Lurkers

Off topic discussion.
Shiyonasan
Administrator

Lurkers

Postby Shiyonasan » 9 years ago

Just curious: how many of you registered members browse the forums, but rarely post?

Any particular reason why you choose to lurk (not being able to log in often due to real-life priorities, not knowing what to discuss in threads, personal preference)?

Little Brown Fox
On a Flight into Space

Postby Little Brown Fox » 9 years ago

There... really isn't that much going on here at any given time, at all. Activity comes in random spurts, usually because someone found something moderately interesting, or, in much rarer and more welcome instances, something relevant has happened; in which cases, the thing will be discussed, the frequency of the individual posts being determined by interest and/or relevant things to say. And then as time passes, and whatever it was becomes old news, there is little to do except for simply sit and wait.

Also, personally, there are some people on here whom I would like to avoid any contact with as much as possible, directly or indirectly- I'd simply like to pretend that at least one of them doesn't exist. Thus, I tread very carefully.
lolwut

F-Man
On a Flight into Space

Postby F-Man » 9 years ago

I've always been in the mindset to post on here as little as possible because there is already the Tezuka in English forums that accommodate not only Astro Boy but all the other Tezuka properties as well. This forum seems basically redundant to me. But in the end I can only post on TiE as much as the near non-existent activity on it allows me to.
I'm on Twitter.

Sporkia
Rocket Ball Champion

Postby Sporkia » 9 years ago

I mostly lurk because I rarely have anything to say that would contribute to any kind of discussion, especially nowadays, when my interests have kind of shifted.

I do love these forums, though. You guys are really cool and I love reading all the discussions.
It's a magical day!

MrsEclipse
Rocket Ball Champion

Postby MrsEclipse » 8 years ago

I rarely post because I have so little to add to the discussion.

Specific reasons may include
* I'm not 'up enough' in the specific area being discussed to have any special insight
* I have no opinion on the topic
* Everything I want to say has been said
* My full investment in the topic is "I like this" or "I don't like this,"
* The only thing I can think to add is a story like, "Something exactly like that happened to me, here's the deets." Which comes off as, "It's basically your story, only better, 'cause I'm involved." That used to be a very, very bad habit of mine when I was way younger (but older than I'd like to admit.)
* I know very little about Astro Boy canon and upcoming Astro Boy projects relative to the rest of this forum. I come here to learn, but I never need to ask questions because they're already answered for me.
* I have a tight guideline on what constitutes spamming vs casually participating.
* I am extremely worried I will say something rude, offensive, or downright mean without meaning to or even realizing it could be taken that way, especially given how much of the nuances of conversation are removed in text. As such, I take a long time with my posts and end up deleting some altogether because I find them problematic.
Last edited by MrsEclipse on Fri May 15, 2015 10:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: forgot a reason
Baby, don't let it slip, it's a once in a lifetime ship and it's never gonna come again...

Strange Wings
Beyond the Stars

Re: Lurkers

Postby Strange Wings » 5 years ago

I usually am a notorious lurker as well, however this time I managed to stay away from the forums for about 3,5 years, without even visiting it. There wasn't exactly a good reason for it, I guess I needed a break from any astroboy-related discussion, because I had to sort out things out on a personal level.
Anyway, I'm back again, and I try to stay a bit more active this time.
My sincere apologies for my lenghty hiatus. :-))
「頼むから、仕事をさせてくれ」
- 手塚治虫先生の最後の言葉

fafner
Cosmic Ranger

Postby fafner » 5 years ago

You're my favorite lurker :-P Well, to be honest, you're the only lurker I know. And technically you're not a lurker anymore since you just posted :confused:

That's just beginning to be confusing, just let me say you "welcome back" :-D
The real sign that someone has become a fanatic is that he completely loses his sense of humor about some important facet of his life. When humor goes, it means he's lost his perspective.

Wedge Antilles
Star Wars - Exile

Tetsuwan Penguin
Robot Revolutionary

Postby Tetsuwan Penguin » 5 years ago

I wish that some of the Lurkers that are reading the stories I've been posting would make some kind of comment.
Sure would like to know what you think of them.
[sigpic][/sigpic]Image

:tenma: I'm on Fanfiction.net as Tetsuwan Penguin. Please check out some of the other stories I've written! ;)
https://www.fanfiction.net/u/4672860/Tetsuwan-Penguin

I can also be found on Deviant Art http://tetsuwanpenguin.deviantart.com/

My home page
http://scharkalvin.weebly.com/about-me.html

AstroAllies
Rocket Ball Champion

Postby AstroAllies » 5 years ago

I agree with some of the comments above.

I actually have much time to see the forum. I just don't have something to say. I have very few knowledge of Astro Boy, that's why I participated in General Discussion more than in other forums.

Welcome back Strange Wings! I had read a lot of your posts, especially your screenshots of 2003 Astro Boy, even before decided to join here. :D

Strange Wings
Beyond the Stars

Postby Strange Wings » 5 years ago

Thank you, fafner & Astro Allies! :lol:
I'm glad you enjoyed the screenshot thread, AstroAllies! Thankfully all of the pics are still visible. :D
「頼むから、仕事をさせてくれ」

- 手塚治虫先生の最後の言葉

Return to “General Discussion”