Skype Meeting 6

Off topic discussion.

Which date is most convenient for you to attend?

Saturday, June 20
24%
Sunday, June 21
24%
Saturday, June 27
32%
Sunday, June 28
20%

Total votes: 25

Shiyonasan
Administrator

Skype Meeting 6

Postby Shiyonasan » 8 years ago

The time has come once again. With so many new Astro Boy things being announced or released lately, it seems like a good time to have another traditional Skype meeting.

There will be a couple changes this time around:

First, there will be an ending time. This Skype meeting will start at 3 PM Eastern Time and go until 6 PM Eastern Time. To convert those times into your own time zone, click this link.

Second, I will add an extra hour under two conditions: (1) if someone can't participate until the third hour of the Skype meeting and (2) if there is a good discussion going on.

These changes are mainly to eliminate a lot of the awkward silences we end up having during these Skype meetings. It seems to happen a lot during lengthy Skype meetings; last month, the final impromptu Skype meeting went on for 5 1/2 hours, which I felt was way too long.

For the poll, the date with the most votes will be the date that the Skype meeting happens. If more than one date gets the same amount of votes, the earliest date will be the date that the Skype meeting happens.

You may vote on more than one date if you wish.

Voting will end on Thursday, June 18.

Also, if you wish to receive a reminder for this Skype meeting or future Skype meetings, send me a PM.

For those that are unfamiliar with what we do during Skype meetings, here is an FAQ:

What do we do during a Skype meeting some of you say?

• Interested members gather together at an appointed date and time during a voice-only Skype call with instant messaging and talk for a few hours about random topics, including Astro Boy. It's a laid back online get-together where you can verbally chat with fellow members and get to know them a little bit. Interested members can also join through just instant messaging if they can't use voice chat or choose to not use voice chat.

There are still a few rules that you must follow though, just like on the forum.

• You must respect your fellow members during the Skype Meeting. Discuss topics in a civil manner with each other.

• No political or religious discussion.

You must Skype from a quiet area or area with very little background noise. If you have background noise and are unable to get rid of it within 15 minutes of joining the Skype call, I will drop you from the call and give you a chance to eliminate the background noise before allowing you back into the Skype meeting. If, when I allow you back in the call, you still have background noise coming from your end of the call, you will be banned from the rest of the Skype meeting.

How do I participate in the Skype meeting?

• Vote on the poll for one or more dates that you feel like you would be able to participate in the Skype meeting.

• Then, make a reply in this thread saying that you are interested in participating.

• You must PM me your Skype name if you wish to participate. I will add your Skype name to my list of contacts. Then, indicate that you're online on Skype, and I'll send you a message on Skype to confirm that you want to participate in the Skype meeting. You may also send me a message on Skype if you want to participate. Once you confirm, I'll call you to add you to the Skype call.

• DO NOT CALL ME ON SKYPE TO ENTER THE SKYPE MEETING. You will not be put into the same Skype call as everyone else. Just indicate that you are online and ready to participate on Skype, and I will give you a call on Skype to put you into the proper Skype call.

How many people usually participate in ABO Skype meetings?

• Usually 2 to 5 people. The most we've ever had was 12 people during the very first ABO Skype meeting. The call kept crashing, but the hosts for that meeting kept it going pretty well.

• Skype has a tendency to freak out if too many people are in one call. Keeping that in mind, I'll give voice chat three tries to work correctly and not crash if six or more people join the Skype call. If, after the third try, Skype crashes, then I'll change the Skype meeting to only instant messaging until there's a small amount of people left (probably four or five, since Skype does pretty good with that amount of people). At that point, I'll bring voice chat back.

Can I join the Skype meeting after the time it begins?

• Absolutely! If you can't join until an hour or two into the Skype meeting, I will still let you in. You may also leave the Skype meeting at any time if you have other obligations.

Any further questions about the Skype Meeting?

