, but my parents are home on weekends. :(

That would be fine! In fact, there was a member during the very first Skype Meeting who only used the chat, but didn't talk.

So, if anyone else wants to only use the chat/IM during the Skype Meeting, I'll allow it.

Umbral-Coltwings
Rocket Ball Champion

Postby Umbral-Coltwings » 9 years ago

Sadly, I don't have a skype, but I hope the people who do will enjoy this event! :D
:hyo: whoops

Angel of the Stars
On a Flight into Space

Postby Angel of the Stars » 9 years ago

"Shiyonasan" wrote:[QUOTE=Angel of the Stars;230330]Darn! I probably could on a weekday, but my parents are home on weekends. :(

That would be fine! In fact, there was a member during the very first Skype Meeting who only used the chat, but didn't talk.

So, if anyone else wants to only use the chat/IM during the Skype Meeting, I'll allow it.[/QUOTE]

Ok! :D
Is it ok if my chatting on there is slow? I say that because on Saturdays (and Sundays)sometimes I'm out and about, so I can't always reply right away.

Shiyonasan
Administrator

"Angel of the Stars" wrote:Ok! :D
Is it ok if my chatting on there is slow? I say that because on Saturdays (and Sundays)sometimes I'm out and about, so I can't always reply right away.

That's fine! :)

Return to “General Discussion”