Ask them in this thread! Otherwise, use this thread to discuss this Skype meeting!
Last edited by Shiyonasan on Sun Apr 03, 2016 9:15 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: Grammar correction.

Tetsuwan Penguin
Robot Revolutionary

Postby Tetsuwan Penguin » 8 years ago

I'll try and make it (first time for me I think)
[sigpic][/sigpic]Image

:tenma: I'm on Fanfiction.net as Tetsuwan Penguin. Please check out some of the other stories I've written! ;)
https://www.fanfiction.net/u/4672860/Tetsuwan-Penguin

I can also be found on Deviant Art http://tetsuwanpenguin.deviantart.com/

My home page
http://scharkalvin.weebly.com/about-me.html

Earthshine

Postby Earthshine » 8 years ago

I also will try to make it, I missed out on the last two I think. It'll be nice to chat again.

the 鉄腕アトム fan
Beyond the Stars

Postby the 鉄腕アトム fan » 8 years ago

I'm joining in!!!!!! Thanks for the notice :D
Go Go Go Assstttttttttrrrrrrrrrrrrrrroooooooooooooo Boooooooooooooooooy :astro:

Shiyonasan
Administrator

"The 鉄腕アトム Fan" wrote:I'm joining in!!!!!! Thanks for the notice :D

Awesome! Don't forget to vote on one or more of the dates in the poll though! (Unless you can participate any of the four days, in which case, I guess it wouldn't really matter...)
Last edited by Shiyonasan on Tue Jun 02, 2015 4:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.

the 鉄腕アトム fan
Beyond the Stars

"Shiyonasan" wrote:[QUOTE=The 鉄腕アトム Fan;233660]I'm joining in!!!!!! Thanks for the notice :D

Awesome! Don't forget to vote on one or more of the dates in the poll though! (Unless you can participate any of the four days, in which case, I guess it wouldn't really matter...)[/QUOTE]

I was going to vote for all days but I wanted to see what people wanted so i cant vote now :d oh: :d oh: :d oh:

I'm fine with any of the days. I vote for all

Edit: I can Vote!! that confused me

Tetsuwan Atom
Robot President

Postby Tetsuwan Atom » 8 years ago

Count me in even though i have to be here more often :d oh: good thing it wasn't this week cause i be gone for a anime convention

Osamu Tezuka God of Manga Father of Anime RIP 1928-1989
http://www.youtube.com/user/TheAnimeNewsNetwork1?feature=mhum

the 鉄腕アトム fan
Beyond the Stars

In my time zone the meeting doesn't start till 8pm. On the 20th I'm busy but I'm unsure wither it'll go on till this late of the start of the meeting. If the 20th of June is chosen I'm not sure if I'll be able to attend, it just depends hahahah.

Shiyonasan
Administrator

"The 鉄腕アトム Fan" wrote:In my time zone the meeting doesn't start till 8pm. On the 20th I'm busy but I'm unsure wither it'll go on till this late of the start of the meeting. If the 20th of June is chosen I'm not sure if I'll be able to attend, it just depends hahahah.

No worries if you can't attend it (if it happens on June 20th). I understand that that's very late for you.

However, it would be great to have you in the Skype meeting if you can attend. :)

Also, I just realized that, if all 7 people that voted in the poll attend the Skype meeting, we'll have 3 members with "tetsuwan" in their username (Tetsuwan Atom, Tetsuwan Penguin, The 鉄腕アトム Fan). Good thing some of you use a different name on Skype. :lol:
Last edited by Shiyonasan on Sat Jun 13, 2015 12:18 am, edited 1 time in total.

Reid958
Rocket Ball Champion

Postby Reid958 » 8 years ago

I'm surprised, I checked lf I'm free, I should able to meet you on Skype for theses 4 days (on the poll) how cool is that. ^^
So yeah I'll be joining. :D
[sigpic][/sigpic] "COOKIE TIME!!!!!"

Return to “General Discussion”